Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman OAV » OAVs being redone?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page OAVs being redone?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
OAVs being redone? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I got this email from Brian Jepson (no, I don't 'know' him but I emailed him once to let him know about the Gatchaman fan groups) who did the voice of Joe on the ADVs. This is what he said.

So, I just heard from my friend that used to be my director/recording engineer at ADV Films that he wants me to come back and record Joe's voice for the Gatchaman OVA series that came out in the 1990's! I'm going down to Houston this coming week to record the episodes. It's going to be like old home week. I don't know much about the 90's series, but I googled it and saw a few stills from the series, etc. I'll let you know when and where it comes out when it's done.

I will let you know if/when I hear back from him!

No new posts 06-08-2013 15:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Very interesting .... I look forward to hearing what response you get when you hear back!

No new posts 06-08-2013 16:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Same here!

No new posts 06-08-2013 17:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

SWEET! I really like Brian's voice for Joe- and he really seems to be a legitimate Gatch fan! That's exciting!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-08-2013 17:23 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

They're going to re-release the 90's OAVs is the impression he's giving me. Why would they redo the voices on the English version?

No new posts 08-08-2013 23:07 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Why would they redo the voices on the English version?

Maybe somebody's re-translated the dialogue...

No new posts 08-08-2013 23:17 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, you mean Ken won't tell Joe 'Not bad for a beginner?' anymore?

No new posts 09-08-2013 00:15 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Now, I didn't say that! But I wouldn't be surprised if someone comments on how Jun spends most of her time jiggling instead of toweling off when she gets out of the pool.

No new posts 09-08-2013 12:44 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I haven't heard back from him since, but I will post here if I do!

No new posts 14-08-2013 02:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I wonder if the live-action movie coming out has gotten some people thinking there'll be a renewed interest in Gatchaman?

I'm guessing this is all related to what Tatsunokofan posted here:

http://gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=4294&sid=

quote:
Hi all!

At the Anime Boston convention this last weekend, Sentai Filmworks announced that they would be releasing the Gatchaman TV series and the OAVs on DVD and Blu-ray this October.

From the sound of things, they're going to be releasing the entire series in a single set, coupled with the OAVs. The OAVs will also see a separate DVD-only release.

Sentai Filmworks is a subsidiary of Section 23 Films. Section 23 is, in essense, ADV Films under a different name. When ADV shut down, most of its key people and licenses went to the newly formed Section 23. The long and short of this is that the Gatchaman episodes that Sentai Filmworks will be releasing will likely be a reissue of the ADV Gatchaman release, paired with the Urban Vision OAV release. Considering the prices that many of the later ADV volumes are selling for these days, this could be a great boon for anyone who missed out on the ADV releases.

One thing that is currently unclear is whether the Blu-ray release will be a remastering of the series using HD masters, as was done for the Gatchaman Blu-ray release in Japan, or if it will simply be an upconversion of the SD DVD material to Blu-ray.

James

If this Sentai is releasing both the OAV and the ADV Gatchaman DVDs as well, maybe they want both of them to have the same dubbed voices, and are reuniting the voice actors who did the dubbing for ADV?

Brian Jepson is my favourite English-speaking voice for the Condor, so I think this is good news!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 15-08-2013 at 00:47.
No new posts 15-08-2013 00:46 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I would agree, Brian did an awesome job for Joe, and it's great to see that he will be voicing the Condor again!

And I'm excited to get the new BluRays...

No new posts 15-08-2013 16:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I found this and thought it was worth a mention...this guy named James Villanueva is supposedly a professional over at Deviant Art and he posted some images of Ken's birdrang. He also lists a ccopyright for Sentai Filmworks. Don't know if it means anything, but it caught my attention...

Here's what he says about it:

"A 3D print model project of the Gatchaman Birdarang suggested to me by :ishiro2549a: In theory the rubber band should open the wings when the switch is pressed. I left some room for a microswitch in case an LED were added for the eyes. Have not 3D printed it yet, bills come first.

Gatchaman Birdarang (c) Sentai Filmworks"

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-08-2013 05:04 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That looks super cool! I love his ideas!!!! Thanks so much for sharing that, Springie!

No new posts 18-08-2013 16:52 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Interesting. I guess they can use the 3D printers to reproduce all kinds of things, but it is expensive. I can understand his wanting to pay some bills first.

No new posts 18-08-2013 17:04 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Not anymore. The prices have plummeted over the last two years.

Expect to see them in your lair by 2015...

No new posts 18-08-2013 17:10 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Not this lair. I'm lucky to use a computer. I've got to figure out how to download or upload (don't know the terminology) my son's picture to sign him up for his SAT test. Apparently a picture ID isn't enough anymore.

No new posts 18-08-2013 22:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I've got to figure out how to download or upload (don't know the terminology) my son's picture to sign him up for his SAT test.

When you're sending it off, you're uploading (like sending your prayers up to heaven.) When you're receiving, you're downloading (like blessings come down from heaven.)

Does that help?

No new posts 18-08-2013 23:58 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

That's so cool, Springie ... thanks for sharing! Am so excited with all of this new Gatchaman related stuff! The interest in our beloved show is really escalating!

No new posts 19-08-2013 07:31 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
quote:
I've got to figure out how to download or upload (don't know the terminology) my son's picture to sign him up for his SAT test.

When you're sending it off, you're uploading (like sending your prayers up to heaven.) When you're receiving, you're downloading (like blessings come down from heaven.)

Does that help?

LOL, I just think of it as to/from/ the computer. If it's coming from the computer, it's downloading, and if it's going to the computer, it's uploading. You've certainly got a more spiritual take on it, EW!

No new posts 19-08-2013 15:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That does make much more sense. Thanks EW!

No new posts 19-08-2013 21:03 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: