Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Gatchaman Archives
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Archives
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer
Gatchaman Archives Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Gatch friends,

I have been working on a new fan site, and its still in the works. I have name it Gatchaman Archives. Some of you know it was also a message board, but its no longer active. This is my new home for forums. But I went ahead and launched the site. Its up and running, but keep in mind I still have lots to do on it.
I noted this on the site, but want to thank Springie for ideas for the site. Thankx and I hope you all enjoy it.
Here is the link
www.gatchamanarchives.com

No new posts 21-03-2010 00:02 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Cool. I look forward to seeing the sites evolution.

No new posts 21-03-2010 00:18 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thankx. Always open for ideas and also want to add anyones fan art.

No new posts 21-03-2010 00:19 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Thumb Down! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not very cool at all. Angryfire It's bad enough that you plagiarize Springie's site but then you use images that you didn't even create without any actual acknowledgment of where they came from.

For the record I created the Gatchaman Archives and the background pic Billy is using for the original Gatchaman Archives board. That is a minor issue. Ripping off Springie's site really takes the cake and that pisses me off. Not because I designed it, but because Springie is a friend of mine and what you're doing is low and underhanded.

Shame on you Billy.

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 21-03-2010 at 01:25.
No new posts 21-03-2010 01:22 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

She knows. Also, its a fan site! You didn't create Gatchaman Archives, you were asked to help and you did. Kudos to you! Not gonna get into a pissing match with you! This is all for fun, and like i said she knew, I had asked and sent her emails.
thannkx
have a great day!

No new posts 21-03-2010 01:32 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Okaaaay...Billy- I think there was a misunderstanding here...
Here's your original e-mail to me...

quote:
Hey Springie Its Billy (gatch72) from the gatch boards. Was just looking at your site and its looking good. I'm in the works on making a new site and would like to eventually see if its ok to use some of your pictures and of course give you credit for them. I also liked the flash player, that plays those songs. How did you do that? I cant' figure it out. could you tell me the code on how to do that? I will keep you updated on my site too. I just like how yours is set up. lmk and thanks for your time Billy

I thought you just wanted to use my screenshots...not the whole code!

Here's my reply...
quote:
Hey Billy- you are welcome to use my shots! Tim is actually my "tech" guy, so you may want to ask him about code. Good luck with your site!

"shots" mean "screenshots" not whole site!! TJ and I both paid Tim for his work on our site...and it was NOT ok to take that code without his permission.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-03-2010 01:51 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Just for the record, I was the one who organized the work with Tim and set up the schedule for both Jun's Joint and my Eagle Riders pages. Tim was *paid* for his work, and so it belongs to him and to Springie and myself.

I understand that you want to make a great site, but you do NOT have permission to use the code and images that Tim designed specifically for our site.

ETA The Flash Player was designed by Tim for * me * and my Eagle Riders site. I asked him to do it for me, and I paid him for the work.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 21-03-2010 at 03:14.
No new posts 21-03-2010 01:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OK. Wires crossed here. I will change my index page. The emails there I was asking about a FLASH PLAYER, for the site. I figured that out. But i apologize to you, I thought you were fine with that. The index page will be changed.

No new posts 21-03-2010 01:59 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Well technically he didn't steal my code. There's no way my code would be so horrendously mangled. What he did was take the layout on Springie's mainpage/site and reduce it to a single image and post that. Shame on you, Billy. Not cool at all.

How could anyone think it is a good idea to rip off a fellow fan in the same fan community! I mean really, just look at the two sites. It is obvious which one came first. Couldn't you come up with your own ideas? Did you really need to copy someone else's hard work? I don't know how you thought it was going to fly.

And yes, Springie and TJ paid me to do what I do for a living. I don't discriminate against a site just because it is a fan site. If they want to pay me their hard earned money to help them get a good website (based on solid code that passes W3C validation) and SEO on top of that - who am I to say no.

Just because it is a fan site doesn't give you the license to steal carte blanche. I wonder just how much more of your site that you have misappropriated from other sources.

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 21-03-2010 02:05 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I'm sorry, but I have to retract that cool. I just looked at both sites side by side and the only difference is the text and the images, which are easy to change. While I'm not lawyer, it would be that my layman's opinion is you have violated the codes copyright and the permission Springie gave is definitely different from what you've inferred.

If you need me to site a source, Maddy and I have talked about FictionAlley, a Harry Potter fanfiction site. The lady who owns/runs that site is a lawyer and has done many presentations on copyrights pertaining to fanfiction and fan sites. Plus, as a teacher, I need to be fairly up on fair use to make sure that I don't violate any copyrights in the classroom.

No new posts 21-03-2010 02:07 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: