Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 26: "The God Phoenix Reborn"
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 26: "The God Phoenix Reborn"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie

As per the famous saying "curiosity kills the cat" that's what happened to me ... I read the here mentioned second verrrry disturbing fanfic and it left me Badacid !

I've read it too now, and I will never look at BOTP in the same way, ever again!! Eek5

No new posts 04-07-2009 16:12 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I took a glimpse at that one... I wasn't able to finish it...

No new posts 04-07-2009 16:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
This is a very intense piece that deals with the "torture" aspect of this ep as well as Ryu and Ken's relationship . . . it is really very raw in its subject matter, but I thought a well done fic. There are appropriate disclaimers at the beginning of it that I think readers should take to heart.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/240806/1/Opportunities

Though I was hesitant at first, I read the first part of this fic and will continue to read the other parts. It is a bit shocking but, as you said, it is a well done job. Unfortunately, these things still happen at present and they are hard to believe but true. Thanks for the link, gogirl

No new posts 04-07-2009 17:37 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Thank you very much for the great recap LB.

And again we have one of the BOTP eps. that haunted me all though my years after watching it as a kid. I always felt something more happened when Mark and Tiny were captured that we never saw. And so I played in my mind several different scenarios of what "might" have happened. None of them went as far as Firewolf/Jacque Koh's story Opportunities that TJ just mentioned.

I have read this story several times most avoiding the unsettling "torture" aspect and focusing on the healing, treatment and rehabilitation after the event.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 04-07-2009 at 17:42.
No new posts 04-07-2009 17:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

I remember reading these and on seeing the link reread them and like others I always assumed more than just being held in a cell occurred but I tried not to let my imagination run too wild.

Yes these are disturbing fics (particularly the zark one, though not sure if that is because while finding him annoying i always thought he was a guardian to them). For me I try to focus on how they would pull together afterwards, turning what had happened into a strength rather than staying the victim. USing the anger and pain and channelling it to move forward.

(hope that makes sense)

No new posts 04-07-2009 17:53 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

quote:
quote:
This is a very intense piece that deals with the "torture" aspect of this ep as well as Ryu and Ken's relationship . . . it is really very raw in its subject matter, but I thought a well done fic. There are appropriate disclaimers at the beginning of it that I think readers should take to heart.

Though I was hesitant at first, I read the first part of this fic and will continue to read the other parts. It is a bit shocking but, as you said, it is a well done job. Unfortunately, these things still happen at present and they are hard to believe but true. Thanks for the link, gogirl

It is a disturbing piece, but not in a graphic way (there are no horrible, detailed descriptive scenes) but in a psychological way. I think the author showed great sensitivity in exploring the aftermath of trauma. There is an epilogue that very much addresses the unfortunate reality of rape and the importance of healing. This fic has very much stayed with me, as Jacqu Koh's story now will as well.

No new posts 04-07-2009 17:54 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

It is a disturbing piece, but not in a graphic way (there are no horrible, detailed descriptive scenes) but in a psychological way. I think the author showed great sensitivity in exploring the aftermath of trauma. There is an epilogue that very much addresses the unfortunate reality of rape and the importance of healing. This fic has very much stayed with me, as Jacqu Koh's story now will as well.

I agree, and I would very much have liked to have seen the ending of the epilogue. I believe it was still in the process of being written - unless I missed the ending. I will have to go and check.

No new posts 04-07-2009 18:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
I remember reading these and on seeing the link reread them and like others I always assumed more than just being held in a cell occurred but I tried not to let my imagination run too wild.

Yes these are disturbing fics (particularly the zark one, though not sure if that is because while finding him annoying i always thought he was a guardian to them). For me I try to focus on how they would pull together afterwards, turning what had happened into a strength rather than staying the victim. USing the anger and pain and channelling it to move forward.

(hope that makes sense)

yes that makes sense FB. That is exactly what I was trying to explain in my previous post about the rehabilitation and healing that happens and how every one grows from the "painful" experience.

No new posts 04-07-2009 18:06 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird

(hope that makes sense)

ITA

yes that makes sense FB. That is exactly what I was trying to explain in my previous post about the rehabilitation and healing that happens and how every one grows from the "painful" experience.

No new posts 04-07-2009 19:30 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree, and I would very much have liked to have seen the ending of the epilogue. I believe it was still in the process of being written - unless I missed the ending. I will have to go and check.

I checked and the epilogue/story I was thinking of was a continuation of this story called Leaving the Cage. Jacque only began writing this one and appears to have been posting it at the OLD archives site. It was not transfered to the new archives and neither was Opportunities, so I do not know what happened to it.

I remember it had Ken working with a counselor who he had finally opened his heart to. And then just as he was beginning to feel safe as "Ken" he had been kidnapped by Galactor. I was hoping for an ending of the healing for Ken - but no further story came, and now it is lost completely.

No new posts 04-07-2009 19:48 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's a pity, CD. A good story needs a good ending and, thus, it is quite disappointing that, after reading the following chapters, we cannot arrive to the conclusion that we wish to hear .... ie all's well that ends well, surely! Thanks for checking

No new posts 05-07-2009 05:35 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Another that will end up out of order, perhaps, when I get to the BotP review.

No new posts 27-04-2010 13:32 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I just found out that Greg Ayres (Hideki in Nerima Daikon Brothers) is in this episode, and he plays Seji. I wonder what voice he used for the character.

No new posts 14-12-2010 03:12 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: