Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Superbook and The Flying House
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Superbook and The Flying House
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
JabarR
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-08-2009

spacer
Superbook and The Flying House Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Who here remembers Superbook and The Flying House?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by JabarR on 27-08-2018 at 16:34.
No new posts 27-08-2009 17:24 JabarR is offline Send an Email to JabarR Search for Posts by JabarR Add JabarR to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That looks vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure if I remember watching it...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 27-08-2009 18:36 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
JabarR
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
That looks vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure if I remember watching it...

It was originally made in Japan.

No new posts 27-08-2009 18:58 JabarR is offline Send an Email to JabarR Search for Posts by JabarR Add JabarR to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Hello JabarR! I don't recognize it at all, but now you've got me curious, so I'll google it.

No new posts 27-08-2009 21:21 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Superbook and Flying House were a pair or religious series that aired on the CBN cable network (Which is now ABC Family) in the mid-1980s. Both series featured kids from modern day travelling back through time and witnessing/taking part in bible stories.

Tatsunoko was the Japanese studio comissioned by CBN to produce the series, which aired on TV Tokyo from October of 1981 to March of 1983. Superbook is actually made up of two different series, "Anime Parent and Child Theater," the first of the series to air in Japan, and "Personal Computer Travel Detectives," which was the third series to air in Japan, and was a direct seguel to "Anime Parent and Child Theater." Flying House was made from "The Adventures of the Strange House," the second series of the trio.

If you want to see more about it, CBN has a website for the series, complete with episodes you can watch, at:

http://www.cbn.com/kids/superbook/

James

No new posts 27-08-2009 22:11 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Superbook? Isn't that the book that Superman and Supergirl likes to read?

No new posts 03-09-2009 10:24 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I can remember watching it as a kid, but not many of the details. I think it was more something my cousins watched, so it was forced on me at the time. Thanks for the memory JabarR

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 03-09-2009 18:23 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
JabarR
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers these shows.

No new posts 02-03-2014 05:48 JabarR is offline Send an Email to JabarR Search for Posts by JabarR Add JabarR to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: