Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » What were they thinking???? 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (134): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What were they thinking???? 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00 1 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
What were they thinking???? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I was speaking with someone about the crazy BOTP comics of the 70s... there was a set from the US and a set from the UK. The people who did them clearly weren't familiar with the Tasunoko art style (or even the Sandy Frank art style) and there are some utterly ridiculous things in there. I thought it might be fun to post some panels every so often, so that we can enjoy the results of their efforts.

From the US BOTP comics...

So... what is Zoltar doing? Exercising? He looks like he's trying to touch his toes! And I think the Great Spirit's monitor needs to be touched up with Zark's window cleaner...

No new posts 01-05-2011 02:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zoltar looks more like batman from the '60s/'70s. He's either doing toe touches or maybe some weird Spectran bowing ritual that we've never seen before.

Capturing Seven-Zark-Seven? Can we help?

No new posts 01-05-2011 03:00 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Maybe, if we're really lucky, Zoltar will destroy 7zark7 too! Devil1

No new posts 01-05-2011 03:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Can't you see the team going undercover to Spectra to make sure that this particular fiendish plan actually works.....

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 01-05-2011 03:09 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer

pound

I'm thinking everyone should just be glad whoever made Zoltar's tights did a good job. It looks almost like a failed attempt to moon the galaxy. And, yes, I agree he has a batman look to him

Heck, the team would probable sell Zark to him for a nickel and give back ten cents change.

No new posts 01-05-2011 03:30 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe Zoltar is trying to pick up an invisible box...

No new posts 01-05-2011 03:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

No new posts 01-05-2011 07:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

ROFL 2 That's a great addition, LB!

LOL ... I agree ... is it such a fiendish scheme, that of taking Zark out of the Team's way! They'd probably be doing the Team a favour!

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Maybe Zoltar is trying to pick up an invisible box...

... or maybe he has just puked on hearing Zark's name!

No new posts 01-05-2011 07:58 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

LOL, I like that suggestion Springie and had a real good chuckle at yours Marie.

No new posts 01-05-2011 11:47 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That's great, LB! What a fiendish plan!!!!!

No new posts 01-05-2011 20:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Zoltar is practicing the exercises they're going to force Zark to do until his arms fall off and he pops all of his bolts.

Lure him with Susan! That's hysterical!

No new posts 01-05-2011 20:37 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

TJ, remember this? I think it's been almost three years... I can't remember who you'd borrowed the book from though.

No new posts 01-05-2011 23:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

LOL, that is great LB.

WHat I am wondering though is why is Princess lying on the ground in your modified edition?

Did she collapse upon hearing Mark's comment?

No new posts 01-05-2011 23:16 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Um, because "smut" is harder to do when you're standing up...

No new posts 01-05-2011 23:22 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh come on now, LB! I happen to know that you've written smut in a variety of positions! Wink

That was actually from my book. Since then I've acquired most of the comics in color.

It was finding those on my hard drive that gave me the idea for this thread.

No new posts 01-05-2011 23:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Bwahahahaha...I had forgotten about that! LB- you are a master at rewording! pound

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-05-2011 00:48 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That was great, LB! You're so creative and witty!

No new posts 02-05-2011 02:02 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Vodka Vodka is a Female

I am a Condor.

Registration Date: 21-04-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
TJ, remember this? I think it's been almost three years... I can't remember who you'd borrowed the book from though.

I laugh so hard and loud that papa went runing to my room to see if I was cryng and it is so early!

Iborgia, you made mi early morning more shiner

No I'm not lucky I'm Blessed

No new posts 02-05-2011 02:39 Vodka is offline Send an Email to Vodka Homepage of Vodka Search for Posts by Vodka Add Vodka to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks!
My favourite part of this comic is their flip-up visors -very handy for when they want to kiss! I don't understand why this useful helmet feature was never revealed in the series itself!

No new posts 02-05-2011 04:29 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Oh come on now, LB! I happen to know that you've written smut in a variety of positions! Wink

Well, previously innocent Gold-Key-Comic-Princess here has only just been exposed to fanfiction smut. I am sure she will get more creative soon... Laugh1

No new posts 02-05-2011 04:38 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (134): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: