Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer
Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sending my best wishes to Japan and their wonderful, creative people who gave birth to the Gatchaman world which we all love so much. It's been heartbreaking to watch the news, especially regarding Sendai, home to one particular Owl.

Speedy recovery...

No new posts 13-03-2011 14:08 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree, it has been amazing and terrifying to see what has happened there. I hope that the Japanese people are able to recover quickly from this disaster.

No new posts 13-03-2011 15:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nuni
Sending my best wishes to Japan and their wonderful, creative people who gave birth to the Gatchaman world which we all love so much.

Well said! I'm sure that in time they will recover and rebuild, but my heart aches for the misery, fear and loss so many Japanese people are going through right now.

No new posts 13-03-2011 17:07 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My heart goes out for them as well. It is a terrible situation, one with much loss, pain and suffering.

No new posts 13-03-2011 17:36 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

The news footage is unbelievable! I heard that they have endured over 60 aftershocks that are above a 6 on the Richter scale, too! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Japanese people...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-03-2011 18:38 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I have co-workers there who have all checked in. It's terrifying to watch and now one of their volcanos is erupting.

They are a strong people and will recover with the world's help.

No new posts 13-03-2011 18:59 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I wish to join all of you others even here with my prayers! There are being times when I really cannot stand watching the footage shown in the news any more ... seeing all this suffering, which is going on, and hearing about the increasing number of victims is heartbreaking! I so hope that Japan will soon recover from such a blow, and that even the present nuclear threat will be resolved!

No new posts 13-03-2011 19:14 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

If any country in the world can recover from the effects of this type of natural disaster, Japan can. As much as I gasp in horror at the footage as I am sure many of us all have, I am also amazed at how little damage has been done in the bigger cities like Tokyo by the constant tremors.

And they are constant. Every message I get from friends over there begins and ends with 'and there's another one'....

Due to the nature of their often violent landscape they have learned the best methods of building so the least amount of life is lost. Unfortunately... there is no engineering feat that will protect from tsunami *sigh*

However, that said... I was in Kobe a year to the day after their earthquake that claimed over 6000 lives and destroyed a very large portion of the city. A few buildings that had a definite...lean.... were the only signs left of it. They had rebuilt so much in so little time it was awe inspiring.

Of course, there was no threat of nuclear meltdown either and that, along with a possible major tremor on the Kanto plain (which would effect Tokyo proper), is the major worry right now.

Like the floods in Queensland (and pretty much every other state of Australia) at the beginning of the year and the quake in Christchurch, my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and seen their entire lives destroyed in a blink of an eye. But the one thing I have learned this year very well - we as a species survive. We pick ourselves up, we dust ourselves off and we grieve. Then we start again.

Nature has proven she is one tough old lady and a force to be reckoned with. We can never forget that compared to her we are nothing but blips on the landscape, her landscape, and we must be respectful of that at all times.

We are just happen to very stubborn and tenacious blips.

Doesn't stop me from wondering what she has in store for us next month though...

No new posts 14-03-2011 00:51 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I've been watching for updates. We have a few Japanese fans that come to the site occasionally. I hope they're okay and my thoughts are with you and hoping you and your family are well away from the devastation.

No new posts 14-03-2011 01:15 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

Adding my thoughts and prayers to all those in the devastated areas and missing loved ones. May this all soon quiet down and the rest of 2011 go on without much too do.

No new posts 14-03-2011 03:43 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

My heart and prays are with all those affected in any way by what is happening in Japan

Each time I see the news it seems like footage from a movie (special effects etc) I guess it is my mind trying to comprehend what it is seeing , it's hard to understand that all these natural disasters have occured in such a short amount of time, and have affected so many people ...
....one thing I have to say is that I am so proud of us as a race....so many people have banded together to assist each other.....from total stranger half way around the world to people who are suffering just as much as the next person...

It has renewed by faith in mankind...people are setting aside their differences to lend a helping hand and a shoulder to lean on....lets hope this continues

Hug

No new posts 14-03-2011 12:17 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: