Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Comics & Manga » BotP comic find
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BotP comic find
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
BotP comic find Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just found 3 BotP top cow comics, and what I'd like to know is if they are complete stories, or parts of stories and I'll have to keep looking for the rest!
The titles are: Trial by Fire (vol 1) Blood Red Sky (vol 2) & Destroy all Monsters (vol 3) Any/all advice appreciated thanks!

No new posts 06-12-2011 15:10 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I checked out Wiki on that one for you ... It looks like it is a small story within the big one.

Clicky here for Wiki

I foolishly went out a bought the entire series ... disappointing read ... Horrible bloody cliffhanger ending...

Hope this helps

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 06-12-2011 15:16 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for that SJ, looks like they can stay in their wrapping then!! Still glad to have found them Smile

No new posts 06-12-2011 15:31 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

You may enjoy reading them all the same. There is a conclusion to that story arc.

No new posts 06-12-2011 21:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

There is?

Sighhh

No new posts 06-12-2011 21:28 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Sorry to interrupt ... but ... are they the graphic books that came out at the tail end of, or after, the comic books? I have never been able to find those ... if they are, I'm glad to finally have some titles and to see what they looked like.

No new posts 06-12-2011 21:54 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

If it's any help, KT, Diinzumo reviews/describes the comics here:

http://web.archive.org/web/2008122311311...man/comics.html

Me, I actually very recently acquired the crossover with Thundercats. I don't even like Thundercats, really, but I had in-store credit to use at a comics store (long story) and wanted to buy something.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 06-12-2011 at 22:00.
No new posts 06-12-2011 21:59 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl
Sorry to interrupt ... but ... are they the graphic books that came out at the tail end of, or after, the comic books? I have never been able to find those ... if they are, I'm glad to finally have some titles and to see what they looked like.

Let me know which comics you need, Lee ... You can have my copies. I got every single one of them back when they were released and with an evil monkey systematically rampaging through my birdie things, it's best I give them to a good home...

You got "Mark" right? You know, the one full to brimming of our boys in red?! Mrooooowwwwwrrrrr to the fly-boys!

Sighhh

No new posts 06-12-2011 22:18 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl

Let me know which comics you need, Lee ... You can have my copies. I got every single one of them back when they were released and with an evil monkey systematically rampaging through my birdie things, it's best I give them to a good home...

You got "Mark" right? You know, the one full to brimming of our boys in red?! Mrooooowwwwwrrrrr to the fly-boys!

Oh yeah ... definitely hunted that one down! I don't have any of the other specials they put out, except for one that was formatted like one of Anderson's dossiers on all of the members.

I have all of the ones in the regular comic series (with a couple of duplicates here and there; I should probably see if there's anyone out there who would like them).

As for the graphic novels, I knew they were out there, but at that time, I didn't have internet access, and then they discontinued them, so I gave it up as a lost cause. Just knowing the titles has made the searches for them easier! Thanks!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RIgirl on 07-12-2011 at 01:17.
No new posts 07-12-2011 01:16 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yep, these are the graphic novels. To be honest, I just saw "Battle of the Planets" and snatched them off the shelf!! It's impossible to find any Battle paraphernalia in this town. Frown

No new posts 07-12-2011 10:02 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer

The graphics are the collected editions of the Top Cow series.

No new posts 07-12-2011 13:16 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Still in two minds as to whether I dare read them or not!

No new posts 07-12-2011 13:21 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, look at it like this, even if the story lines aren't that great, you can still enjoy the artwork, especially if what Askura says is true.

No new posts 07-12-2011 14:24 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

The stories are pretty cliché and characters aren't nearly as interesting as in the original Gatchaman series (especially the conflict between Ken and Joe is overblown way out of proportions in my opinion), but I'm happy to have them nevertheless. Downloaded the Thundercats and Witchblade crossovers via the internet, bought the rest. I'm grateful for any Gatch merchandise.

My fanart is here

No new posts 07-12-2011 14:52 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
especially the conflict between Ken and Joe is overblown way out of proportions in my opinion

I think that is true of BotP in general, though. There is more friction between Mark and Jason then there is between Ken and Joe. I'll happily blame Zark for that since he was always putting Jason down and Mark could do no wrong even when he did.

No new posts 07-12-2011 16:56 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I agree with Amethyst on this one. Jason is the dissenter in BOTP, and Mark always comes out smelling like a rose.

No new posts 07-12-2011 21:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Didn't know where else to put this (sorry KT!), but I just had to share.

Over the weekend, while in Baltimore, I found a graphic novel entitled "Speed Race & Racer X: The Origins Collection." I didn't even know there were "Speed Racer" graphic novels out there, but on whim, I got it, just for fun. The copyright date is 2008, so I don't know if anyone else out there knows about this, so please forgive me if I'm not sharing anything new.

It's supposed to be set eight years before the start of the series, so Speed himself is only 7 or 8 and his mother is pregnant with his youngest brother.

In one panel, she is seen baking with a list of five baby names in front of her, the last name, Spritle, circled in red. And the other four names crossed out? Mark, Jason, Tiny and Keyop!

I must have stared at that for a full minute, thinking I was seeing things! But no, they are there! I actually laughed out loud. It's not often that I come across a BotP reference like that, so I just had to share.

No new posts 05-08-2012 19:39 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

wow, RIgirl, can you post the pic? I'd love to see it...

No new posts 05-08-2012 20:09 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

That is hilarious!

No new posts 05-08-2012 20:51 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I'd never seen that before, either, although I'd seen some of a more modern version of Speed as an adult.

I'd have had to do a double-take on that, too.

No new posts 05-08-2012 22:39 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: