Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Die Cast Godphoenix
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Die Cast Godphoenix
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TheSolarSailor TheSolarSailor is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

spacer
Die Cast Godphoenix Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Does anyone here own the die cast metal Godphoenix made by Unifive and released in 2001?

Click here to see the Unifive Godphoenix

It's a really cool ship, but rather delicate. Handle with care! Apparently, there was a second release in 2003 that sported a different lighter-toned paint job, which can be seen here. I own the first release, and I think it is the best of the two.

I was just curious if anyone else here had bought this great toy replica!

No new posts 20-05-2011 05:46 TheSolarSailor is offline Send an Email to TheSolarSailor Search for Posts by TheSolarSailor Add TheSolarSailor to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's a lovely item which unfortunately I don't own! You're right, SS ... that's really cool!

No new posts 20-05-2011 08:30 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've got one. It, and the little replica vehicles in it, are very nice indeed Big Grin

I do recall being tempted to sell the firebird plastic cover though - tacky, and doesn't fit properly.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 20-05-2011 10:55 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
TheSolarSailor TheSolarSailor is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

spacer

It's my prize Gatchaman item! I don't have much at all in the way of Gatchaman items, just this, the Battle of the Planets 12 inch figures of Ken and Joe, and a smaller figure of Zoltar from the America released toy line that accompanied the Alex Ross comic books. I used to have a 3 3/4 action figure of Ken from the Tatsunoko line of figures, but I sold it.

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
I've got one. It, and the little replica vehicles in it, are very nice indeed Big Grin

I do recall being tempted to sell the firebird plastic cover though - tacky, and doesn't fit properly.

I wouldn't sell the firebird simply because it is a part of the big old box this thing came in, and I want to keep it all as perfect as I can. I agree that it is rather tacky looking, but they were trying to make it playable, i.e., to put the ship inside of it. I have never tried, though, as I don't want to damage the paint job in an effort to cram it in there. Toy fire never looks that great! I don't think the second release...the one with the lighter colors...has the firebird included.

The guy in the review on the first link I provided doesn't like the mini-vehicles, but I think they are just fine. They are just mini-replicas designed to fit the Godphoenix, and I appreciate the effort to make it all work together. G1 isn't exactly perfect thanks to the tail fin that is too large, but again, they are trying to make it all workable.

It is a delicate piece, though. I have had to rig the side that G4 goes in, for the doors don't stay closed well and the mechanical claw that holds G4 falls out. I just keep it closed without the vehicle inside of it. I LOVE the way they tried to make it as functional as possible, though. But it is NOT intended for kids. The reviewer makes me laugh in the way he damaged his piece. It's for collectors, not for playing!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TheSolarSailor on 20-05-2011 at 11:20.
No new posts 20-05-2011 11:16 TheSolarSailor is offline Send an Email to TheSolarSailor Search for Posts by TheSolarSailor Add TheSolarSailor to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

Awsome but the price almos killed me aaahhhhggghhh lol! 

No new posts 21-05-2011 00:51 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I have the later version that comes with the boomerang, thanks to a good friend who generously sold me their extra set for a reasonable price. It's super cool! thumbsup2

No new posts 21-05-2011 01:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I would love to have one (or have bought one) but the price at the time was too high for me. Although I suspect it would cost me even more if one were to come up for sale today.

No new posts 24-05-2011 00:31 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

That is so cool, wish I had known about it back in 2001. Thanks for sharing. Smile

No new posts 24-05-2011 01:48 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: