Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 99 – The Wounded G-2
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 99 – The Wounded G-2
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Nuni, I think they got them in random order over several shipments.

No new posts 26-10-2010 03:18 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Probably a 'boxed set' of a few eps per shipment. Random choice.

No new posts 26-10-2010 10:11 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
iagree Got to say, that I'm with Becky and CD on that.

Of course, in BotP, he wouldn't die, Mark would tell Tiny to take him back to the ship and be quick and Zark would go on and on about how he'd be all right.

I think your'e right, Amethyst. Jason wouldn't be dying... he may *act* like he's dying, but at the end, Zark will tell us that Tiny brought him back to the Phoenix and they took him home, and everything was all right.

And oh yeah, I think they would have cut out Jason being drugged and tortured by Zoltar. Wink

No new posts 26-10-2010 13:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by nuni
BOTP aired in 1978, at least 5 years after Gatchaman did in Japan. Do you think the staff got the episodes one at a time? The original series had been completed for so long by then.

In a few chunks, but yeah, it's my understanding that the order was all mixed up and they viewed each episode as self-contained. That's why they didn't understand some of the ongoing plotlines, like Colonel Cronus being Mark's father, or Jason's illness. Think about the Hontwal episode... which in Gatchaman leads to the '2-parter' where Red Impulse dies. In BOTP, the Hontwal episode is completely separate from The Sky Is Falling, which shows those other events. They didn't do this on purpose... they just didn't know.

No new posts 26-10-2010 13:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

There are mentions (after his death) that RI was Ken's father, and plenty of hints before time. The writers may have edited out the posthumous references to paternity because they had no way of knowing it would be a plot point.

Most American cartoons at the time were self-contained episodes. There are a few continuity hints in BotP, but with the episodes out of order, this tends to be limited.

The result is that the revelation that Cronus is Mark's father loses its punch. Gatch dropped hints throughout the show, then had the 'Cataroller' episode before the 'V2' episodes. In the BotP episode where Cronus boards the rocket, Casey Kasem belts out a truly heart-rending yell as Mark watches his father go to almost certain death. Imagine how much more effective if they'd had the lead-up, and tragic if they could have admitted the existence of death.

No new posts 27-10-2010 01:28 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: