Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Comics & Manga » Video Review of Thundercats/BOTP comic
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Video Review of Thundercats/BOTP comic
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree that we have a strong group of writers here. We put a lot of thought into what we write and we tend to use beta readers.

I've read a little other fandoms - Enterprise, Cal Leandros, League of Super Heroes, Space 1999. I'm 50-50 on what I've read in those.

I think it depends upon the crossover as well. They either have to have something in common or you can weave it together well.

I've got my four going and I had to think about them before I decided to write them. The BotP/OAV was a natural.The Enterprise one just came from an idea of the crew being a team, then Trip being Jason's descendent, etc. The House one came out of a discussion a few years ago in the old Yahoo group and Blood Line was just an extended version of my book Daywalker.

I don't know why I like crossovers. I just find them fn to write.

No new posts 08-04-2011 22:26 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
** You know, sometimes I think I spend too much time thinking about this stuff**

No, that's the fun part! Laugh2

I was going to say, that is what makes you, or any person, a good writer, thinking about writing and what you like or dislike about an author's writing.

That could be the main difference between regular people and those who are active in a fandom -they would say we're "spending too much time thinking" about Gatch/BOTP, but we see the value in it -the scope for creativity and improvement in writing, drawing etc., as well as the fun and the enjoyment of knowing others who are also "thinking about it too much."

No new posts 08-04-2011 23:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I like that thought LB. Certainly joining this site has opened MY creativity and made me enjoy writing again, instead of fearing the process.

I am not sure how much "thinking about the writing process I do" I was never very good at that in school - and I am meant to be an English Major. I guess, unconsciously, (or is that subconsciously?) I have absorbed more than I thought I did.

No new posts 09-04-2011 02:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

With all the talking about crossovers I just had to add a comment or 2. Smile
I love SJ's crossover with CSI I believe it is. Was totally believeable and I loved the interaction between the 2 worlds. However, some of my all time fav Crossovers are between Gatch/BoftheP's. Can't remember the name of the one where Joe time traveled to BotP world and woke up as Jason in the Lucy episode I think it was. I remember him wanting to tear Zark apart and everyone horrified every time he cursed. Hilarious. My fav part was the twist at the end where he woke up as Dirk. Giggle...

No new posts 09-04-2011 02:18 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I like SJ's, too. Other favorites are UW's L&O:SVU crossover, and Becky's Enterprise crossover.

Maybe what we need is a thread for crossovers. We can post links to our favorites, writers can pimp, etc.

No new posts 09-04-2011 02:45 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Pufles65
Can't remember the name of the one where Joe time traveled to BotP world and woke up as Jason in the Lucy episode I think it was.

Might be Evangelina's "No Swearing Allowed"?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 09-04-2011 at 06:43.
No new posts 09-04-2011 06:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Yes, I think that's right, LB!

No new posts 09-04-2011 15:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If I recall, in another thread, we had the idea of a crossover between different language dubs of Gatch/BOTP. That's something that, as far as I know, hasn't been tried yet!

One of these days, I could take a stab at having "Thierry" (French-dubbed Jason) end up in the English BOTP...

No new posts 09-04-2011 18:04 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thierry? What were the other names?

Sorry - I haven't read the French BotP thread. Going over to do so.

No new posts 10-04-2011 16:07 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Mark and Princess were still "Marc" and "Princesse" but Tiny is "Alumette" and Keyop is "Kipo."

I want to think that "Allumette" means something like "matchstick" in French -I can't figure out why Tiny would have a name like that though, unless it's some reference to him being the pilot of a ship that can go "fiery phoenix."

No new posts 10-04-2011 16:14 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I think it's a play on words, similar to 'Tiny'... after all, Tiny is anything *but* tiny, and a matchstick is an object people often reference for being thin.

No new posts 10-04-2011 17:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

LB, I was intrigued to search the word "allumette" in the Babylon dictionary, which brought me to the following Wikipedia definition of the word:

"An allumette (play /æljuːˈmɛt/) is a matchstick-sized cut, 3 mm x 3 mm x 5 to 6 cm (1/8 in. x 1/8 in. x 2 to 2½ in.) long, used for potatoes. Also used to refer to certain types of puff pastry.

This cut is also known as a julienne."

... apart from matchsticks, everything indicates food!!ROFL 2

No new posts 10-04-2011 17:06 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

TJ ... I read your message just after I sent mine! ... your line of thought does really make sense, also!

No new posts 10-04-2011 17:08 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Tiny is anything *but* tiny, and a matchstick is an object people often reference for being thin.

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
... apart from matchsticks, everything indicates food!!

Ah, I think you've definitely figured it out!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 11-04-2011 at 12:40.
No new posts 10-04-2011 17:44 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So he was named after a 'French Fry'. That's hilarious!

No new posts 10-04-2011 19:55 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

Might be Evangelina's "No Swearing Allowed"?

That's it LB, thank you. I don't think I laughed so hard in a fic in aquite a while after reading that one. Smile I appreciate you finding it out for me. Hmm might have to go read it again. Smile

Thank you. Smile

No new posts 11-04-2011 04:11 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hey, you're welcome! I believe it's at gatchfanfic.com

No new posts 11-04-2011 12:38 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
So he was named after a 'French Fry'. That's hilarious!

Yeah, poor Owl, he gets names like "Tiny," "Hootie," "Matchstick/French Fry"... There's even a Hong Kong subbed bootleg of Gatchman where he's named "Dragon" (though in that version, apparently the Swallow is "Sting" which is even stranger!)

No new posts 11-04-2011 12:45 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe that Hong Kong version wanted 'cooler' names? Wink

In comparison to all of this, Ollie Keeawani, the laid-back Hawaiian in Eagle Riders seems fairly cool too! Wink

No new posts 11-04-2011 14:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Actually I think of Dragon as suiting the Owl very well. Like a dragon he is big, strong and if you think about it is not really designed aerodynamically, and yet he can still fly, when he needs to.

I also like to think of dragons as being gentle but once they are irritated, or attacked, then they CAN become a deadly opponent. But then that is MY interpretation of dragons. I have heard many other interpretations that would not come close to the Owl's personality or characteristics.

No new posts 11-04-2011 17:22 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: