Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 77- The Successful Berg Katse
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 77- The Successful Berg Katse
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Gatchaman Episode 77- The Successful Berg Katse Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gatchaman Episode 77- The Successful Berg Katse

We begin with the Daily Fish Parade. Dr. Nambu is briefing the Team..

“This is Dokoaru. It’s the country I was telling you about.” he says. “As you can see, it’s a small country. Its president has contacted the ISO to ask for our help.”

“Dokoaru is rich in underground resources such as diamonds, gold, and silver.” Dr. Nambu goes on, much to Jinpei’s astonishment.

“So I’ll bet that’s why Galactor’s after it.” Jun surmises. “That makes sense.”

“Recently, the president refused to cave in, and give Galactor financial assistance.” Nambu says. “So now they’ve put him on their hit list.”

“The Prez is a brave man! I think I like him!” Jinpei makes a snap judgment.

“He would have to be brave, if he’s the President.” Joe states.

“You’ve got to admit, for such a small country to stand up to Galactor, I’d say that’s pretty impressive!” adds Ryu.

“This is Dokoaru’s President.” Nambu tells them, displaying a picture of the man on his monitor.

“Hey, he has a cane!” Jinpei, the eagle-eyed ninja, notes. “Is there something wrong with him?”

“Obviously the President suffers from a nagging leg injury.” I can’t actually see Nambu rolling his eyes, but I can hear it in his tone of voice. “What’s important is that we do everything within our power. They must not fall to Galactor!”

“Got you on that, Doc!” Ken replies. “And we’ll make certain that Dokoaru and its brave President are safe.”

And as Dr. Nambu prays for their success, the Team salutes!

“Roger!”

Cue stock footage of the God Phoenix launching from the Crescent Coral Base. We get the rainbow effect as the ship shoots out of the water.

“We’ll be coming up on Dokoaru any minute.” Ryu reports.

“Groovy. Put it up onscreen, Ryu.” Ken says.

And what do they see? Why, at the airport, people have assembled to greet the Science Ninja Team! And they’re waving Phoenix flags!

“What a great welcome!” Jun is touched. “Do you think all those people are here just to greet us?”

“Most likely. Check out their flags, Jun!” Ken says, pointing.

And sure enough, we can see again that they’re all waving Phoenix flags. Hey, where can I get one?

“Well…” Ken says, smiling.

Then he sees a special, glass-enclosed box with important-looking men inside. How do they look important? They’re in fancy suits and tuxedoes, with medals around their necks.

“Dig it! Even the government elite came to greet us!” Ken notes. “I’m impressed! Ryu, change our landing site.”

“But… don’t you think, after the trouble they made to come greet us, that would be rude?” Ryu asks.

“We don’t’ want what happened in Inderia to happen here too.” Ken replies. “Who knows what Galactor traps might be waiting?” In case you don’t recall, in Inderia, they switched the landing site of the God Phoenix, and it turned out that the runway of the original landing site was booby-trapped with mines.

“You see?” Joe asks in disgust. “All this hoopla just gives Galactor a heads up that we’re here.”

“I see.” Ryu understands.

And now we see that the God Phoenix did indeed find an alternate parking space… under the water. They’re parked on the ocean’s floor!

I’m just wondering if they’re going to use their scuba gear to get to the surface, or all squish into the G4?

“The Science Ninja Team, requested by the President of Dokoaru, did not appear before the people after all,” the narrator explains, “but later, in the President’s residence.”

Now we see a man in a nice suit and a medal. He must be ‘government elite’!

“But what in the world is the meaning of this?” the man asks. “I caught a glimpse of a plane that looked like the God Phoenix, but then it flew off somewhere, and the President has been waiting for quite awhile!”

The man he’s speaking too just screams ‘evil henchman’ by his appearance.

“Mr. Secretary, they’re making fun of our country!” Mr. Evil Henchman states.

“I certainly hope that’s not the case.” the secretary replies. “But is there any way we can contact the Science Ninja Team?” He looks at his watch, as if it might turn into a Science Ninja bracelet.

Is it just me, or is his chin about twice as wide as it needs to be? And that mustache isn’t exactly proclaiming him to be a ‘good guy’ either… I know, perhaps I’m just biased.

“There’s no need for that!” says Ken. Sure enough, the Team is stationed up at the ceiling!

“Where’d you come from?” the Secretary asks.

“Like this country, we’re being targeted by Galactor.” Ken explains. “We must avoid anything that would draw attention. Please forgive us for our tardiness, Mr. Secretary.” Ooh, seems like Ken has been paying attention during his International Diplomacy 101 course!

“That’s very impressive.” the Secretary says with a nasty smile. “I’ve heard rumors about you, but I had no idea you were this cautious.”

“I understand the President is eager to see us.” Ken says.

“Yes, he has been anxious for awhile.” the Secretary admits. He turns to his evil henchman, who is eagerly rubbing his hands in anticipation.

“Now then, please show them to the President’s room.” the Secretary orders.

“Yes, Sir, This way, please!” says Igor.

Now we see the Team walking through the ornate palace.

It would be just fine, except that the ‘creepy’ music is playing. You just know that something’s up!

And sure enough, Jun screams!

A massive chandelier is falling! Everyone jumps out of the way.

“Whoa!” Jinpei yells. He and Ken land on the balustrade above.

But then Ken leaps off, and it breaks!

Jinpei isn’t too happy when he hits the ground.

Now a stone bust comes toppling down toward him!

But of course Jinpei leaps away just in time.

“That was really close! That thing almost squashed me like a pancake!” Jinpei declares.

“My humblest apologies!” Igor says smoothly, in his best ‘evil henchman’ voice. “This is the oldest mansion in Dokoaru, after all, and in need of repair.”

“Why haven’t we reached the President’s room yet, huh?” Ken asks, all International Diplomacy 101 forgotten.

“It’s this way! Please follow.” Igor says.

“Sis, something feels really creepy about this, don’t you think?” Jinpei whispers as Jun passes by.

“What’s the prob, ‘fraidy cat?” Jun asks, as the ADV scriptwriters get high on 70s slang again. She punches Jinpei on the helmet.

Sigh… and here I like to think of the Swan as being intelligent… but she’s clearly not picking up the clues. Didn’t Igor and the ominous music clue her in?

“What’s worse, being here, or with her?” Jinpei grumbles.

“Come along, you big baby! Move it!” Ryu says, and he punches Jinpei’s helmet as well.

Now we’re back to creepy music as everyone ascends the stairs. Jinpei’s picking up that vibe…

Joe looks suspicious too.

And sure enough, a panel in the wall moves slightly, and guns appear, shooting at the Team!

“Watch out!” Ken calls.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 18-05-2010 at 13:42.
No new posts 17-05-2010 04:49 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Then, a massive crucifix shoots laser beams out of its eyes.

Eat your heart out, Giant Lava Jesus!

Of course, everyone leaps away, much to Igor’s dismay.

“What’s going on here?” Ken demands, dropping back down. “Go on, explain yourself!”

“It would seem that you’re just as good as they say, Science Ninja Team!” Igor laughs evilly. “Now it is clear that you are not imposters!”

Ken and Joe don’t look like they’re buying it.

“Galactor is after the President! We have to be as cautious as humanly possible!” Igor finishes.

“Cautious isn’t the word, Mister!” Jun lectures. “With this kind of equipment, even Galactor would find it next to impossible to break in!”

But Igor just chuckles heartily.

“This is really just the beginning!” he laughs. “Now then, this way, if you please. The President is anxiously awaiting to receive you!”

And he leads them into a room.

“Mr. President, Sir! I have brought the members of the Science Ninja Team to see you!” Igor announces them.

“Very good, thank you.” the President says. He’s looking out the window, and not at the Team.

“Excuse me.” Igor departs. Now that his clear evilness has left the room, the President turns to greet the Team.

“Welcome, everyone. And I apologize for the tests that I’ve put you through.” the President says. Jun is utterly charmed.

“We’re honored to meet you.” she says, bowing her head. Gullible, thy name is Jun…

“I sent people to greet you at the airport, but you never came, so I was worried something had happened “ the President says. “Now please, make yourself at home. You must be tired.”

“It might be a little tight for all five of you, though.” he says, as everyone sits on the same couch.

“Now that I’ve gotten this old, I’m a bit jealous of healthy, young people, like yourselves.” the President says. Ken doesn’t seem impressed by this.

“Please, have some of our country’s famous coffee!” Igor says, suddenly appearing with a tray.

“My, it smells so good!” says Jun, the gullible one.

“Do relax, and enjoy it!” Igor bows, before heading out.

“Please, help yourselves. We can review the course of events thus far over our beverages.” the President invites them to drink.

“Today has been nothing but surprises, and it’s made me thirsty, so thank you!” Jinpei says, leaning back to drink.

But Ken knocks the cup from his hand.

The President, Jun and Ryu appear to be surprised, not to mention Jinpei! Joe looks like he expected this all along. Go, suspicious Condor!

“What’s the big idea, Big Bro?” Jinpei demands.

“Take a look.” Ken tells him.

Sure enough, the spilled coffee is eating away at the floor.

“The carpet’s changing color!” Jun notes.

“For the carpet to change color that much, I’d have to say there’s some mighty powerful in this cup!” Ken throws the cup at the President.

“Wait just a minute! I don’t know anything about this!” the President tries to explain. “There must be some mistake! I swear to you!”

“Ken, it’s possible someone put the poison in the coffee without the President knowing about it.” Jun says.

“She’s right! It might even be a trap for the President!” Ryu adds.

“That’s exactly right! This has to be Galactor’s doing!” the President quickly agrees. “They’ll stop at nothing!”

“I’m sure you would know.” Ken says. “You’d know just what cheap tricks they’d attempt!”

He pulls out his boomerang and throws it.

“Galactor!” he shouts.

The boomerang slices across the President’s forehead before returning to Ken.

“All right, show us who you are under that mask!” Ken growls.

And sure enough, half of the President’s face falls away. It hits the floor. This time, even Joe is surprised!

And the President is revealed to be… a Blackbird!

“It’s a Blackbird!” Jun screams, in case you didn’t recognize the mask.

“I should have known you’d see through it, Gatchaman.” the Blackbird says, now using a smarmy French accent. “Excellent work. Might I ask how you were able to figure it out?”

“The President’s left leg is bad, so he should carry his cane in his left hand.” Ken explains.

“How foolish of me.” he Blackbird laughs evilly. “And? Is there more to tell?”

“The President was afraid of Galactor.” Ken says. “It’s unthinkable that he would have given us such a blatant welcome if he was asking for our help.” Ooh, I don’t like how Ken’s using the word ‘was’ in regards to the President, but at this point it seems likely.

“He would have greeted us in secret.” Ken finishes.

“No wonder you’ve been nothing but torment for my Galactor comrades.” the Blackbird says. “Your powers of perception are amazing. But it’s too late now. You won’t be able to take one step out of this mansion, because it’s riddled with traps!”

He throws off his jacket in a very Berg Katse manner, throwing it away to reveal….

Well, nothing. He throws the jacket over Ken’s head.

By the time everyone looks up, now it’s the Blackbird standing up near the ceiling.

“Sorry, Gatchaman, but I’ve already put the real President to rest.” the Blackbird explains.

“What?” Ken yells angrily.

“The President installed these traps, because he was afraid of us breaking in.” the Blackbird explains. “But he’s given us something that will be most useful for killing you!”

He raises the cane (yes, he’s still holding it) and we can see a hole at the end. Bullets come out, and the Team goes flying.

Ken is surprised as a spear comes out of a painting!

A suit of armor throws a sword at Jinpei and Ryu.

Blackbirds appear everywhere!

“Today’s the day we wipe out the Science Ninja Team!” Frenchy Blackbird shouts.

But Ken begs to differ.

“Bird Run!”

His boomerang hits a couple of Blackbirds standing near the ceiling. They fly down, shooting their guns.

But Jun is ready.

The detonation of her yo-yo strike sends them flying.

Another Blackbird tries to land on Ken.

Ryu goes after confused Blackbirds.

Jun leaps up to meet another Blackbird.

Then she lands on two more, kicking them down.

Jinpei whirls his bolas.

He bashes the Blackbird in the head with them.

Another Blackbird shoots, but Joe is ready.

The shurikened Blackbird’s gunfire hits other Blackbirds.

No new posts 17-05-2010 04:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ryu has his hands full.

He throws them off, and they land everywhere. One even lands in the fireplace!

Jinpei does his usual ‘backflip over bullets’ thing, then finds an open door.

“Hey, we can get out!” he calls.

Everyone comes running.

“Let’s get out of here!” Ken shouts. He’s so freaked out, his cowl has gone white.

But once they’re through the door, they see that this isn’t the exit.

It’s a weird room with a giant star on the floor and orange walls…

Giant spears shoot out.

But they all leap away, up to the ceiling, only to find more spears up there!

When they head back to the floor, spears come up from the floor!

So Ken throws some mini-bombs.

And the ninjas land in the debris of broken spears.

Now the orange walls start rotating.

“Be careful, everyone! We don’t know what might come flying out at us!” Ken reminds them.

“Wha..? Uh oh… What do I do? I’m getting really dizzy…” Ryu moans.

“Just close your eyes and don’t look at it, stupid” Jinpei snaps.

“Damn it!” Ken swears, as four walls come dropping down from the ceiling to enclose them. Jinpei and Ryu start banging at the walls.

And Jun screams again (What is it, the fifth time this episode? I’ve lost count…). Gas is coming into the enclosure.

“It’s poison gas! Ken!” she cries.

Jinpei and Ryu look like they’re about to vomit.

But of course, Ken, who has figured out every trick so far, has his mouth wise open.

“Oh no! There’s no time to…” He checks his bracelet, then passes out awfully quickly…

“What?” we cut to Berg Katse. “Did you say you’ve caught Gatchaman?”

“Yes, Sire! Even the great Gatchaman can’t stand up to fearless Blackbirds!” Frenchy Blackbird smirks over a communications monitor.

“Yes, well done! I’m very impressed!” Katse replies.

“They may be the Gatchaman Team, but they’re still just a bunch of kids who fell right into my trap!” he thinks to himself. “And thanks to that, my troops should be carrying off Dokoaru’s treasures even now!”

Sure enough, we see a line of trucks leaving a warehouse. Each truck bears a Galactor devil logo.

“Go and finish off the Science Ninja Team!” Katse orders.

“With all due respect, Lord Katse, that gas is giving them a deliciously torturous taste of the suffering of Hell.” Frenchy Blackbird protests. “If we leave them alone, it will only be a matter of time before they are finished.” Why does this sound like a bad idea for Galactor?

“It’s that kind of overconfidence that’s led to mistakes!” Katse agrees with me, ranting at Frenchy Blackbird. “Go!”

“Sire…” Frenchy Blackbird bows.

So the gas turns off and the Blackbirds enter the enclosure. The Team is out.

Thanks to Sosai Tim for the big picture!

Um… what is Jun doing to Joe?

”Look at how pathetic these once great heroes look now in their miserable defeat!” Frenchy Blackbird laughs.

“Aim…”

Commercial Break! I wonder if Solid Gold Ken comes from Dokoaru’s treasure mines.

When we return, Frenchy Blackbird clearly hasn’t finished his command yet, as his men are still just standing there aiming.

“Fire!” And the guns start blazing.

But when the haze clears…

“Looks like they’re gone!” yells a Blackbird. And he looks up to see…

“They don’t make gas like they used to!” Frenchy Blackbird rants.

“Just a little bit longer, and you would have had us.” Ken admits. “But opening the door saved our lives. Thanks a lot, smart guy.”

“Get them!” is Frenchy’s reply.

Hey, which one of these Blackbirds is Igor? Just wondering, is all…

Everyone leaps into the air again!

And now it’s a mid-air fight!

Ken grabs a flying Blackbird and rides him all the way down to the floor, using the Galactor to cushion his landing.

Let the yaoi fans work with that one!

Frenchy pulls a pistol.

But Ken throws mini-bombs. Frenchy jumps away before they explode. However the explosion does create a hole in the wall, leading to the outside.

Everyone runs out.

“Let’s get out of here!” Ken calls. Yeah, Ken, they were already doing that.

“After them!” Frenchy yells

But the Team are leaping downward through the sky…

Hey, is Jinpei’s tail always that long?

Everyone lands in a jeep conveniently parked outside. They drive off as the Blackbirds begin firing. Joe is driving, of course.

“Hey, stop right there!” some outdoor guards yell. As if there was really a chance…

Jinpei spots a Blackbird helicopter in the air.

“Aah! They’re after us!” he shouts.

“It’s all you, now!” Jun encourages the Condor.

“No sweat! I’m not a racecar driver for nothing!” is Joe’s calm response.

The helicopter begins shooting at them.

“Step on it!” Ken orders. “If we can make it to the city, we’ll be all right.”

“Okay.” Joe agrees.

But a Blackbird in the helicopter throws out a grenade.

And suddenly Ken’s orders are abandoned, as Joe stops the car and everyone leaps out!

“Scatter!” Ken calls, as the jeep explodes. But no one obeys. They’re all following Ken.

“Damn it! They’ve escaped into the city!” the chopper pilot swears.

“They might think they’ve gotten away, but it’s not going to be that easy for them!” Frenchy declares. He picks up a mic.

“This is the Captain of the Blackbirds.” he transmits. “Proceed as planned, and set the brainwashing waves at maximum power!”

“Yes, Sir!” replies the Blacbird at the other end of the transmission. He pushes a lever. Strange waves pass over the entire city. They make Ken’s head hurt.

No one else likes it either.

“It’s piercing my skull!” Jun moans.

“Activate your jamming devices!” Ken orders.

We hear some weird bleeping noises, and the waves seem to disappear. Everyone is okay now.

“Man, that hurt! My head’s still pounding!” Jinpei groans.

“I wonder what kind of waves those were…” Jun says.

“Wait!” Ken says. “Sounds like… someone’s coming!”

No new posts 17-05-2010 04:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

And sure enough, it’s the army of the dead! Well, I guess technically they’re not dead, but they’re making those weird ‘zombie’ noises. The brainwashed citizens are after the Science Ninja Team!

And the Science Ninja Team doesn’t know what to do!

“Ken, something’s wrong with them!” Jun says. I guess she has gone from being the gullible one to the one who simply states the obvious.

“Their eyes… they’re all crazy!” Joe declares.

“Wait! What’s wrong with you/” Ken calls to the people. “We’re the Science Ninja Team, and we came to protect your country from Galactor!”

Talk to the hand, people.

But everyone starts throwing sticks and stones. Yep, literally.

These citizens seem to have an endless supply of sticks and stones.

“Hey!” Ryu calls. “We’re on your side, cut it out!”

“Stop throwing all that!” Jinpei shouts.

Then Ryu gets bonked in the face with a large pot.

“All right…” Joe snarls.

“Wait!” Ken holds him back. “Let’s stay calm, Joe. Just get away for now. Okay?”

But someone starts shooting a gun.

Everyone flies up to some construction platforms overhead.

They use these building under construction to get away from the mob.

But the mob has found them again.

“They followed!” Ken is surprised.

“They’re behind us too, Ken!” Jun says.

“It’s no use trying to get away! With that kind of determination they’ll follow us no matter where we run!” says Jun, the eternal optimist.

But there’s a manhole cover at Ken’s feet, and it opens. A hand reaches out and grabs Ken’s ankle… He gasps!

It’s a little kid! And he doesn’t appear to be brainwashed!

“Come on!” he calls. “You can get away through here, hurry!”

“All right. Thanks.” Ken says, leaping down through the hole.

Um, where’s the kid in that shot?

Joe goes last, and closes the cover behind him.

“I’ll give them a little scare.” he smirks.

Outside the manhole cover, the mob is crowding around. But an explosion comes from one side of it! Joe is using his blowtorch to seal the cover.

Now the Team is in the sewer system with the boy.

“So we were too late in spite of everything. The city’s already fallen into Galactor’s evil clutches.” Ken says sadly.

“In other words, we were all completely fooled.” Jun adds. But the little boy is tugging on Ken’s wings.

“Since you’re superheroes, you’ll make my Mama and Papa turn back into the nice people they were before, won’t you?” he asks.

“If all of the rest of the people in this city have gone mad, why isn’t he affected?” Joe wants to know.

“Do you always play down here in the drains, little boy?” Jun asks.

“Yeah!” the kid grins. “It’s my secret place!”

“It all makes sense!” Ken declares, revealing all to the others. “Those waves we felt up top were brainwashing waves, and they’ve caused everyone in this country to go out of their minds!”

“And since the waves couldn’t reach underground, of course anyone down here would be safe!” Joe concludes.

“Where could they be sending those waves from?” Jun wonders.

“To send out such a powerful signal, it would probably have to be the central radio station.” Ken surmises. “I’m guessing that must be their home base. We’ll sneak inside and surprise attack. I think this tunnel should pass right beneath the station.”

“Don’t you worry, little pal!” Ken says to the boy. “We’ll get your Mama and Papa back to normal right away!”

“Really?” the boy gasps with delight.

“Yes, really.” Ken confirms. “So stay here and hide, okay?”

“Okay! Then let’s pinky swear on it, Mister! Promise?”

“Right on, kid!” Ken agrees, holding up his pinky.

“So cross your heart and hope to die and stick a needle in your eye!” the boy grins.

Jun finds this gruesome rhyme quite touching.

And now, it’s night. A Blackbird guard walks around the radio station. But he doesn’t notice a manhole cover opening behind him!

But Ken steps on a twig, and the snap alerts the guard. He sees the open cover.

“That’s strange!” he says to himself. “I don’t remember that being open just a minute ago!” He approaches the hole, and Jinpei starts freaking out.

“Oh no! He found us! Hurry up and hide!” he urges Ryu.

“Pushing ain’t helping!” Ryu mutters.

“Very strange.” the Blackbird notes when he doesn’t see anything. But a drop of water falls onto Jinpei’s shoulder, and he cries out.

“Hey, who’s down there?” the guard demands.

But it’s someone ‘up there’ who answers.

“Come on, hurry it up!” Ken calls.

Boy, this is one massive radio station!

“Those Gatchaman brats!” Frenchy is smirking inside the station. “Thanks to those brainwashing waves, right about now they’re probably getting a good thrashing from the townspeople.”

“Haven’t you been able to find the location where they hid the God Phoenix yet?” Frenchy demands of his men.

“No, Sir, I need just a little more time.” one of the Blackbirds responds. He’s checking out some monitors, and sure enough, one of them shows and underwater image.

“Hurry up and find it, and then smash it to pieces!” Frenchy orders. “We have the Science Ninja Team completely trapped like rats!”

“You’re the only rats in this maze!” Ken’s voice calls. Frenchy turns around in surprise.

“It’s Gatchaman! Fire!” shout the Blackbirds.

But Joe isn’t having any of that.

And now we see reused footage from earlier this episode of the Team fighting the Blackbirds. They’ve just put it to a different background.

But they put in some new stuff too.

A Blackbird points his gun in Jinpei’s face, only to (literally) have his butt kicked by Ryu.

Everyone gets in on the act!

Frenchy orders all of the Blackbirds to fire.

“Right here…” Ken thinks to himself, as he backs up against a wall full of equipment.

Ken throws more minibombs. Boy, he sure has a lot of those in his pouch! What is this, the third time this episode?

But this time his target is the radio broadcasting equipment. Shrapnel flies at Frenchy.

No new posts 17-05-2010 04:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“They destroyed the brainwashing device!” Frenchy shouts.

And the Team just stands there smugly.

“What’s wrong, Blackbird?” Ken taunts Frenchy. “Now that we’ve trashed your brainwashing device, you scared all of a sudden?”

But no! Berg Katse’s image appears on the screen behind them.

“Good work, members of the Science Ninja Team!” he congratulates them. “While you were all fighting Blackbirds, Galactor safely grabbed all of Dokoaru’s gold! And silver, and diamonds…”

Ken’s not happy to hear this.

“Looks like you tricked us again, Katse!” Ken snarls.

“I have no use for this country anymore!” Katse smirks. “And since I predicted that you would destroy the brainwashing device, I rigged it with a time bomb which is set to blow up the entire base!”

“But Lord Katse!” Frenchy interrupts weakly. “What about us?”

“Oh, you’ve proved most useful!” Katse replies. “And now your mission’s over.” The transmission ends.

“Let’s get out of here!” the Blackbirds scream.

They run, and Jun throws her yo-yo.

“Not so fast!” she cries.

Her yo-yo detonates the doorway over the exit.

The Blackbirds don’t make it. Needless to say, the Science Ninja Team does. Ken breaks through a glass panel in the ceiling.

Then there’s a mad dash.

“Come on, Ryu!” Ken needles the Owl.

We briefly see a timer on TNT before the radio station explodes. More Blackbirds die in this explosion.

But Ken crawls out of the rubble.

“Hey, are all of you guys all right?” he asks.

“Yeah…” Jinpei groans.

“Over here!” Jun calls. “I think we’re all okay.”

Ryu digs himself out.

“Damn Galactor bastards, always blowing things up!” he complains. Of course, it’s not like the Science Ninja Team has ever blown anything up. Noooo…..

“That was really close. I’m sure glad everyone’s all right.” Ken says.

“Damn it!” Joe swears. “We let that rat-eared clown get the best of us at every turn, this time around!”

“Katse sucks!” Jinpei screams, doing his best Khan impersonation as the radio station explodes again.

“I wonder if that little boy was able to find his mother.” Jun says.

“Probably.” Ken replies, bowing his head. “I guess that all we can do for the people of Dokoaru at this point is try and get their lives and city back to normal.”

And now we see the little boy running through the city to his parents.

“Mama! Mama!” he calls.

“My little boy!” she says, hugging him. “Oh, thank God! I didn’t know where you went, Davy! I was so worried!” Ooh, at the last second the little boy gets a name!

“That man from the Science Ninja Team turned you back to normal again.” Davy tells his mother. “He kept his promise, just like he said!”

“What do you mean, the man from the Science Ninja Team?” his mother asks.

“That must be them up there! The Science Ninja Team!” Davy cries, pointing. And sure enough, the God Phoenix is flying above the city.

“Thanks, guys from the Science Ninja Team!” Dave calls after the departing ship. “Thank you!”

But this time, there is no happy shupa trumpet music, or fly off into the sunset. Instead, the God Phoenix is departing in the dark clouds of night.

For the Science Ninja Team, it is their first frustrating defeat. But as the five of them leave Dokoaru, if there is one thing that eases their sadness, it’s the glimmer in the round eyes of the little boy reunited and held tight in the arms of this mother.

I guess we’re to assume that they saw this on their monitors, then?

In any case, the episode fades as Ken has a scowl on his face.

No new posts 17-05-2010 04:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

BOTP Episode 58 – the Duplicate King

Down here at Center Neptune, hidden many fathoms beneath the sea (ignore the sunlight you see streaming down through those fathoms) Zark keeps a constant watch on the entire universe. But an awful lot of his time is taken up keeping an eye on that evil Planet Spectra.

“That’s the trouble with Spectra!” Zark says, as he paces across the floor. “They have a terrible case of ubiquity!” And in case you didn’t know what ‘ubiquity’ meant, Zark is going to explain it to you in such a condescending way that you’ll feel incredibly stupid for not knowing it.

“That’s a big word.” Zark says, as if he were on some PBS special. “But it’s not a communicable disease! It just means that they’re everywhere!” And since Zark is being such a hoity-toity ass about this…

Yep, it’s Zark’s ass. Enjoy. Puke2

“Sometimes it seems that they’re several places at once!” Zark goes on, unaware that I’m alternately laughing and barfing at his ass. “And I’ve always got to keep my guard up against them! They can pop up anywhere!”

And suddenly, 1-Rover-1 appears on the floor next to him. Zark takes off and flies over to his control panel.

“As of this very minute, they’ve launched missiles and space ships to several of our friendly alliance planets.” Zark reveals. Wait a minute… if all this was going on, why wasn’t Zark monitoring the situation or contacting Chief Anderson or G-Force? Why was he giving us a vocabulary lesson instead?

“And they’re sending something down here to Earth!” Zark adds, trying futilely to add an ominous sense of foreboding. We see a picture of Saturn on Zark’s monitor.

“I don’t know what they want on Planet Saturn, but it’s nothing good, you can be sure!” Zark says triumphantly. Now we see a shot of stars in space.

“They’re aiming something at Bernard’s Nebulae.” Zark explains. “And I really don’t know of anything there. It’s a black hole! But the one I’m most concerned about is this one approaching Earth!” Because remember, kiddies, G-Force defends the entire Federation, but Earth is the most important planet in the galaxy!

“My sensors advise me that it’s due to land in the Kingdom of Beldania.” Zark informs us. “I’d better contact Security and G-Force at once!”

And where is G-Force? Why, in their Ready Room, of course! Zark contacts them.

“Attention, G-Force, we have an emergency alert! Sorry to interrupt your recreation, Team, but Spectra has launched a UFO, which has landed in the kingdom of Beldania! Meet with Security Chief Anderson at once for briefing!”

“The kingdom of Beldania?” asks Mark. Notice how his number 1 isn’t hollowed out?

“What in the world could Spectra want there?” asks a sleepy-eyed, pointy bra-wearing Princess.

“The Chief will fill you in! Hurry!” Zark urges.

Everyone turns…

They salute with a cry of ‘G-Force!’ and the floor beneath them drops away, to whisk them to Chief Anderson’s office!

“That was a very good question.” Zark admits. “And I really didn’t have an answer. Why Beldania? It’s such a tiny, old world country! Why would Spectra be bothering with Beldania?”

We cut to Chief Anderson, pointing to the country of Beldania on a map, and he explains.

“It’s terribly rich.” he says. The royal jewel collection rivals anything on Planet Zyr or even Riga! We know Zoltar’s had his eye on it for some time. Now Zark has verified they’ve landed.”

“What would you like us to do?” Princess asks. “Guard the royal jewels?”

“Yes.” Anderson confirms. “The King has always been loyal to us, and so have his people.” Wait a minute. The King has always been loyal to whom? Earth? Galaxy Security? Aren’t all countries on Earth loyal to these things? What am I missing here?

“I want you also to protect him, if he’s still alive.” the Chief adds.

“If he isn’t?” Keyop smirks. It seems an odd facial expression for that question.

“That’s a great sense of humor you’ve got there.” Jason says sarcastically.

“Listen who’s talking about a sense of humor! The great Stone-Face!” Tiny needles Jason.

“The King is 92.” Anderson says, turning on the monitor to display an image and ignoring the peanut gallery. “But you’d never know it.” I agree. The King looks old, but hardly 92. Maybe in his late 60s?

“Only looks 90!” Keyop burbles.

“Of course you couldn’t call him spry,” Anderson continues, as we see images of the King walking slowly with a cane, “but let me tell you, when I’m his age, I hope I do as well. He says he owes it all to being a vegetarian!” Ooh, no more Spaceburgers for you, Chief!

“If it’s his jewels they want, wouldn’t Zoltar make him the primary target?” Mark asks.

“Maybe you can still stop him.” the Chief replies.

“G-Force!”

And now the Phoenix is flying off through the skies. No shots of outer space today (we already saw that on Zark’s monitors anyhow) since we’re staying on Earth!

“Kingdom of Beldania, coming up!” Tiny announces.

“Now for cold formalities.” Mark says.

“Look at that!” Jason gasps, as he sees the people waving Phoenix flags on the monitor.

“They certainly are friendly!” Princess remarks. “Nothing cold about that welcoming committee.”

“Well if that’s the kind of warm greeting they’re going to give us, let’s go!” Mark smiles, but then he pauses. “Wait!” The monitor shows a number of men in tuxedoes and medals, in a closed box.

“That’s a bunch of Spectra goons if I ever saw any!” Mark declares. “And I’ve seen plenty! How can we avoid the ‘welcome’?”

“We could circle an hour or two.” Tiny suggests. “Maybe they’ll all go away!”

“They shouldn’t have even known we were coming!” Mark realizes. “I don’t know how it leaked, but I don’t like it!”

“The Phoenix is amphibious. Why don’t we dive into the water and ‘amphib’?” Jason suggests.

“Big 10!” Tiny agrees, without waiting for Mark’s approval.

And now, as we see scenes of life underwater, we hear Zark voicing over.

“Well, G-Force is underwater, where their welcoming committee is just as fishy, but a lot more attractive than the one that was waiting at the airport!” Zark reminds us. “They’re out of Spectra’s sight, beneath one of the most beautiful harbors in the entire universe! The flag means the King’s in residence, so he must still be alive!”

Now we see a man in a tuxedo and a medal, with a chin that’s far too wide.

“I don’t understand why G-Force failed to land.” the man says. “They could hardly have asked for a friendlier reception. If they do arrive, can we make them at home, Frankfurter?” Yep, you guessed it! The evil-looking henchman’s name is Frankfurter!

“Oh yes, Sir, the red carpet is out!” Frankfurter replies in a moderately evil voice. It’s not nearly so evil as his ADV Gatch counterpart, though.

“There’s little chance we’ll see them any more tonight.” Medal Man says. “I’m just astonished they sent no message!” He checks his watch.

“I apologize for our rudeness.” Mark’s voice says. Sure enough, the G-Force Team is standing up at the ceiling!

“Welcome…” Medal Man replies, but his voice doesn’t sound the least surprised, even when the Team jumps down to the floor.

“We weren’t really prepared for an airport reception, so we decided on informality, rather than stiff protocol.” Mark explains.

“As long as you’re safe.” Medal Man smirks. “I only regret that his Majesty was inconvenienced by the delay.”

“Is it possible to see him now?” Mark asks.

“He said he would revise his schedule for you.” Medal Man admits, turning to Frankfurter. “Take them to the King’s quarters!”

“Please, to follow me.” Frankfurter shows the way out.

The Team is walking down the hallway when Princess suddenly screams! A chandelier is falling on them! Everyone jumps out of the way. Mark and Keyop land on a balustrade, but it breaks when Mark jumps off again, sending Keyop tumbling to the floor. A stone bust comes crashing down toward him, and Keyop barely escapes again!

“Maybe termites!” Keyop burbles, hiding behind Mark. “Big ones!”

“You don’t understand!” Frankfurter says. “The palace is very old. Old things tend to grow feeble and break.”

“Yeah, well see if you can make them break on other people!” Mark retorts angrily.

“Please, to follow me.” is Frankfurters’ response.

Everyone walks up the stairs, looking nervous or suspicious. And they should be! A panel moves, and guns come out of holes in the wall! They start shooting at the Team. Everyone jumps out of the way again.

“Those things weren’t a bit old or feeble!” Mark accuses Frankfurter. “Now, get us to the King, fast!” Everyone glares at Frankfurter.

After an early commercial break, we see a door sliding open to admit the G-Force Team and Frankfurter to a room. Inside is the King!

No new posts 17-05-2010 04:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“Your Majesty, may I present G-Force, of Intergalactic Security!” Frankfurter introduces them.

“Good of you, Frankfurter, thank you!” the King responds.

“Yes, Sire.” Frankfurter bows and departs.

“I can’t tell you how please I am to meet you!” the King says, turning to greet the Team. “You’re… you’re legendary!”

“You’re too kind!” Princess is charmed.

“If it were not for you people, who knows how far Spectra would have gone by now to destroy our way of life?” the King wonders. “I may be the last monarch on Earth, but at least, there is one of us left.” As he’s talking everyone sits down on a nearby couch. Rather rude, since they weren’t invited to sit!

“Now if you would be kind enough to join me in a cup of beef tea, my favorite beverage!” the King says. Dun dun dun… did you catch it?

“Nothing more refreshing than beef tea.” Frankfurter says, bringing in the cups and passing them out.

“Oh, smells super!” says gullible Princess.

“Enjoy your refreshment.” Frankfurter says, before leaving.

“Don’t wait for me! I like mine to cool to room temperature.” the King explains.

“Mmmm…” Keyop burbles. “Never tried this.” He lifts the cup to his mouth, only to have Mark smack it away. The cup breaks on the floor.

“What goes?” Keyop asks, standing up.

“It’s poison!” Mark explains. Sure enough, the ‘tea’ starts eating away at the rug.

“Look at the rug!” Princess exclaims.

“And think of your stomach.” Mark adds. “Now, if you’ll join me in a cup of poison, your Highness!” He throws the cup at the King, barely missing.

“Have you lost your mind?” the King gasps. “You’re addressing the last reigning monarch in all the world!”

“You’re a vegetarian!” Mark accuses. “Vegetarians don’t touch beef! Or beef tea!” He takes out his boomerang and throws it at the ‘King’, hitting him in the face.

“Now, let’s see who you really are.” Mark says. Sure enough, the man’s ‘face’ falls off. Princess gasps in surprise. Everyone else looks shocked too.

Why, it’s a Blackbird!

“An imposter!” Princess shouts.

“My name is Ganar!” the Blackbird replies. “I don’t know why I bothered to tell you. We won’t be knowing each other that long! Taking over King Sonon’s palace is just part of our mission… which you won’t be around to witness!” He takes off his jacket and throws it over Mark’s head.

The team gasps, and next thing you know, they’re looking up to see Ganar in full Blackbird uniform!

“You’re supposed to know how to fight!” he taunts G-Force. “Well, get ready to remember every trick you ever learned! Because the fight you’re about to get into is going to make you think you’re still in Kindergarten!”

Suddenly, lots of Blackbirds appear around the room.

“All right, men, take them!” Ganar calls out. Mark throws his boomerang, and two Blackbirds leap away. Princess throws her yo-yo, but we don’t see what happens with it. Suddenly, four Blackbirds are on top of Tiny, but he throws them off. Keyop backs against a door, and realizes that it’s open.

“Broot… way out!” he calls. Everyone on the Team goes running through the exit.

But of course, it’s not an exit. Now they’re in a weird room with a giant yellow star on the floor and orange walls. And yes, Princess gasps again.

Spears come out of the walls, ceiling and floor, chasing G-Force as they try to get away. But Mark throws mini-bombs at some of them, clearing a space to land. Suddenly, the walls start spinning.

“This whole palace is one big booby trap!” Mark announces, in case you haven’t figured this out already for yourself.

“Am I going around, or what?” Tiny asks, looking dizzy.

“Doot doot… the walls, Dum-Dum!” Keyop smirks.

And speaking of walls… they drop down from the ceiling, enclosing the Team. Tiny and Keyop immediately start banging on them.

“Let me out!” Keyop cries.

“Oh!” Princess cries. “Now they’re using gas!” Sure enough, it’s pouring in, and everyone’s covering their mouths except Mark.

“I hope it’s laughing gas!” Tiny says from behind his hands.

“It’s bad…” Mark says, raising his communicator. “Calling Center Neptune!” But he passes out before he can finish his message.

“What’s the status of G-Force?” Zoltar asks, speaking with Ganar via communications monitor.

“By now, G-Force is dreaming sweet dreams, I assume.” Ganar replies. Ah, so it’s sleeping gas. They would never want to kill the G-Force Team.

“Now, I can take my next step!” Zoltar says.

“Ah, the jewels! With them in our hands, we can finance the conquest of the universe!” he thinks to himself.

“How long would you say they’ll be out of it?” Zoltar asks Ganar. Um… as long as they keep giving them the gas? Could be a long time, I’d think.

“It’s hard to say.” Ganar reveals. “The chemical we used works differently on different people. We’d have had to take blood samples in advance, which I doubt they would have permitted.”

“Permitted? I want them out of the way permanently!” Zoltar reveals. Ooh… kill the G-Force Team? How menacing!

“Yes, Sir!” Ganar bows, and the next thing you know, Blackbirds with guns are standing next to one of the retractable walls. It opens and we see the Team passed out on the floor.

“Well, G-Force, you’re finished!” Ganar gloats. “You finally came up against someone you couldn’t handle!”

“I’ve tried and tried to contact Mark!” Zark says, via voiceover, as we see Mark’s sleeping face. “And I know he’ll respond! I’ll try another frequency.”

Commercial break!

When we return, Zark and Rover are on duty at Center Neptune.

“I’ve just got to get through to G-Force somehow, and find out what happened!” Zark says. Ooh, doesn’t like being left out of the loop, does he? Awwww…. Devil1

But Sexy Susan has come a’calling!

“Center Neptune Control!” Zark answers.

“Hi, Zark.” Susan greets him huskily. “This is Susan out on Planet Pluto, with the Early Warning System. I just wanted…”

“Oh, Susan!” Zark giggles, interrupting her. “But I’m expecting more important… I mean, I was hoping this was… I mean… Can I call you back?”

“Oh, certainly.” Susan replies, sounding disappointed. “I’m sorry I interrupted.” She sounds almost hurt.

1-Rover-1 barks reprovingly. Okay, I can’t actually tell if it’s reprovingly or not, but I’m using poetic license here, okay?

“I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings, 1-Rover-1.” Zark tries to explain. “And I’d call her right back if I didn’t have to keep the line open! You know how worried I am for some news of G-Force!” Ah, yes, Zark sacrifices his afternoon phone sex for G-Force’s welfare. What a hero!

Doesn’t he have call waiting?

“Wait a minute!” Zark realizes. “I didn’t give her a chance to tell me why she was calling! Maybe she had some news about G-Force and I cut her off! Susan shouldn’t let me cut her off like that. She should force me to listen!” Zark reassigns the blame pretty easily, doesn’t he?

“Maybe it was 90% my fault, but 10% was hers!” Zark justifies his actions some more.

“Ooh, what is happening in Beldania?” Zark asks, changing the subject and finally getting back to the main plotline.

Well, the Blackbirds are shooting, but even as they are, Ganar is angry.

“What happened to G-Force?” he wants to know.

“Vanished!” says a Blackbird. He looks up to see Mark and Jason coming at him. And suddenly G-Force are on the ground!

“Your crude devices won’t work against our Cerebonic powers!” Mark declares. “You’re dealing with G-Force!”

“Get them!” is Ganar’s response, and it’s time for the big fight scene!

Or perhaps not. The Team leaps into the air and Mark throws mini-bombs at the wall, making an escape hole.

“This way out!” he calls.

Everyone jumps out the hole and down to the ground, where they land in a jeep. The Blackbirds are shooting at them, but to no avail.

The jeep takes off, and so does a helicopter in pursuit!

“Up high!” Keyop burbles.

“Pour it on, Jase!” Princess cries.

“I doubt we can lose him anyway.” Jason says pessimistically. I think I prefer Joe’s cocky comment about how he was a racecar driver.

“They didn’t build these things to outrun rayshots!” Jason mutters, as the helicopter catches up.

“Prepare to bail out!” Mark instructs everyone. And just in time, a Blackbird leans out of the helicopter and throws a grenade at the jeep. Everyone gets out just in time, before the vehicle explodes. The Team runs into a nearby park.

“They have scattered into the woods!” the Blackbird helicopter pilot says.

“Okay, but whatever they do won’t do them any good.” Ganar replies. “Communications Control? Ganar! Activate the Radiotronic Disorientation Module!”

“Yes, Sir!” replies Communications Control, and the Blackbird there pushes a lever.

Waves come out and wash over the city.

“What are they doing to us?” Princess moans, holding her head. There’s a sound like a baby crying… I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be Keyop or not.

“I think it’s slowing down.” Mark says. Sure enough, the waves dissipate, but there are weird ‘bleeping’ noises in the background. (In Gatch this was the sound of the Team turning on their jamming signals.)

“Electronic massage!” Keyop burbles, rubbing his head.

“My brain feels washed!” Princess declares. Ouch…

“I’m afraid you’re not alone!” Mark tells her, as he sees crowds of angry people approaching. The G-Force Team is surrounded by the mob!

“They look menacing.” Princess notes.

“Those sound waves brainwashed them.” Jason deduces.

No new posts 17-05-2010 04:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“Some of you were among the crowds who were ready to greet us at the airport!” Mark calls out, holding up his hand. “We come in peace!”

But the mob’s response is to throw sticks and stones. The Team jumps up and onto a construction platform, then runs through buildings under construction to get away, before dropping back to the street again.

But the mob has found them!

I’m noticing that the shot of the angry mob cuts off just before you can see that one of the men is aiming a gun at the Team.

“They’re quick.” Mark observes.

“How can we stop them?” Princess asks in her best ‘helpless female’ voice. “I guess with a mob, the worst thing to do is show fear. How do I look?” Doh2

A manhole cover at Marks feet opens up and a hand grabs his ankle. A boy pops out.

“Hey, Mister, want to cool off?” the boy asks. And gee, he sounds just like a very high-pitched Princess.

“Right on!” Mark says, jumping into the hole. Everyone else follows. Jason is last, and he closes the cover behind him.

“Don’t get nosy!” he says, welding it shut with his blowtorch.

Down in the sewers…

“They know where we are!” Mark says. “It’s only a question of how long it’ll take them to get down here.”

“Maybe the brainwash will wear off soon.” Princess hopes.

“I couldn’t get home to my Mommy and Daddy,” the boy says, tugging on Mark’s wings, “so I hid here! But I miss them.”

“Maybe if he’s been down here long enough, he knows how we can get out!” Jason suggests. Good idea, Jason, except… wasn’t that brainwave thing only a couple of minutes ago? How long has this kid had to explore?

“We’re trying to get away from those bad men outside.” Mark tells the boy, ignoring the fact that many of them were women too. “Can you help us?”

“What’s your name?” the boy asks.

“I’m Mark, these are my friends.”

“I’m Joe! Could I be your friend too?” he holds out his pinky.

“Of course.” Mark says, holding up his own pinky and then pinky swearing with Joe.

“Now we’re friends, and I’ll show you how to get out of here and take your friends with you!” Joe says. Princess looks on, a bemused expression on her face.

Now it’s night, and we see some buildings and transmission towers. A Blackbird with a gun is on patrol. Behind him, a panel opens and Mark gets out, dashing across an open area. But he steps on a twig and the Blackbird turns around.

“I could have sworn it was closed, last time I looked!” he says, seeing the open cover.

“Somebody…” Keyop broots. He backs down the ladder leading up to the exit.

“You want to knock me off here?” Tiny complains.

The Blackbird looks down and sees nothing, but he’s still suspicious.

“It was closed!” he states.

Princess, Tiny and Keyop are hiding around the corner. A drop of water splashes onto Keyop and he makes a noise.

“Whoever you are, come out!” the Blackbird growls. But something hits him and he gasps. We don’t see what happens to him.

“Come on!” Mark is standing there with his boomerang.

Next thing you know, everyone is running across the same open area where Mark stepped on the twig.

Inside the Blackbirds’ base…

“Get me Zoltar on the telecom!” Ganar orders. “When he hears what I have to say, it should be worth a promotion!”

“Yeah, you’ll get a big boost!” says a familiar voice.

“Who’s that?” Ganar demands. Well, of course, it’s Mark! He comes leaping down from the ceiling, along with the rest of the Team.

There’s a bad cut, and Princess is suddenly on the ground throwing her yo-yo. Blackbirds leap everywhere. One leaps on top of Tiny, but Tiny picks him up and runs off. Mark throws his boomerang, but we don’t see where it goes. One Blackbird runs by, holding his head, and another one flies through the air with a gun. Mark backs up against the wall and takes more mini-bombs out of his pouch. He throws them at a nearby computer panel.

“Oh, what could have gone wrong?” Ganar moans. “It was such a glorious gameplan!”

“All that was wrong was, you don’t play games that scramble the minds of decent people!” Mark lectures. But behind him, the communications monitor comes on… it’s Zoltar!

“I am not in the least astonished that you were able to outwit my imbecilic Lieutenant Ganar!” Zoltar says. “But it makes no difference now. The jewels will shortly be in my hands. I’m sending my trucks to pick them up! In no time, Beldania’s riches will be mine!”

Sure enough, we see pictures of the jewels being scooped up, and Spectran trucks taking them away.

“The trucks will never get there.” Mark promises.

“Don’t count on it!” Zoltar smirks. “And don’t count on getting out of there alive! The building you are standing in is wired to self-destruct in thirty seconds! Self destruct, that is, with my help!”

“You’re not giving me a chance to get out?” Ganar is astonished. Sheesh, the guy didn’t hear correctly. He’s got thirty seconds, after all. Sigh…

“Of course you have a chance!” Zoltar sneers in disgust. “You have twenty seconds.” I guess he and I think along the same lines. Ewwww…. what does that say about me? Sigh…

“Twenty seconds?” exclaim the Blackbirds, and they start to run.

“Nineteen seconds now!” says one as they depart.

“Don’t go way back!” Princess calls, throwing her yo-yo. I’m not sure what that means, nor why she threw the yo-yo, because suddenly the entire G-Force Team is running up stairs, trying to get out.

“Through the roof!” Mark calls, and everyone jumps up and crashes through a glass roof panel.

We see a brief shot of the timer before a bomb explodes and destroys the base.

“Anybody here?” Mark asks, standing up in the rubble.

“Me!” Keyop broots.

“And I! And there’s Jason!” Princess calls.

“Hey, don’t forget me!” calls Tiny, pushing the rubble off of him. Which is appropriate, because his tone sounds just like Barney Rubble for this line.

“We won’t!” Mark assures him. “And neither will Zoltar! Believe me!”

“What did you mean when you told Zoltar his trucks will never reach the jewels?” Jason asks. He looks very pissed off, but his voice is calm.

“I mined the road to the vault.” Mark reveals, as the Team watches the base explode. “And there it goes!”

Oh, so the road to the vault is right next to the base? I think…. but won’t that destroy the jewels too? And kill the Spectran drivers? Oh, the humanity!

“When did you have a chance to do that?” Princess asks in astonishment.

“When I ran past the guard over here.” Mark explains. “Luckily, I got back in time to keep him from discovering you guys!”

Now we see Joe running down the street.

“Mama! Mama!” he calls.

“Joe!” calls his mother. Joe’s father is standing nearby as well.

“Mama!” Joe calls, rushing into her arms.

“Your Daddy and I were so afraid we’d never see you again!” his mother says.

“I knew I’d see you!” Joe tells her. “I was safe underground, and I met some wonderful friends!”

“Friends? You met friends underground?” Joe’s mother is rightly concerned by this idea.

“They’re not underground anymore, they’re up there!” Joe says, pointing at the Phoenix flying by. He runs after it.

“Mark! Goodbye, Mark! Goodbye, Princess! Everybody, bye! Bye!”

“It’s always such a relief when the Phoenix climbs into the air and heads for home!” Zark voices over. “It makes me happy every time. I wish I could say the same for my Team, though.” And yes, the G-Force Team certainly is looking angry as they fly back to Center Neptune.

“Seeing all the destruction created by Zoltar and his Spectra henchmen, in one of the loveliest little countries in the world, is not easy to get over so soon.” Zark explains over Mark’s glowering face.

But for now, Zark is taking his ten second oil break.

“And speaking of not getting over things so soon…” he smirks, “I think Susan’s still miffed because I hung up on her before. I can’t get through to her at all! I think she’s avoiding me by keeping herself on disconnect.” Smart girl, that Susan.

“Center Neptune Control!” Zark says, as a call comes in.

“7-Zark-7!” Susan greats Zark, and he has an antennae erection at the sound of her voice.

“Oh, hi Susan!” Zark says happily. “I’m certainly glad you called!”

“I have been trying to for hours!” Susan replies. “But your circuit has been busy! You haven’t been avoiding me… have you?”

“Why, Susan, who’d even think of such a thing?” Zark is aghast.

“I’m glad.” Susan whispers huskily. “Oops! Sorry, I have an alert coming in on my other circuit! I’ll call you back. Bye…”

“You know, she didn’t tell me why she called this time either.” Zark notes. “Oh, and when G-Force gets back, they’ll find that the real King, who they rescued, is going to give them beautiful medals made from some of the royal jewels!” Um, would those be the royal jewels that got caught in the blast when the mines on the road exploded?

And wow, they rescued the King, too! When did that happen?

“Believe me, they earned them!” Zark assures us, as the episode comes to an end.

No new posts 17-05-2010 04:55 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

The scriptwriters made a mistake on the position of the President's cane. Anyone who's had to use one knows that the cane is used on the opposite side of the body. If the left leg is wonky, the cane goes on the right. If it's the right leg that's bad, the cane goes on the left.

It doesn't seem like it should be so, but this is actually the best way to use a cane. I'm sure there's a nice explanation somewhere, complete with terminology, but I know from experience that this works. (I crushed my heel when I fell off a ladder. Ouch.)

And we know that Leader X scolded Katse for not killing the Science Ninja Team.

No new posts 17-05-2010 05:58 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Although I'm inexperienced I have to agree with UW regarding the cane's position when having a leg injury! I kept asking myself the same question when I saw the episode, not knowing if I were right in thinking so or not! Your injury must have really hurt, UW!!

Thanks again for the great recaps, TJ! This time, Jun bugged me a bit being so gullible, as you have said, in front of the obvious! I also wonder what happened to "Igor"!

No new posts 17-05-2010 06:53 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I agree, your ankle injury does sound painful, UW! I don't envy your experience in knowing which hand to use a cane!

I did notice in this episode, even as a child, that the President does use the cane in different hands: in one hand while Nambu is showing them the video, and in the opposite hand before they drink the beef tea. I remember being impressed that I caught this! ROFL 2

No new posts 17-05-2010 13:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Great recap -I love how this episode borrows so many staples of classic "gothic" mysteries and horror movies -falling chandeliers, an "Igor" servant, poison in the teacups, "zombie" townspeople... I was waiting for the thunderstorm and the revolving bookcase that reveals a secret room.

Interesting that they didn't really succeed in the mission -the President is (most likely) dead and Galactor got all the gold and jewels. I'm surprised the BOTP version didn't cut the final shot of them all on the bridge of the God Phoenix, scowling -hardly the faces of those who have just foiled a major robbery and rescued (somehow) a king!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 18-05-2010 at 11:56.
No new posts 17-05-2010 18:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, there's a reason the episode was called 'Successful Berg Katse'! But yes, it's a big defeat for the SNT, in the sense that they were not able to do anything that they had originally been asked to do.

And don't worry, the thunderstorms and revolving bookcases are used in other episodes! Wink

No new posts 17-05-2010 19:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Oh this episode just makes me laugh...Igor...excuse me, Frankfurter...and the Zombie crowd...and Gatchaman doing the pinky swear is just too much!

Fantastic writeup, TJ!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-05-2010 21:52 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Mm, isn't Zyr that barren hunk of rock where Spectra had a base?

Ooh, backstory! Fanfic fodder!

No new posts 17-05-2010 22:04 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
and Gatchaman doing the pinky swear is just too much!

I can remember the whole "Cross your heart and hope to die..." thing for promises from when I was a kid but not anything involving pinky fingers. If I recall though, if you had your fingers crossed behind your back while making a promise, then the promise didn't count. Ah, the rituals of little kids!

I wonder if it was sort of an in-joke that the BOTP writers named the boy "Joe," like the baby whale in "A Whale Joins G-Force" being named "Nambu," or if it's just coincidence.

No new posts 18-05-2010 12:23 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't forget Joe Galactor the baseball player! I'm guessing it could easily have been that. Funny how they never seem to have named anyone Ken. Wink

Pinky swear wasn't in my neck of the woods either, but I am pretty sure I heard of it on TV...

No new posts 18-05-2010 13:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yup ... I still do pinky swears with my kids when I need them to promise me something or the other way round! We used to do that when we were children and I think I haven't grown up so much or, simply, not at all Silly

No new posts 18-05-2010 13:50 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I often feel like I haven't grown up either, Gatchamarie! But then I'll be in a different situation, and I realize tat I have to be the heavy, and I have to be the Mom... it's not fun at all! Sigh... i guess I have to be the grownup sometimes... and always in those situations where that's not the fun thing to do.

No new posts 18-05-2010 15:35 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I agree, TJ! Life, sometimes, or better, most of the times, requires us to be the grown-ups we're needed to be, especially when we have our kids, and even other persons, depending on us! I am a child at heart, and in nature ... I also do foolish, sometimes naive, things that you only expect to see kids doing! ... but, I think, that's my way to ease a little from the severity of RL! Although my DH lovingly teases me regarding my childish smile, he always asks for it whenever RL restricts it from emerging, telling me that it is one of the first things that had attracted him to me!!

No new posts 18-05-2010 17:19 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: