Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Something I heard about marijuana
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Something I heard about marijuana
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Something I heard about marijuana Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Before I begin, let me start by saying I do NOT smoke marijuana. I never have, and I never will. And I've never taken any other illegal drugs either and have no intention of it. I'm just sharing with you all something I heard and thought this section of the forum was the best place to post it. Anyway, what I heard was that marijuana does not affect anyone's health, and all it does is make people feel good. I also heard from people that used to smoke it say that it helped them with things like stress and obsessive compulsive disoreder and at times temporarily relieved them of those types of things. I even heard that weed was legal in some states as long as it's used for things such as what I've said I heard.

No new posts 22-07-2010 21:47 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well its not actually true. The weed that you get now is far stronger then it was say 10 years ago and as with anything too much of it can and will harm you.

Studies have proven that overuse (smoking 5 grams a day) not only puts you at risk from smoking related illnesses but also has some serious psychiatric side effects such as memory loss, slower reaction time, schizophrenia etc.

Eating resin is one way of circumnavigating many of the harmful effects but unfortunately resin is usually cut with things like bin bags, dirt, grease and if the seal was brought in by boat it could well be contaminated with diesel. Additionally eating resin or even weed causes extra stress on your arteries and cardiovascular system.

All in all its down to where you get it and how often you use it. As most legal pharmaceuticals have exactly the same problems.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 22-07-2010 22:02 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

In addition to higher risk of schizophrenia and other mental illnesses, I have also seen reports that mouth and upper resp cancers are higher risk from smoking marijuana / cannabis because it is more likely to be smoked without a filter. And presumably because those dodgy additives are being inhaled as well. Because it's not generally legal, there is nothing to legislate what can and cannot be added into it.

I'm in the minority of people I know of my age in real life, in that I have never smoked it. I used to work in a group of people of very similar age to me, around 40 of us in all, and only 3 of us had never smoked it. I never saw any indication in those who did smoke it that they were better at dealing with stress or any other problems. It's a temporary feelgood, nothing more. It doesn't fix anything. And once it starts to affect your memory, you're facing real problems. But it feels good, so nobody wants to consider that maybe they would not be any worse off for not smoking it.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 22-07-2010 22:29 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: