Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »The World on the Web » Gatchaman Song in English
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Song in English
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Song in English Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I ran across this in a You Tube search...it's funny to hear the Gatchaman theme song being sung in English- I can't remember if this song has actually been performed in English lyrics before...

Animetal- Gatchaman in English

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-10-2011 23:57 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Very nice find Springie.
You are right it is not something I have seen or heard before. But, it looks like it has been cut and put together from a longer piece, perhaps so the images would fit. I would have liked to have heard and seen more.

No new posts 19-10-2011 00:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've never heard it in English before... that was a cool find!

CD, I agree... it's bits and pieces. Perhaps they did a part English/part Japanese version in concert?

No new posts 19-10-2011 01:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good thinking TJ, I had not considered that.

No new posts 19-10-2011 02:00 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

pray photo parachute deal drama desperate Drool1 Huggles help2

NEED EXPERT HELP
can someone or does someone know were I can get some of the captions/pictures from this video

first one -Gatchaman 1972 The final scene picture were the 5 team member heads are together and

Second next pictures were the team members are together with the white background

okay let me explain, my oldest sister does pictures using layers of paper , she said she would do a gatchaman one for me for christmas and these pictures would be perfect I'm a bit Eyecrazydancing

this is what she did for my other sisters birthday

No new posts 19-10-2011 13:21 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

okay breathing now,
we've been trading pictures for the last few weeks, but I keep picking ones that are to elabourate and would take to long, these one would be perfect and include all the members clearly

Thank you for you wonderful find Springie

hijacked unintentionally, (feeling needy and exited about a potential chirstmas present for my room) squeal santas coming!!!

No new posts 19-10-2011 13:57 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Is that Robbie Williams? Very cool!!!!

No new posts 19-10-2011 14:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf

can someone or does someone know were I can get some of the captions/pictures from this video

first one -Gatchaman 1972 The final scene picture were the 5 team member heads are together and

Second next pictures were the team members are together with the white background

I made a cap of the first, and found an only slightly larger image of the second, elsewhere online.

Not very high-res at all, but maybe someone here will know where larger versions can be found.

No new posts 19-10-2011 16:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
I ran across this in a You Tube search...it's funny to hear the Gatchaman theme song being sung in English- I can't remember if this song has actually been performed in English lyrics before...

Neat!

It's gotten me curious now, about the English translation of the lyrics.

The singer's singing this:

Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?
Shadow that dances through the distant sky
He’s soaring up with his white wings, Gatchaman
Flying out now, he’s flying on ???
Science Ninja ???

Fly, fly, fly, Gatchaman
Go, go, go, Gatchaman

(some bits I can't make out)

This is different from the ADV version, which is:

Who is it? Who is it? Who is it?
The shadow dancing high in the sky
It’s the white wings of Gatchaman
You stake your life and fly out
That’s the Science Ninja Technique Firebird

Fly, fly, fly, Gatchaman
Go, go, go, Gatchaman

And then there's the version from
http://www.gatchamangoods.com/GUta.html

Clearly there some room for variation in the translating. I imagine that if you're going to sing with the music, then your lyrics have to fit the timing of the song, whereas another translator might go for more literal accuracy even if it doesn't sound as smooth in English.

No new posts 19-10-2011 16:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

LB, I know I've seen the first picture around online before. I have a bigger version somewhere. Te second one is an image from one of the pachislo games.

No new posts 19-10-2011 19:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I wondered if that is where I recognized it from. Actually I wondered if both images were from the pachisio game.

In that second image Jinpei really looks like an alien with that "green" face, huge mouth and "blank" eyes. Wink

No new posts 19-10-2011 21:18 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

THANK YOU!!!
Yes it's Robbie, he graces of few walls in this house
Santa comming

No new posts 20-10-2011 11:22 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Whoo hoo, your sister has good taste! Wink Robbie Williams is one of my favorite musical artists... and he's not hard no the eyes either. Plus I crack up whenever I hear him in an interview... Big Grin

No new posts 20-10-2011 13:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't know if you still need this, LW, but I came across a better version of the pic.

I found it at Kena's site:

http://blog.xuite.net/kena/gatchaman/39349943

Check out the Science Ninja Team baseball caps!

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf

I made a cap of the first, and found an only slightly larger image of the second, elsewhere online.

Not very high-res at all, but maybe someone here will know where larger versions can be found.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 17-11-2011 at 13:52.
No new posts 17-11-2011 13:51 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Lovely find, Springie, and thanks for those translations, LB!

LW ... that's an awesome picture of Robbie Williams! Congratulate your sister for me for the lovely work! Your walls are so lucky to have him!!

No new posts 21-11-2011 18:55 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Now I imagine everyone will be singing along with the opening titles whenever they watch the show!!

No new posts 21-11-2011 19:12 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer

Found the full length version: It's more of a music video than opening titles, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krmab1LiHd8&feature=related

No new posts 12-03-2012 11:21 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

It is fantastic!!!!

Thank you for sharing!!

No new posts 12-03-2012 11:43 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Cool! Now I just have to figure out where to get the audio...

No new posts 12-03-2012 15:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer

Provide an email, and you can have a copy.

No new posts 12-03-2012 19:30 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: