Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » TvC IS COMING TO AMERICA! CONFIRMED!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TvC IS COMING TO AMERICA! CONFIRMED!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Cool!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Cain Highwind
I always thought she mesmerized enemies with her skirt, but they're REALLY admiring her yo yo. Yep!

At last!

No new posts 18-11-2009 10:17 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And what is with this comment about Ken?

quote:
As Ken the Eagle he uses an eagle-shaped boomerang weapon known as the Bird Run.

Sigh... his weapon is the Boomerang. In fanon/OAV it's the Birdrang. You'd think they'd get it right, working with Tatsunoko....

I agree with you about Jun, Cain. The guys are definitely distracted by her 'yo-yo'. Wink

No new posts 18-11-2009 13:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
And what is with this comment about Ken?

quote:
As Ken the Eagle he uses an eagle-shaped boomerang weapon known as the Bird Run.

Sigh... his weapon is the Boomerang. In fanon/OAV it's the Birdrang. You'd think they'd get it right, working with Tatsunoko....

In fact, we both noted it before, TJ! It surely rings wrong to the ear! But perhaps there can be an explanation for why they called his weapon like that ... or not?!

No new posts 18-11-2009 15:33 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
But perhaps there can be an explanation for why they called his weapon like that ... or not?!

For the explanation, you need to look at the character section in the Japanese version of the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom website. The Japanese and American sides are basically mirror versions of each other, with the same character profiles, only translated from Japanese to English for the American version. The Japanese profile for Ken says that his weapon is named "Birdrang" (Which, as was pointed out, it actually isn't. Ken's first series weapon was named simply "Boomerang").

"Birdrang" in Japanese is pronounced "Badoran." Ken's cry of "Bird Run!" is pronounced "Bado Ran!" So, whoever translated it from Japanese apparently knew enough about the series to know that the weapon wasn't called Birdrang, and that "Badoran" was the same as Ken's "Bird Run."

I don't know why they they didn't either fix it by calling is by the proper Boomerang name or continue with the error and call it Birdrang. Perhaps they were contractually unable to make that kind of alteration. Of course, they did leave out the part from the Japanese side regarding how Joe's parents were killed by Gallactor, so who knows?

James

No new posts 18-11-2009 16:36 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
I don't know why they they didn't either fix it by calling is by the proper Boomerang name or continue with the error and call it Birdrang. Perhaps they were contractually unable to make that kind of alteration. Of course, they did leave out the part from the Japanese side regarding how Joe's parents were killed by Gallactor, so who knows?

As always you give light to whatever fact is unexplanable for us, James! After reading your explanation ITA with you writing the above statement. We just have to live with the idea that, at least, we kind of know what really are the right titles or names instead of some misused ones!

No new posts 18-11-2009 18:54 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:

Interesting! I've seen "birdrang" used in so many places, I'd assumed it was some form of canon.

Good to know...

No new posts 19-11-2009 00:50 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

If you think that's weird.

While the main website mentions the "Science Ninja Team", from one of the recent trailers they have one of Ken's victory quotes translated. In the Japanese version it was something along the lines of "Hey (Teammate name)! You're on your way on becoming part of the Science Ninja Team as G-6!"

But they actually translated it as

"By the way (teammate), I think you would make a great addition to the G-Force. What do you say to joining our fight against evil?"

A bit confusing but I figure it's for the people who actually remember it more as G-Force/BotP than Gatchaman.

Oh don't know if anyone's interested (maybe James?), but a special Japan-only preorder bonus has been announced. It's going to be something called a "Secret File", a small booklet containing concept art, information/interviews, and other crazy omake stuff. It's part of a series Capcom has released with their Arcade titles of the past including their Marvel crossover titles.

Just throwing that out there. I'm sure it'll be added to the collection for viewing though

No new posts 19-11-2009 09:49 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That's a grat archive, Cain! Thanks for posting that link!

And yes, too funny that they used G-Force instead! Too bad a lot of young people now associate that with Disney rodents. Sigh...

No new posts 19-11-2009 13:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:

And yes, too funny that they used G-Force instead! Too bad a lot of young people now associate that with Disney rodents. Sigh...

Rolling While thinking about all the silly people who are disappointed because the gerbils aren't in the game.

No new posts 19-11-2009 23:44 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
quote:

Rolling While thinking about all the silly people who are disappointed because the gerbils aren't in the game.

Was it successful? I didn't really hear much about it after its release. I hope not, looked terrible.

Anyway, there's a very Joe-centric Japanese blog update. There's three little videos. One "recreating" a bird missile argument between ken and Joe and one where, well two Joes finally get to feel what their own Bird Missile Special is like.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/vs/blog/20091120_385.html

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cain Highwind on 20-11-2009 at 01:46.
No new posts 20-11-2009 01:46 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Those are awesome, Cain! I am pound ! I love how Joe and Evil Joe both got knocked out by the same attack! Bwaaa haaaa haaa....

No new posts 20-11-2009 02:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Those are awesome, Cain! I am pound ! I love how Joe and Evil Joe both got knocked out by the same attack! Bwaaa haaaa haaa....

Same here! But I don't like seeing the Eagle and the Condor fighting against each other, though!

No new posts 20-11-2009 08:23 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Oh don't know if anyone's interested (maybe James?), but a special Japan-only preorder bonus has been announced.

Yes, it is something that I'd be interested in getting. Of course, since I'm not likely to be getting to Japan before the game is released, I'll probably have to wait until someone sells one on the secondary market before I can get one. Is it something that's exclusive to a specific store chain (Like the telephone cards from the first release or the trading cards for the U.S. release), or part of the general release?

I'd also like to get my hands on the soundtrack CD that's a bonus with the Japanese release for the game. I was looking for one when the game first came out, so I'm glad they're finally releasing one.

James

No new posts 20-11-2009 09:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Same here! But I don't like seeing the Eagle and the Condor fighting against each other, though!

Excuse me, but aren't you the big Gatch II/F fan? I think Ken and Joe are at odds fairly often in those series, and more than a few punches are thrown... Wink

No new posts 20-11-2009 14:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

Did anybody notice that Joe`s transmuter may be on his right or left hand and it depends on what player he is (right or left)?

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 20-11-2009 16:06 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by yul
Did anybody notice that Joe`s transmuter may be on his right or left hand and it depends on what player he is (right or left)?

I didn't notice that! Good catch! I guess it's the same for Jun and Ken?

No new posts 20-11-2009 16:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Excuse me, but aren't you the big Gatch II/F fan? I think Ken and Joe are at odds fairly often in those series, and more than a few punches are thrown... Wink

With this you're right, TJ, but I always like it most when both of them are the best of friends ... they're like a married couple - their relationship is strengthened after a good row!

No new posts 20-11-2009 17:56 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
With this you're right, TJ, but I always like it most when both of them are the best of friends ... they're like a married couple - their relationship is strengthened after a good row!

As long as they're not putting their hands on each other's shoulders... Wink

No new posts 20-11-2009 20:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

As long as they're not putting their hands on each other's shoulders... Wink

Good one!

No new posts 21-11-2009 06:35 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

um, Transmute Jun? I've read 'A Night at the J' and I would think that Ken and Joe putting their hands on each other's shoulders is rather tame considering..
Omfg

No new posts 21-11-2009 08:54 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (7): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: