Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Things to ponder...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Things to ponder...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Things to ponder... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This can be anything Gatch/BOTP's related or not...

I've just been coming across some quotes that appeal to my sense of humour.....I think its the irony that appeals to me..

"Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injection?"

Quote 2,

If the entire world is a stage, where is the audience sitting? (I think this one belongs to Katse/Zoltar.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 15-05-2009 at 11:13.
No new posts 15-05-2009 11:12 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ooh ooh I like these things.

Here are my additions.

Why isn't "Phonetic" spelled the way it sounds?

Why are there floatation devices under the seats of aircraft, but not parachutes?

If Jason's car was moving at the speed of light, what would happen if he turned on the headlights?

If the black box on an aircraft are indestructible, why aren't the planes made of the same thing?

Orange: Which came first, the colour or the fruit?

Why does Princess wear a pair of panties, but only one bra?

Why is it called a "near miss" if you don't hit something?

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SJ_SwanJun on 15-05-2009 at 14:53.
No new posts 15-05-2009 14:53 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If firefighters fight fires... what do freedom fighters fight??

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 15-05-2009 16:46 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Why is the fear of long words "hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"?

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by SJ_SwanJun on 15-05-2009 at 19:33.
No new posts 15-05-2009 19:32 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
If firefighters fight fires... what do freedom fighters fight??

Ahhh, if peace means we are not fighting why do we "fight" for peace?

No new posts 15-05-2009 21:07 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

And this from a signature line I saw ---
"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

No new posts 15-05-2009 21:08 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Here's one of the oldest ones in the book..."Why do we drive on a parkway, and park on a driveway?"

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 15-05-2009 at 21:12.
No new posts 15-05-2009 21:11 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

This has always bugged me . . .

If flammable things can catch on fire then inflammable things should . . .? how that word ended up a synonym and not an antonym is beyond all logic.

No new posts 15-05-2009 22:24 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
RE: Things to ponder... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
This can be anything Gatch/BOTP's related or not...

I've just been coming across some quotes that appeal to my sense of humour.....I think its the irony that appeals to me..

"Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injection?"

Quote 2,

If the entire world is a stage, where is the audience sitting? (I think this one belongs to Katse/Zoltar.)

That's a good point in the first quote and as for the second one, then presuming the auidence are sitting in orbit.

I like the quotes like these and I also like to ponder time to time. Try not to do much of it otherwise steam comes out of my ears when I think too much.

Why is a fly called a fly?

No new posts 16-05-2009 09:16 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

These are great, guys!

Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

No new posts 16-05-2009 15:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
These are great, guys!

Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?

"Slim chance" means what it sounds like--not very much chance at all. "Fat chance" is just good old sarcasm. Wink And I wonder, is it only the English language that contains contradictions like that one?

No new posts 17-05-2009 23:46 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Heh, sarcasm makes many things possible with the English language. I'm reminded of this:

"A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day. "In English," he said, "A double negative forms a positive. In some languages, though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."

A voice from the back of the classroom piped up, "Yeah, right."

No new posts 18-05-2009 03:16 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

<snort> That's a good one! Lol

No new posts 18-05-2009 04:09 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I've been reading them but I haven't had time to post! Heres another one...

Will you die if you get scared half to death twice?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 18-05-2009 at 11:15.
No new posts 18-05-2009 11:14 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets.
- Unknown

Foe some reason I thought of Jason when read this quote.

No new posts 19-05-2009 00:47 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can't remember where I have heard that from Ebony and now that will nag me for the rest of my life and it was recently as well.

No new posts 19-05-2009 14:57 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Met it is from Doctor who, from the episode Robot

'Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."-Brigader Alistair Lethbridge-stewart in "Dr. Who"

No new posts 19-05-2009 15:38 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
'Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."-Brigader Alistair Lethbridge-stewart in "Dr. Who"

And, just to bring this back on-topic, your trivia fact for the day. In the Japanese dub of Doctor Who, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart was voiced by Mikio Terashima. Mr Terashima, in case you've forgotten, was the voice of Berg Katse. I've not heard this particular work of his, but I would assume that he used something closer to his normal speaking voice instead of his Katse voice when doing the character.

James

No new posts 20-05-2009 00:23 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

The source I found it from didn't give a name! Thanks FB.

I grew up with DR Who. I have't seen much of the new series since I hardly watch TV any more.

No new posts 20-05-2009 00:52 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
Met it is from Doctor who, from the episode Robot

Thanks Firebird, I had an inkling that it was from Doctor Who, but wasn't 100%. It does certainly sound typically like something that the Brig would say.

But I thought it was also was from something else as well.

No new posts 21-05-2009 20:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: