Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » Neo Geo
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Neo Geo
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Neo Geo Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

When it comes to fighters, I always preferred Capcom, but SNK needs some credit too. The Neo Geo arrived on the scene in 1990 . Some of its earliest games were Ghost Pilots, Blue's Journey, and Ninja Combat just to name a couple. Fatal Fury was in development long before Street Fighter II, but because Street Fighter II came out first, many people tend to wrongfully call it a rip off. SNK released Art of Fighting in 1992, which is set in the same timeline. Both these titles paved the way for the King of Fighters series, which many characters from the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting games appear in. There were two more Art of Fighting games, but there was I think about 7 more Fatal Fury games (even though Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting came first, nowadays, it feels like they're spinoffs). The Neo Geo wasn't just known for its fighters though. There were also great games that spanned other genres like platformers and shooters. For example:Blue's Journey, which I mentioned earlier is a great platformer, and it's on the Virtual Console too. Last Resort is a good shooter, but hard. Bust-A-Move is a puzzle game where you match colored bubbles by shooting one at an area of other bubbles that are the same color. And there were a couple of sports games on it too, such as one of my favorites:Turf Masters, which is a golf game. I never owned the Neo Geo AES home console (The system was really expensive, costing 600 dollars with any game you wanted, and the games were like 200 bucks!!), so the only way I've played any of those games is through the Neo Geo MVS arcade system, emulation, classic collections or the Virtual Console. I do have a Neo Geo Pocket though. Nice little handheld. Alot of surprisingly fun games on it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 26-01-2010 at 08:21.
No new posts 26-01-2010 08:18 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: