Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »The buy, sell or swap shop » Gatchaman Ebay finds!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Ebay finds!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Whta an Angsty Condor shot!!! Its interesting to see the details in the Artwork. Thanks Tats

No new posts 08-06-2009 04:28 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:

Well if you are GRABBING random boxes I might just decide to grab them and run off with them. I wonder if I could convince the Condor to make himself available on the day I go to visit you ... just to keep me covered during my escape. Of course I might have to be careful, Barrdwing might abscond with him while I was looking through your collection. Eek3

Naah, I'd stick with James. The Condor would just have to sprain himself laughing as I raced after you screeching like one of our chickens and snatching at the boxes. Wink

No new posts 14-06-2009 16:30 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

LOL

And I would be laughing right along beside him so I guess you would not have far to run to catch me.

No new posts 14-06-2009 17:19 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
BptP Box Set + Figurine Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I found this on ebay Australia. It's region 1 and 600 minutes of DVD.

Any takers?

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 20-02-2010 08:43 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Cheaper than the same thing on Amazon.com, which was about $100 (American). If I'm remembering correctly. After all, it was rather early when I saw it.

I was purchasing the Hofius book, and looked around a bit. They have the first volume of BotP, NEW, for $70. Used ones command a more reasonable price. I'm not that interested. Unless I can get the whole set, and there are some interesting extras (and not just couplings with 'G-Force' and 'Gatchaman').

No new posts 20-02-2010 17:37 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Unless I can get the whole set, and there are some interesting extras (and not just couplings with 'G-Force' and 'Gatchaman').

Then look for the 5-box Australian release. Australia and the U.K. are the only places where the entire series was released on DVD, and the Australian sets have a vastly superior selection of extras.

James

No new posts 20-02-2010 17:58 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

And would they play on an American DVD player?

What sort of extras?

(When/if I get some bills paid down, I just might splurge.)

No new posts 20-02-2010 23:25 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What I would love to know is how I can convert other region DVD's so I can watch them on my DVD player.

No new posts 21-02-2010 00:44 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

No - they won't work on US DVD players as they are region 4. You would need to have a region free player.

The extras include cast interviews, some episodes of Gatch, G-Force & Eagle Riders and the Witch Racer episode (can't remember the BotP name) with an audio commentary by Janet Waldo and Ronnie Schell (interestingly, Ronnie says that he had never actually watch the series until then and had become a fan as a result!).

They also have virtually the whole of Jason Hofius' BotP book - not surprising as he is listed as one of the producers of the set.

Ebay Australia (www.ebay.com.au) always has copies, but you can buy them direct from Madman (www.madman.com.au) who put them out.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 21-02-2010 00:51 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
And would they play on an American DVD player?

On a standard, off-the-shelf player? No. The discs are Region 4, and won't play in North American Region 1 players without that player being modified to be code free. You might check online to see if there is a way to easily modify your player, since some players can be modified simply by going through the proper steps with your remote control. If you have a DVD player on your computer, you might consider checking to see if that can be modified as well.

quote:
What sort of extras?

Here a breakdown of the extras, mostly taken from the Madman site (They have Vol.'s 2~5. Vol. 1 has sold out):

Vol. 1

...episode comparisons between the first episodes of Battle of the Planets, G-Force and Gatchaman (subtitled in English), alternate and rare versions of episodes, a video interview with Casey Kasem, vintage promotional spots, model sheet galleries, art galleries

Vol. 2

Extras include: Alternate Episodes, Ronnie Schell Interview, Character profiles & Galleries, Vehicle & Weapons Profiles, Art Galleries, Ronnie Schell biography, Madman Previews and featuring exclusive artwork by Alex Ross

Vol. 3

Merchandise gallery, Janet Waldo Interview, Character Profiles & Galleries, Vehicle & Weapons Profiles, Art Galleries, Janet Waldo Biography, Opening Titles Comparison, Alternate Music Pieces, Artwork by Alex Ross

Vol. 4

Merchandise Gallery, Alan Young Interview, Character Profiles & Galleries, Vehicle & Weapons Profiles, Art Galleries, Alan Young Biography, Artwork by Alex Ross, Interview with Campbell Smith

Vol. 5

Merchandise Gallery, Alan Dinehart interview, Character profiles and Galleries, Vehicle and Weapons profiles, Art Galleries, Alan Dinehart Biography, Jameson Brewer interview

James

No new posts 21-02-2010 00:54 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I use a program called Clone DVD and a program called AnyDVD. AnyDVD will play any DVD (as its name implies) on your computer. This includes ones in other regions.

Clone DVD will copy other region DVDs into a region-free format which will then fork on your regular DVD player. So I have the Australian sets, but I watch them on my regular DVD player using these DVDs.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html

Unfortunately, these are PC programs, but I'm sure there are similar Mac programs out there.

No new posts 21-02-2010 01:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I am not sure.... maybe I will have to bring my British DVD out to you when I visit this summer so we can copy it.

I would love to get the Australian sets for myself. I may have to put in an order through the site Maddy recommended.

No new posts 21-02-2010 02:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

If anybody wants, I get regular ebay updates from ebay Aust on BotP and Gatchaman. I'll post here when the Aussie box sets come up - especially No. 1 since Madman has sold out of it.

And thanks for those links Springie. My region free DVD player is good, but is a bit of a pain to use. Be good if I can convert my outisde region ones to play on my normal DVD player.

No new posts 21-02-2010 02:50 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Erm...uh...that was TJ who gave you the links, Maddy...but I'm glad I could be of service! LOL Laugh2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-02-2010 03:08 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Happy to help you out, CD and Maddy!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 21-02-2010 at 04:17.
No new posts 21-02-2010 04:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Ooo, Springie! Love your new avatar! Not sure why, not being a Swannie and all... something just speaks to me Wink1

No new posts 21-02-2010 04:31 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie always does wonderful sexy Swannie pics. And seeing as she likes to use green for her, Springie's got a beautiful bevy of St. Patrick's Day pics.

No new posts 21-02-2010 05:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I agree, Springie! That's a great avatar you've got there! You really know how to make the Swan picture perfect in all her glory!thumbsup2

No new posts 21-02-2010 06:09 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Thanks, green, TJ and Gatchamarie! Yes, TJ is right...I have a bunch of Swannie St. Pat's pics...green *is* her color, after all...

Guess we need a new St. Pat's thread, huh? Stpaddy

And green...I think it's speaking to you b/c there is so much...green in the pic...LOL

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-02-2010 14:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Uh huh, and I'm getting thoughts of the Condor with a lot of green 'wrapped' around him.... Damn, I'm supposed to be getting ready for work! COFFEE! I need COFFEE!!!

No new posts 21-02-2010 17:30 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: