Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » Anyone here played Phantasy Star?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Anyone here played Phantasy Star?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Anyone here played Phantasy Star? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As a guy who doesn't care for RPG's that much, it's ironic that I find myself a big fan of the Phantasy Star franchise. I've never beaten any of them though. There are periods of weeks where I'll be playing them lots of days and saving my progress and picking up where I left off the next day I play, but I always forget about it after those periods of weeks and fixate on something else. Still I really like it because I thought the characters were great. These are short opinions of mine on the first four titles in the franchise:

Phantasy Star (198Cool=I think it's the best 8-bit RPG ever made. And it's my favorite game on the Sega Master System, followed by Zillion and then Shinobi.

Phantasy Star II (1989)=I thought this was the best of the franchise, because I liked the characters and the music.

Phantasy Star III:Generations of Doom (1990 [Japan]/1991 [rest of the world])=This game's really underrated. Many people don't like this one because of how different it is from the first two, because a different team had worked on it, and it had a more medieval-like setting, while the previous two had a more futuristic-like setting. It really doesn't deserve the bad rep it has.

Phantasy Star IV:The End of the Millenium (1994)=Alot of people think this installment was the best. I don't agree (I think Phantasy Star II is the best like I said). While I do think it was good, and I love the characters Alys Brangwin and Rune Walsh and the fan support of the believed romance between them, it's not my favorite. Still very good though.

As for Phantasy Star Online, I played the first PSO on the Gamecube when I got in 2003 here and there that year, but haven't played it since. Phantasy Star Zero was just too frustrating. I never played Phantasy Star Portable or Phantasy Star Universe, but they don't look that interesting to me. I'm a big fan of the first four though games from the late 80's and early 90's though.

No new posts 30-08-2010 19:26 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I never played them but always wanted too, I remember seeing it for the Sega Master System back in the day. I think I may have actually bought it a few years ago when I was buying up retro games but not sure I have got around to playing it yet.

As for best 8-bit RPG, Ultima 4 was my favourite on the Sega MS, its just a huge shame the port to console had a bug in it which meant you could never ever complete the game but still bloody fantastic.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 30-08-2010 19:49 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

no, but i will be playing FFXIV. is that close?

and i spent like, forever graphing one of the Ultima games - forget which one. i still have the binder with everything carefully mapped out. Put together, it covers the living room floor.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lyon on 31-08-2010 at 01:32.
No new posts 31-08-2010 01:30 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: