Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » New t-shirts from Tatsunoko Pro
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New t-shirts from Tatsunoko Pro
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
New t-shirts from Tatsunoko Pro Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Freaky... when did they become the 'Science Ninja Force'?

No new posts 31-10-2010 22:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Those are cool.
Although I am not sure I would wear them, but I like the third and fourth ones.

No new posts 01-11-2010 02:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You're right, TJ! I've never heard of the "Science Ninja Force" ... of the "G Force", yes, but, for me, that's not the same! And, these being Tatsunoko Pro is weirder!

Thanks for the cool find! Am I right in saying that the shirts might be in children's sizes, especially the long-sleeved ones? If that's the case, I still don't think my kids would like to wear them, though! They prefer Ben 10 and Disney Princesses over all the other characters!

No new posts 01-11-2010 08:26 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

Wow! These look really neat! I certainly love unique shirt designs that aren't just clip art on a plain black or white shirt. I'd definitely wear them if I could easily get them (and afford them)

No new posts 01-11-2010 09:32 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

You can easily get them... if you have a Japanese address. But yeah, you'd have to go through Celga or some other agent if you wanted to order through Tatsunoko Pro.

Marie, I think they come in adult sizes.

No new posts 01-11-2010 14:01 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Marie, I think they come in adult sizes.

Whatever the size, they're cool just the same! I think it's an illusion, which the pictures might be giving me, that makes me assume they could be of a smaller size! Or, perhaps, it's due to the long periods of time I spend searching specifically for children's clothes ... I'm being addicted!

No new posts 01-11-2010 14:51 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Maybe the Japanese word "Tai" can be translated as "force" as well as "team"? But I'm so used to hearing "Science Ninja Team," that "Science Ninja Force" somehow sounds wrong.

Nevertheless, I think the shirts are cool -I'd wear one if I had one!

No new posts 02-11-2010 04:01 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

LB, I had thought the same thing. I also wondered, since they are in English, if they were trying to connect them with G-Force, but why then not market them in countries that aired BotP? (No slight intended to GoS, but BotP was G-Force first, and a bit more popular)

No new posts 02-11-2010 04:26 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Seeing English in Japan is not a big deal. It's considered cool, just as we have T-shirts here with the Japanese and Chinese characters. The only difference is that most of the people over there can actually read the words thanks to twelve years of compulsive English lessons through school.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by green on 02-11-2010 at 05:44.
No new posts 02-11-2010 05:42 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

The largest waist size they sell is about 23" (60cm). There are 25 different shirt styles, and they range from $30US (for a t-shirt) to $45 (for a hoodie).

I organized the big group buy for t-shirts when Tatsunoko Pro released the number shirts a decade or so ago. Shirt sizes tend to run small in Japan--my large barely fits me across the chest, though it does create quite an eyeful. Lol

Katse

No new posts 02-11-2010 23:43 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green
Seeing English in Japan is not a big deal. It's considered cool, just as we have T-shirts here with the Japanese and Chinese characters. The only difference is that most of the people over there can actually read the words thanks to twelve years of compulsive English lessons through school.

Which still doesn't prevent the sale of 'Spread Beaver' T-shirts and tourists being able to go 'shitseeing'. Check out [url]www.engrish.com[/i] for some interesting misapplications of English (and what happens when one translates the words but not the meaning).

No new posts 03-11-2010 00:09 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Which still doesn't prevent the sale of 'Spread Beaver' T-shirts

I know a few urban kids who would jump at a t-shirt like that. Half the teachers would send them to the office for it, they other half would either ignore it out of ignorance or to keep from making it a big deal.

No new posts 03-11-2010 00:42 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
quote:
Originally posted by green

Which still doesn't prevent the sale of 'Spread Beaver' T-shirts and tourists being able to go 'shitseeing'. Check out www.engrish.com for some interesting misapplications of English (and what happens when one translates the words but not the meaning).

Oh, honey, the spread of Japlish is far and wide, I can assure you. My friend delighted in picking up T-shirts with notable examples and proudly wearing them at every opportunity - including when she went back home for a visit.

I've also spent some time translating the shirts my sister bought here in Australia that featured Japanese writing... One proudly proclaimed her a 'very expensive flower seller's daughter'... as in hooker, not a provider of expensive blooms...

She was 16 at the time....

No new posts 03-11-2010 02:04 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: