Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Gatchaman II episode recaps - Episode 12
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman II episode recaps - Episode 12
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2010

spacer
Gatchaman II episode recaps - Episode 12 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Disclaimer: Gatchaman belongs to Tatsunoko, no infringement is intended.

Screencaps: Reboekah has graciously given me access to Gatchaman II screencaps for inclusion in the recaps, thank you! : )

Episode 12:

Space, the final frontier.. A galaxy, far far away. We drift through space

and end up on Earth, somewhere in the mountains. An array of sattelite dishes are receiving transmissions. Bizarre looking flying contraptions enter our field of view and use beam weapons to destroy the installation.

On the view-screen in G-Town Nambu shows the enemy ships to the team. Jinpei says something that doesn't meet with the response that he expected. He crosses his arms in a huff and Ryu laughs at him. Nambu continues, ignoring the interruption. Ken's surprised by what he says.

We see a closeup of some coastline and a blinking light indicating something important. The team is ordered to investigate and the God Phoenix takes off (stock footage)

They fly over some towns on their way, eventually flying over the coast. A snow-storm is covering the destroyed installation in a thick white blanket.

Inside, some rats are snacking on the equipment. THe team is a little downcast. Ken receives a transmission on his wrist communicator. It sounds like Nambu.

Somewhere further out, no longer in the snow-storm, we see an observatory with a telescope. The team break in and find some Galactor goons to beat into submission. Jinpei seems to be especially enjoying himself, until they find the scientists who have been slaughtered. One scientist is still alive. He looks a little like Nambu.

There's a discussion about what Galactor has been up to, and then the man mentions Dr Raphael which gets Joe's attention (You'd think they'd provide more protection for their scientists).

A goon wakes up, overhears some of the conversation and makes a call on his wrist communicator. The scientist dies, the team is downcast. Joe leaves the room, Jun tries to stop him but he ignores her and mutters "DR. Raphael".

The weird looking ships from before leave the Earth's atmosphere and dock with a large orbiting space ship. Sosai X and Gel Sadra are discussing something when they get a message from a goon. He mentions Dr. Raphael. This news infuriates Sosai X. His tone becomes ominous as he tells Gel Sadra what to do. He finishes his speech with a creepy laugh.

Commercial break!

No new posts 05-09-2011 15:31 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The G2 is racing trhough the desert. It stops, Joe gets out and surveys the scene, a destroyed and deserted village. Joe takes a dive off the top of a cliff into a crater filled with water. He swims down to the bottom until he reaches a hidden entrance.

Onboard the spaceship they're monitoring something and a goon alerts Gel Sadra to their discovery. On the view screen we see a couple of missiles preparing for launch.

The missiles are about to launch. Inside a control room we hear sirens, it's not clear if the rockets are supposed to launch. Judging from their expressions I guess not. The missiles seem to be coming from different countries.

For some reason we see a shot of young family and their baby as the narrator mentions Sosai X.

Dr Raphael is monitoring a viewscreen. Joe is standing behind him. Dr. Raphael mutters something about Galactor. The bird on his shoulder looks on impassively.

Joe speaks, almost mechanically, without much emotion.

Cut to G-Town, Ken raises Nambu on the intercom. Pima is consulted about something, and Ken mutters something about Joe.

Back at Dr. Raphael's, a missile is being readied for launch. It's a manned misiile, Joe is on-board, his eye glints as the rocket takes off. Raphael watches the launch, cloack flapping in the wind. It looks lonely there.

Pima bleats something (it's an annoying voice) as the God Phoenix approaches the Galactor ship that's descended into the atmosphere. Gel Sadra orders the launch of those weird ships and they move towards the God Phoenix.

The two missiles are approaching, it looks like they may all meet in the same spot. Ken shoots some missiles at the weird ships and blows them out of the sky.

As they approach the Galactor mother ship, they're caught in a massive blast that drives them back. A goon alerts Gel Sadra to the two missiles, and then to the third Joemissile aiming straight for them. Gel Sadra sounds worried.

The Joe rocket separates into two stages and detonates as it hits the Galactor mother ship. It explodes. Boom! Gel Sadra escapes : )

The two other missiles hit each other but don't seem to do what was intended (not sure what that was, surely they also would have hit the Galactor mother ship..)

The team awakens on the God Phoenix. They don't know what's happened. They are relieved though. The narrator mentions Dr. Raphael, and we see Joe standing next to his ruined missile, unhurt. Just to change things up, the God Phoenix flies parallel to the sun.

Next episode preview:
A tunnel, a girl, Joe, shadowy shape, collapsing tunnel, Joe knocked down, the girl again and some rockets

No new posts 05-09-2011 15:46 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Great writeup, CM!

X wanted to start a nuclear war, so he manipulated a certain technology called Leapwaves to send those first 2 missiles off course. But Joe destroyed them, so they never reached their intended targets, and the nuclear crisis was averted.

I love the term 'Joemissile'! How perfect!!!! thumbsup2

No new posts 05-09-2011 17:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Any missile that Joe touches is a 'Joemissile.'

No new posts 05-09-2011 19:18 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Crescent_Moon
The weird looking ships from before leave the Earth's atmosphere and dock with a large orbiting space ship. Sosai X and Gel Sadra are discussing something when they get a message from a goon.

quote:
Originally posted by Crescent_Moon
Pima bleats something (it's an annoying voice) as the God Phoenix approaches the Galactor ship that's descended into the atmosphere.

What with more episodes with things taking place in space (albeit within our solar system) and annoying robots, Gatch II does sometimes remind me just a little of Battle of the Planets. I imagine the influence of Star Wars had an effect on both shows...

No new posts 07-09-2011 02:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm sure you're right, LB! After Star Wars, everyone wanted to see space stuff. lthough I like in Gatchaman II how the majority of stories still center around Earth, and when they go into space, it isn't too far (i.e. they never reach Mars).

No new posts 07-09-2011 14:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: