Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Which Condor would you chose?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Which Condor would you chose?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Which Condor would you chose? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Of all the Condor's in the Gatchaman, BOTP, Eagle Riders, G-Force (or any version I've missed here.)

Would you chose to take over the team if the Eagle wasn't able to do it because of injuries or death.

And which one do you think would be the most reckless and potentially be a danger to tearing apart the team...

No new posts 26-02-2009 08:14 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I suspect Jason is the most level-headed, but his reluctance to kill anyone (a la BOTP) might be an issue. Wink

No new posts 26-02-2009 13:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think I would choose original Joe over the others. The Swan could keep him from firing so many bird missiles.

No new posts 26-02-2009 14:13 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I think Joe Thax is the calmest, and so might do the best job of leading. Maybe.

OAV Joe for the most chaotic - never much of a team player, let alone a team leader.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 26-02-2009 14:17 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

Original Joe, I think he'd take the responsibilty well but I agree with you about OAV Joe, loose cannon.

No new posts 26-02-2009 14:51 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I suspect Jason is the most level-headed, but his reluctance to kill anyone (a la BOTP) might be an issue.

If that were an issue, then Mark wasn't a good leader, and Princess, Keyop, and Tiny wouldn't make good leaders either. If Jason was being tapped to replace an incapacitated Mark as the leader of G-Force, then he'd probably be fine.

James

No new posts 26-02-2009 17:15 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

I suspect Jason is the most level-headed

But Zark says he's "hot-headed" -surely you don't think Zark could be wrong? Laugh2

When it comes to (non-OAV) Joe, I think it might make a difference whether it's Gatch I, Gatch II or Gatch F Joe. Gatch II Joe seems to have a bit less of a temper than Gatch I Joe, and I hear that in Gatch F, he's pretty calm and Ken is the one going off the rails. Now I know virtually nothing about Dirk Daring, and my memories of Jason are a bit scanty, so I think I'd pick Gatch II Joe (or Joe Thax, who's nearly the same) to lead the team in Ken's absence.

I agree with Meridianday that OAV Joe is likely the worst Condor for this.

As for the

No new posts 26-02-2009 19:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
If that were an issue, then Mark wasn't a good leader, and Princess, Keyop, and Tiny wouldn't make good leaders either. If Jason was being tapped to replace an incapacitated Mark as the leader of G-Force, then he'd probably be fine.

Fair point. On that score, he'd probably make a good leader for the Science Ninja team Gatchapin as well. Wink

No new posts 26-02-2009 20:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

[quote]Originally posted by lborgia88
I think I'd pick Gatch II Joe (or Joe Thax, who's nearly the same) quote]

*snicker*

TJ prepares to duck all of the tomatoes that people will be throwing LB's way...

No new posts 26-02-2009 20:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Tomato

In my defense, I'll admit I've been watching a lot of Gatch II eps lately (for a fic) and Gatch II Joe is growing on me more than I thought he would -and he's got the whole "indestructible" cyborg thing going for him.

He's not my favourite Joe, though. That'll always be Gatch I Joe.

And Joe Thax... well, also a cyborg, and he benefits by virtue of not being Hunter, or not sounding like Hunter.

No new posts 26-02-2009 20:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
And Joe Thax... well, also a cyborg, and he benefits by virtue of not being Hunter, or not sounding like Hunter.

Hear, hear!

And it seems that Kelly would agree with you... Wink

No new posts 26-02-2009 21:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Didn't Jason have a chance at being the team leader in one ep and then blew it?

Mmmm I think from what I've seen of ER Joe Thax is more level headed than trigger happy revengeful Joe Asakura.

But do like the way Joe Asakura is so cool at times...

No new posts 26-02-2009 22:02 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

I go for the original Joe. The cyborg version. He was reckless in the first Gatch, but with his improvements Joe become unstoppable!
I think him alone would have been able to wipe out a Gallactor base with bare hands!

No new posts 27-02-2009 21:00 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne

There was a scene in "The Awesome Armadillo" where Jason was in a rotten mood and sniped at Mark regarding a weapon that Jason thought should have been made standard equipment on the Phoenix (with the implication that Mark had disagreed regarding the usefulness of that weapon). Mark faced him down, reminding Jason that "every team needs a leader". Whereupon Jason turned the tables on Mark by saying that he didn't want to lead the team (rather than saying he could lead better than Mark). It left Mark with no possible response; Mark got really ticked and stormed out of the room.

I always liked this scene because it was such a departure from Jason's more usual "I'd be a better team leader than Mark any day of the week" attitude. It suggested either a change of heart on Jason's part . . . or Jason finding a diabolical new way to drive Mark straight up the wall. Either one has story potential. Wink

No new posts 02-03-2009 00:52 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Too right there!!! Its one of my fave scenes too, its one that stuck in my mind from childhood.

No new posts 02-03-2009 03:27 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Mmmm I think from what I've seen of ER Joe Thax is more level headed than trigger happy revengeful Joe Asakura.

But do like the way Joe Asakura is so cool at times...

ITA Ebony! Asakura does have that coolness factor. But personally from what I've seen of ER Joe Thax seems more level headed (not to mention that Kelly seems a lot more interested in him than Hunter..Wink3 )

No new posts 02-03-2009 16:36 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Kelly isn't interested in Hunter at all until he's dying from the Phase Foil effects... Wink

No new posts 02-03-2009 18:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Barrdwing
quote:

There was a scene in "The Awesome Armadillo" where Jason was in a rotten mood and sniped at Mark regarding a weapon that Jason thought should have been made standard equipment on the Phoenix (with the implication that Mark had disagreed regarding the usefulness of that weapon). Mark faced him down, reminding Jason that "every team needs a leader". Whereupon Jason turned the tables on Mark by saying that he didn't want to lead the team (rather than saying he could lead better than Mark). It left Mark with no possible response; Mark got really ticked and stormed out of the room.

I always liked this scene because it was such a departure from Jason's more usual "I'd be a better team leader than Mark any day of the week" attitude. It suggested either a change of heart on Jason's part . . . or Jason finding a diabolical new way to drive Mark straight up the wall. Either one has story potential. Wink

OK, now you have me wanting to pull out my BOTP episodes instead of the tv shows I watch. Cobra = me watching any version of the Condor.

FWIW, I would have to say the original Condor.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 03-03-2009 00:31 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Kelly isn't interested in Hunter at all until he's dying from the Phase Foil effects... Wink

Very true in that series i don't blame her for liking the Condor more.

All these years later when
i first watched the BOTP version of the jiglokillers I felt there was something missing from it. I didn't have the same impact as it did when I was a kid. (I suppose thats natural.) Then I watched the Gatchaman version and it fitted more...

A few of the other eps are like that.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 03-03-2009 at 08:29.
No new posts 03-03-2009 08:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: