Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »The buy, sell or swap shop » Gatchaman Tee Shirt Design
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Tee Shirt Design
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I'm rather impressed at the esprit de corps that Katse's showing here, charging into the fray with his goons. This is usually the part where he's heading for his escape rocket!

Except... Jinpei appears to be out, and Ryu isn't happy. Jun appears confused? Maybe he thinks the odds are in his favor?

Regardless, he's in the back... Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 13-04-2011 at 14:56.
No new posts 13-04-2011 01:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Good point - he could be he's thinking "This is my chance, at last!"

Or, as CD suggests, the Ninjas are in between him and some thing or place he very much wants to reach.

I can't think of too many occasions when Katse has directly come to blows with any of them, but it does happen... There's ep 19 when he stabs Joe in the arm with a scalpel, and when Ken fights with him over that Mechanika cassette in ep 16, Katse scores some hits. There's got to be other cases of Katse punching or kicking them that I can't recall right now...

ETA: Just remembered, female Katse whacks Ken over the head with a gun in ep.31, but that's not quite a "fair fight" as Ken's caught by surprise.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 13-04-2011 at 04:09.
No new posts 13-04-2011 04:07 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Also, Katse doesn't fight the Team unless he has to. Those instances you mention are where he was cornered, or being physically attacked himself.

No new posts 13-04-2011 14:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Great colouring job, LB! It looks absolutely gorgeous in colour!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 13-04-2011 21:02 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I guess, in a sense, there can't feasibly be too many actual fights between Katse and the Ninjas, because he's the main villain and has to survive to be in the next episode, and continuing to try to come up with ways for him to get into direct, physical fights with the Ninjas but always survive and escape would start to get tiresome and unbelievable.

So, I guess we can more or less conclude that Katse only chooses to fight of his own accord when the odds are heavily in his favor -ie. (s)he's hitting an unsuspecting Ken over the head from behind, or beating up an already sick-and-ailing Joe.

Not exactly the stuff of admirable courage, but really, very sensible of him/her! Laugh1

No new posts 13-04-2011 21:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
jerryma jerryma is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-04-2011

spacer

hey guys, jerry here. just wanted to comment on the colors done on the piece i drew.

the colors look good. i would just make one recommendation though. in photoshop, copy the layer with the line art, and then multiply that layer. so you can go over the black line without effecting it. this way you won't get that light white line between the colors and the lineart.

also, i like to do a 1 pixel gausian blur on the multiplied layer. it softens up the art and makes it look a little more organic to me.

but nice job of coloring it man.

-jerry
www.epicprops.com

No new posts 22-04-2011 19:00 jerryma is offline Send an Email to jerryma Homepage of jerryma Search for Posts by jerryma Add jerryma to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Nice to meet you, jerryma! Glad you don't mind me taking a stab at colouring your art -such a cool image, though, I couldn't resist when I saw it here...

I did copy the layer with the line art and multiply it. I'm thinking the white lines (especially apparent on Joe's helmet) are because I used "paint bucket" to apply most of the colours, it being quicker than using a brush. I've noticed that that method, although quicker, doesn't always carry the colour completely to the lines, whereas using a brush will.

Thanks for the tip on "1 pixel gausian blur" -I'll have to try that one.

Wecome to gatchamania!

No new posts 22-04-2011 20:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Ooooh, we have the artist himself in our midst? That's freaking awesome!!!

Welcome, Jerry!!

No new posts 23-04-2011 03:10 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

iagree Welcome Jerry, and my compliments for your wonderful art!

No new posts 23-04-2011 07:18 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

What is the legality of doing Gatchaman / BOPT related T-shirts or products?

Do we need to put a disclaimer on them?

How do you find out about copy right laws etc?

Do you need writen permission to be able to sell Gatch / BOTP related products (like T-shirts)?

How does this work?

No new posts 23-04-2011 11:25 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

ps jerryma love your work

pps also love coloured version,
I thought Jun looks like she is shrugging , like "whatever, let the boys have their fun" and Nambu is about to pull his hair out "this is not the order I gave them"

No new posts 23-04-2011 11:28 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Great to see you here, Jerry! And we would love to see more of your Gatch art!

LW, if you want a Gatch t-shirt, you can get them from Cafepress.

http://shop.cafepress.com/gatchaman

No new posts 23-04-2011 16:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome Jerry. Nice to have another artist in our group. I would love to see more of your Gatch work if you have some.

No new posts 23-04-2011 18:56 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
jerryma jerryma is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-04-2011

spacer

hey guys!
wow, thanks for the warm welcome.

as for that white line near the line art. yeah, i don't like using the paint bucket to "fill" in the areas. i get to anal about it and end up using the lasso tool to cut out paths to fill. then i generally like to add a bunch of textures to the colored areas to try and make it more organic looking.

not necessarily the best way of course, but just how i do things.

i've done a bunch of gatchaman drawings for charity. i'll have to dig them up. if i can find them, i'll post them up in here.

you guys have to check out http://www.cliffchiang.com!
thats my friend. he's been doing a bunch of gatchaman drawings. i believe if you dig deep enough on his site, you'll be able to find some.

i really like those cafepress mugs of gatchaman. i may have to order one of those real soon.

as for jun shrugging her shoulders. i was going for more of a "boys will be boys" attitude for her in that one. maybe i didn't convey it very well though.

anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome guys. i really mean it.
i'll try to get some more gatchaman sketches for you guys to look at.

No new posts 24-04-2011 02:39 jerryma is offline Send an Email to jerryma Homepage of jerryma Search for Posts by jerryma Add jerryma to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jerryma
as for that white line near the line art. yeah, i don't like using the paint bucket to "fill" in the areas. i get to anal about it and end up using the lasso tool to cut out paths to fill. then i generally like to add a bunch of textures to the colored areas to try and make it more organic looking.

I usually go around the edges with a brush, after I've used paint bucket, which can be be time-consuming, though I've found that spending time, before any colour-application, just getting my lines as clean as possible, with no fuzzy edges, helps the colour go on better too (though it's also time consuming...)

It's not easy being "anal"! Laugh2

quote:
Originally posted by jerryma
you guys have to check out http://www.cliffchiang.com!
thats my friend. he's been doing a bunch of gatchaman drawings. i believe if you dig deep enough on his site, you'll be able to find some.

I've figured why "Cliff Chiang" sounds so familiar!

Awhile back, we had a thread here with a link to an article about some Gatch art by Cliff Chiang that was being auctioned for charity on ebay. I bid on his "Ken" picture, but I didn't win it...

I'll definitely check out his site!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 24-04-2011 at 05:41.
No new posts 24-04-2011 03:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I might be mistaken, but was Cliff Chiang at Comic Con last year? Is he the artists who drew the bombshell Jun? I remember meeting him, and he was very gracious and glad to see some Gatchaman fans around.

No new posts 24-04-2011 04:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Is this the image? It's on his site.

I don't remember meeting him -I guess I missed out!

No new posts 24-04-2011 05:08 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

love cafepress,
looks like I'm saving up to do some shopping
pity not enough G2 / G5 stuff

No new posts 24-04-2011 13:26 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, that's the Bombshell Jun, LB!

Cliff had some awesome G2 business cards. Let me see if I can find the one he gave me...

No new posts 24-04-2011 15:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Damn, I really did miss out!

Sigh, that's what I get for spending so much time in the anime theaters down at the Marriott...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 24-04-2011 at 17:12.
No new posts 24-04-2011 15:40 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: