Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 105 – Earth’s Destruction! 0002
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 105 – Earth’s Destruction! 0002
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I love that animation, too, LB! Thanks a lot for sharing that moment with us!

And, Springie ... you couldn't have said it better ... that is, all of the others knew about Jun's feelings towards Ken, except for Ken himself! Even if I keep on liking to think, and am almost certain, that deep down Ken knew, and had the same feelings himself, but he did quite a heck of a good job in order to hide his sentiments due to the circumstances, pushing her away and avoiding her instead of giving her any fragile hopes!

Mentioning one of my annoying Gatch F references ... Joe, together with all the others, was also very supportive during Ken's sickness! This is especially highlighted when Ken's condition had turned to the worse! There was even that particular instant, before they decided to face the final battle, in which only Jun was left staying at Ken's bedside, and Joe kept holding an impatient Jinpei away from the room in order to give Jun some time on her own with Ken!biggrin2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gatchamarie on 09-01-2011 at 08:21.
No new posts 09-01-2011 08:11 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
If you keep on watching Gatch II, you'll come to know what I'm talking about! But then, much to us Ken/Jun shippers' delight, things return to this couple's favour in the last series, Gatch F, especially near the end!Winknudge

Cool, I'm going to dive right in and watch the Japanese versions of those next, I'll just have to imagine what's going on : )

lborgia88, I like that animation, conveys a lot. I do wonder about the stare that Jinpei has though.. Creepy : ) I also like your take on the challenges of writing Joe/Jun, hadn't really considered the fun to be had in finding ways to get them together!

No new posts 09-01-2011 13:50 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Crescent_Moon
I also like your take on the challenges of writing Joe/Jun, hadn't really considered the fun to be had in finding ways to get them together!

There's fun to be had with canon, I think, both when trying to bend it and when trying to write something that fits closely with canon premises/events
-or something that could happened within canon (but that just wasn't shown Wink1 )

I admire people who have their own AUs, for the depth of imagination it requires, but I've not tried that myself.

No new posts 11-01-2011 00:09 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Crescent_Moon
I also like your take on the challenges of writing Joe/Jun, hadn't really considered the fun to be had in finding ways to get them together!

The other night, I found myself thinking about this, how writing Jun/Joe pretty much requires dealing with the "Why Joe and not Ken -what about Ken?" question. There are quite a few answers to this question out there in fics, but that got me thinking about Ryu...

An even more interesting challenge would be plausibly writing a Jun/Ryu romance! I'm pretty sure I've read a fic or two where Ryu has unrequited feelings for Jun, but can anyone think of a fic with a requited Jun/Ryu romance? Off the top of my head, I don't think I can, but surely someone's tried it...

I'm not saying I have plans myself to try it, but it would make an interesting writing challenge -trickier than Joe/Jun, at any rate!

No new posts 13-01-2011 19:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Fanfics and Bird People at Gatchfanfic.

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/viewstory.php?sid=687

No new posts 13-01-2011 23:22 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

LB, there are two that I enjoy. One by our very own SJ I believe called Secret admiration . Although this is probably more along the unrequited feelings you mentioned

And a second one by the same author UW just linked to by Sabrina Alexander called Liquid Bliss . I enjoy because Jun is the instigator to the first kiss not Ryu, from there the author has left it to your imagination, although i like to think the story UW has linked to comes after Liquid Bliss. Inluv2

No new posts 13-01-2011 23:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ah, so there is at least one author, Sabrina Alexander, who's done requited Jun/Ryu...

Seems her solution to the "Why Ryu and not Ken or Joe -what about Ken and Joe?" problem is that Ken is into "busty blonds" and Joe is in to "booze and debauchery." I'm not sure if that completely works for me, but she did write a very sweet Jun/Ryu interaction! I wish she'd written more here...

It has been my observation/experience in life that often guys who are more of the hot-looking, attention-getting alpha/hero variety (akin to Ken or Joe) are often also stressed, preoccupied and generally high-maintenance -such that a laid-back guy who's relaxed and actually happy most of the time will start to, by contrast, seem very appealing. This could well work in Ryu's favor!

No new posts 14-01-2011 00:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88 Seems her solution to the "Why Ryu and not Ken or Joe -what about Ken and Joe?" problem is that Ken is into "busty blonds" and Joe is in to "booze and debauchery." I'm not sure if that completely works for me, but she did write a very sweet Jun/Ryu interaction! I wish she'd written more here...

I agree I too would have liked to see what she did if she had written more.

No new posts 14-01-2011 01:29 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Haha, I liked Liquid Bliss, shame that Jun has to get drunk to appreciate Ryu.. Fanfics and birdpeople ran down some of the same paths my mind did.. I wonder if anyone's written anything about Jun and a Captain of the week (or even a goon : )

No new posts 14-01-2011 14:33 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Actually, they have...these are two of my favorites!

Inconsistencies

The Return

Both by Maya Perez... Animevalentine

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-01-2011 20:11 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think I've read those... but it would have been quite some time ago. Probably high time for a re-read...

I have to admit, back in the days when I was 100% lurker, I did seem to have more time for reading fics!

No new posts 15-01-2011 07:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I have to admit, back in the days when I was 100% lurker, I did seem to have more time for reading fics!

I know just how you feel LB. I am always wishing I could find more time to go back and reread stories or time to hunt for new ones to add to my favourites.

No new posts 15-01-2011 13:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Wow, you guys have been having a fascinating conversation while I've been away!

I have to admit that I enjoy writing Joe/Jun... mostly because (as LB said) you have to *work* at it. It's not generally accepted, so you really have to come up with a good explanation as to why they are together (and more importantly, why Jun is not with Ken).

That being said, I love Ken/Jun as well. It just depends on my mood (or heck, what I'm reading!) at the time. There are so many hints in Gatch, but nothing for certain... leading to some delicious angst on both of their parts! I've gone through that one more times than I can count and you know I will be doing it again!

Of course, the *best* is when you have a triangle. Ken and Joe both angsting over Jun? Jun unable to decide, or perhaps carelessly and cluelessly trampling over someone's feelings because she just doesn't know? That's fanfic gold! And yeah, I've used that too. In fact I'm writing it now... Big Grin

As for Ryu... I'm not sure that's something I could write personally. As a female, I just don't find Ryu attractive in any way, which would make it difficult for me to write him as a romantic leading man. Doesn't mean I won't read other fics though... Wink

No new posts 18-01-2011 14:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Actually, they have...these are two of my favorites!

Inconsistencies

The Return

Both by Maya Perez... Animevalentine

Those are really good, very impressed with how the characters' actions line up with how I imagine they would act and the extended scope of the story. She's absolutely nailed Joe too : )

"O beautiful one" was a bit too close to "Oh luminous one" (not to mention corny : ) for my taste though. I had some Katse related anxiety at one stage : )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crescent_Moon on 08-02-2011 at 11:34.
No new posts 08-02-2011 11:32 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Katse related anxiety! Do tell! *TJ waits anxiously for dirt*

Seriously, though, I can see how as a kid Katse would creep you out. He's just so bizarre... and vicious to boot!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 08-02-2011 at 14:16.
No new posts 08-02-2011 14:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually, as a kid I always liked Katse.. He (she?) never seemed all that evil. The Katse anxiety was thinking that Jun might be falling for a cleverly disguised FrostenKatse : )

(So, how many more times do you think we can use this Katse emoticon in the one thread? : )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crescent_Moon on 08-02-2011 at 14:45.
No new posts 08-02-2011 14:43 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't know. Shall we try?

You thought Jun might be falling for Katse ? Now that's freaky Whatever would make you think that Jun would find Katse attractive? Or that he'd know where to find her? And I'm not familiar with the 'Frosten Katse ' term?

No new posts 08-02-2011 14:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Game on : )

So I'm hoping I don't destroy anyone's enjoyment of the story if they haven't read it... Stop reading now if that's you : )

I never thought Jun would fall for Katse (although that would make a good story, Katse is a magnetic figure after all). I also never thought that Jun would in any way find Katse attractive, even if Katse disguised him/herself (unless it was as Ken : ) I do think that Katse would find Jun attractive (even if she dressed up as Ken : )

What I did think, was that Katse's mutterings of "Oh luminous one" and Frost's "Oh beautiful one" had a weird resonance. At one point in the story I thought, wow, wouldn't it be cool (and creepy) if Frost turned out to be Katse. So FrostenKatse is my clumsy attempt to merge Frost and Katse and refer to them as one character. I think it would have made a nice twist to the story if he had turned out to be Katse.

Your move : )

No new posts 08-02-2011 15:17 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't think I can out- Katse you! You've certainly got Katse s coming out the ying yang!

Okay, this is making more sense now! I was wondering what I was missing! Doh2

As for Katse and Jun.... Puke2 that's not for me. I know there was a big IF about it a few years ago, and even those people, who were gung ho to see it happen, had to have Katse brain-washing her. And I guess there's a PWP piece on gatchfanfic.com... which I dont mind so much, because she's fantasizing about Ken and ends up with Ken at the ends. Big Grin

No new posts 08-02-2011 21:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Haha, I'll have to have a look for those : ) I agree that it'd be hard to find a way to make it work. I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that we only ever see Katse as a woman when she's not in her purple outfit. Maybe if he's in his male phase (every other year?) and it's before the series starts...

No new posts 09-02-2011 13:58 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: