Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Die Cast Gatchaman Vehicle Toys
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Die Cast Gatchaman Vehicle Toys
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the pics and links James.

I too would love to have, but at those prices I do not think I could manage to find the funds. I guess I will just have to look at the pictures and drool.

No new posts 08-07-2009 21:43 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

These are absolutely gorgeous but like everyone else the price *sigh*

No new posts 09-07-2009 04:18 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

Why is "Gatchaman" spelled differently/wrong on this one?

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 09-07-2009 09:06 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Why is "Gatchaman" spelled differently/wrong on this one?

That would be "differently," not "wrong." Depending on how one wishes to transliterate the name from Japanese, it would be correct to use either "Gatchaman" or "Gacchaman." It all depends on how one wishes to spell out the sound created by the small "tsu" that comes between the "ga" and the "chi" in the "Gatchaman" name.

As for why Eidai used "Gacchaman" over "Gatchaman," you have to remember that, when that toy was made, there was no standard romaji spelling for the series title. This changed around the time the second series was produced. But in the 1972~74 timeframe, Eidai went with whatever someone on their design team felt was the spelling to use. He wasn't wrong, he just chose the spelling that did not become the standard.

And, just so you'll know, you'll find the "Gacchaman" spelling on other items released before 1978 as well. It's turned up a few times since then as well, but fairly infrequently.

James

No new posts 09-07-2009 15:15 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
UpyJedi UpyJedi is a Male
Just popping in

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-08-2010

spacer

I've been seriously thinking about buying both sets of these but has anyone else noticed that the Godphoenix, instead of wheels on the landing gears has flat skids!!! For the price you would have thought they got that right!

No new posts 27-08-2010 11:42 UpyJedi is offline Send an Email to UpyJedi Search for Posts by UpyJedi Add UpyJedi to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: