Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Nikkatsu's Live Action Gatch movie
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nikkatsu's Live Action Gatch movie
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for letting us know, Victoria! I want those subtitles!! animebutterfly

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-01-2014 15:57 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

yay, thank you... hope those subtitles don't take too long, but in the meantime at least we can still enjoy the action! Smile

No new posts 18-01-2014 16:09 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Woo thanks!

No new posts 18-01-2014 23:34 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Many thanks, Victoria!!

No new posts 19-01-2014 11:02 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Thanks.

Well, I managed to stomach it...

Its pretty lame.

The music is unmemorable, the action not exactly heart pumping, and there is no humour to counter the drama (Things all good anime have)

Also, I have no idea how the team can live under such dull conditions.

No new posts 20-01-2014 09:31 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thank you so much, Victoria! Bowdown Off to download!

No new posts 21-01-2014 02:21 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

Always happy to provide links for goodies. I myself haven't watched it yet. Waiting for the weekend to come so I can kick back, open a bottle of wine and make myself a couple of cheeseburgers with enough cheese to rival the movie. Hopefully my new kitten will calm down long enough for me to to pay attention and make at least some sense of the Japanese (though it doesn't seem very... uh... deep).

My fanart is here

No new posts 22-01-2014 17:33 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Link keeps asking me for a code... any thoughts?

No new posts 23-01-2014 00:02 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
Link keeps asking me for a code... any thoughts?

That's odd. I didn't need a code. I just waited for the page to load (took awhile) and then downloaded (took much longer).

No new posts 23-01-2014 14:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

nor me

Its so annoying when you send a site to a friend saying its easy to use and for them...its not.

Still, my Japanophobic uncle (who seems to watch a lot of anime though he would really rather watch US excuses for humour) isnt missing much

No new posts 24-01-2014 22:08 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

T'was the cut and paste of the text causing my issue... the ellipses!

No new posts 24-01-2014 23:17 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

One more link for those who want to watch the movie online (it is in Thai, not in Japanese, I suppose).

BTW, pay attention to the scene AFTER the movie Winknudge

__
Ooops, it looks like copying the link doesn't work so try the site search.

Breathe in and breathe out

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by yul on 25-01-2014 at 00:17.
No new posts 25-01-2014 00:08 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks, Yul!

No new posts 25-01-2014 11:25 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

I-is it just me, or does Jinpei's description say 'Larks' Tongues in Aspic' at 00:11:02? I've been drinking, but surely I'm not that drunk. I... don't understand anything now. How can such thing even come to be? It's 2014, right? The age of Google Translate? Please, someone tell me it's just my imagination. (for anyone having issues with Gatchaman Crowds - Larks's Tongues in Aspic. LARKS' TONGUES IN ASPIC! LOOK AT IT!)

Edit: Okay. At 00:18:29, Joe's description says: Starless and Bible Black. No, nonono. Not Bible Black. Surely not Bible Black. I have watched Bible Black, and... no. Not Gatchaman. Nikkatsu, you DO NOT want to associate Joe with Bible Black, no matter how-... no. Just NO. I know that when it comes to hentai, Yasuomi Umetsu worked on Mezzo/Kite as well as Gatchaman OVA, but Bible Black is Bible Black and Gatchaman is Gatchaman. I... ugh. I just imagined Katse-sama as Kitami and this thought makes me want to destroy something.

My fanart is here

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Victoria on 27-01-2014 at 05:21.
No new posts 27-01-2014 05:10 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, it was one of the high points of the film.

No new posts 27-01-2014 11:00 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer
The usual "Easter egg", isn t it? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The text is copied from http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44235 :

"Interesting little factoid (though also one that gives me the distinct impression that certain bods in charge are having fun being self-indulgent, at the cost of fidelity to source) - all the military-hardware-style text on the sides of the 'helmet' and such include different prog rock/thrash metal album titles:

Ken = 'Judgment is Coming' (?? - might just be a generic phrase. Correct me if someone knows a possible source!)
Joe = 'Starless and Bible Black (not a Dylan Thomas reference, or Stan Tracey - instead, King Crimson)
Jun = 'The Great Gig in the Sky' (Pink Floyd)
Ryu = 'Ride the Lightning' (Metallica)
Jinpei = 'Larks' Tongues in Aspic' (King Crimson again)

...not sure of any logical connection between any of the above and the characters, or whether it's just the equivalent of me making a live-action 'Thuderbirds' movie, and having decals on the ships like 'Birth of the Cool' and 'Them Dirty Blues' ("because I can, dammit!!")."

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 27-01-2014 12:45 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by yul
One more link for those who want to watch the movie online (it is in Thai, not in Japanese, I suppose).

BTW, pay attention to the scene AFTER the movie Winknudge

__
Ooops, it looks like copying the link doesn't work so try the site search.

I found it, Yul -thanks for the link! I understand Thai about as well as Japanese (basically, not at all), so this is great!

No new posts 02-02-2014 21:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
« first ...  « previous  4  5  [6]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (6): « first ...  « previous  4  5  [6] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: