Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I thought the same thing, James! Maybe Jun has learned a shrinking power as well.... Wink

Yul, love the Photoshopping! And your new avatar is very cute! Pretty

No new posts 28-12-2008 17:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Laugh1 Nice photoshop pic!

No new posts 28-12-2008 18:06 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Bwahahahahahaha...too funny, Yul! I love your new avatar, too! Did you draw her?

No, I didn`t draw It, I made this avatar from this doujinshi . Wink1

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 28-12-2008 20:09 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I've been looking for her...that is quite a site! Some of those pics are pretty squicky- like the one with Jinpei and Jun...YIKES! I didn't see the one you used for your avatar though...
now if only they had some Ken or some Joe pics over there... Luvu2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 28-12-2008 22:36 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
yul yul is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Egoblosser.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-08-2006

spacer

Actually, my avatar is from paying part of the comics, so
I don't know, if it is correct to upload it here Question
If it`s ok, I`ll share.
And there aren`t any pics with Ken or Joe Sad1

Breathe in and breathe out

No new posts 28-12-2008 23:17 yul is offline Send an Email to yul Homepage of yul Search for Posts by yul Add yul to your Buddy List Add yul to your Contact List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan

I do have a problem with the scale in that picture. Is the guy she's kicking 36 feet tall or something? Or is Jun only 12 inches tall? Or maybe someone is hitting that guy in the face with a Cool Girl Jun doll? Regardless, the two characters shown in that image are not the same height as each other.

James

It strikes me as a bit odd too, but I was thinking it might be a variety of art stylization common to newer anime?

Yul, your image of Ken holding the Colgate is great! The toothpaste makers really need to use him in their advertisements!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 28-12-2008 at 23:50.
No new posts 28-12-2008 23:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

quote:
Hi all!

quote:

This image is definitely the coolest of them all, Jun perfoming The Spinning Bird Kick, Chun Li's signature move. I wonder if that means that Ken from Gatchaman will be able to perform Shouryuuken like Ken from Street Fighter,

I do have a problem with the scale in that picture. Is the guy she's kicking 36 feet tall or something? Or is Jun only 12 inches tall? Or maybe someone is hitting that guy in the face with a Cool Girl Jun doll? Regardless, the two characters shown in that image are not the same height as each other.

James

Yeah I noticed that too. There's some really weird perspective shots in this scene like this one

My, Jun, what big feet you have. I'm pretty sure it's the guy flying into the foreground while Jun's still spinning in the background. It's budget animation, it's cheap but gets the job done (try watching Karas and then his ending in TvC). I like how clean the older characters look, KINDA like Ken's Yatterman 08 appearance but not as rough, where he looks straight out of the original cartoon.

And awesome yul, just awesome!

I just unlocked this pic as an extra the other night.

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/651/28zo0.jpg

I didn't know who did it at the time, but it's actually Tatsunoko co-founder and Gatchaman producer Ippei Kuri.

Oh and maybe some like James can help with this, but I mentioned Doronjo's alternate color makes her look like Berg Katse, I noticed her henchman Boyakki and Tonzura have different colors as well. Boyakki's clothes are a dirty green like a Galactor soldier uniform, but Tonzura's kind of a dark red color, and I was just wondering if there were any Galactor agents who wore red or if I'm just looking too much into it.

No new posts 29-12-2008 05:23 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by saturn
Thank you for sharing all those great pictures, Cain

This image is definitely the coolest of them all, Jun perfoming The Spinning Bird Kick, Chun Li's signature move. I wonder if that means that Ken from Gatchaman will be able to perform Shouryuuken like Ken from Street Fighter, Big Grin

Yeah you'd think, it's in his name, Gold Lightan does in his animated ending.

And speaking of Ken and Street Fighter moves, it's really funny to fool young people when they ask "Is Ken in the game?" They naturally mean Ken Masters from Street Fighter, but we say "Yeah of course he is, he's on the cover?" "wut? I don't see him, I just see Ryu?" xD. No joke.

But yeah I was kinda expecting there to be a cool "trading places" crossover ending with Ryu taking on Galactor and Ken and the team taking on Shadowloo. Maybe for the sequel they'll add more villains (as there are a lot listed in their early roster list.

No new posts 29-12-2008 05:32 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
...I was just wondering if there were any Galactor agents who wore red or if I'm just looking too much into it.

Well, there was Blacky, a Gallactor in Gatchaman #42 who wore a red version of the standard Gallactor uniform.

While more orange than red, there was a similarly colored Gallactor who appeared in Gatchaman II #30.

Regardless, I suspect that you're simply reading too much into it.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 29-12-2008 at 23:01.
No new posts 29-12-2008 22:52 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I've always wondered why the Galactor goon that captured Joe in ep. 103, when he was driving at the track, and who later shot him at Karakoram, was wearing a blue uniform instead of the usual green one. Perhaps to imply that he was somehow of a higher rank (and skills)? I'd like to think that an ordinary, bumbling goon wouldn't have a chance against Joe (even if Joe was in really bad health by that point)!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 30-12-2008 at 03:08.
No new posts 30-12-2008 00:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I've always wondered why the Galactor goon that captured Joe in ep. 103, when he was driving at the track, and who later shot him at Karakoram, was wearing a blue uniform instead of the usual green one. Perhaps to imply that he was somehow of a higher rank (and skills)?

That Gallactor was a Chief (And is referred to as such in the episode itself), not an average Gallactor member, hence the different color uniform.

James

No new posts 30-12-2008 03:23 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Hi all!

quote:
I've always wondered why the Galactor goon that captured Joe in ep. 103, when he was driving at the track, and who later shot him at Karakoram, was wearing a blue uniform instead of the usual green one. Perhaps to imply that he was somehow of a higher rank (and skills)?

That Gallactor was a Chief (And is referred to as such in the episode itself), not an average Gallactor member, hence the different color uniform.

James

That must be what gave me the notion that he was a higher rank.

I was just rewatching a bit of episode 50, the Trachodon episode, because I remembered that in it, a goon refers to earning medals to rise in rank. In this ep, he says he's already received 15 medals and will be a "Commander" if he gets five more.

It's here, at 5.04.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmCKxZqnoAQ

I just did some looking, and found where you discussed the ranking system, in the "Mechas and Captains" thread back in September.

--------------------
"The specific titles used for Gallactor ranks do not correlate to any actual ranking system I have found, Japanese or otherwise.

In the ranking system used by the U.S. Navy, a Commander is lower ranked than a Captain. Unfortunately, the kanji used by the Japanese for those same U.S. Navy ranks are not the same as used by Gallactor Commanders and Captains. So, while part of me leans toward using our ranking system, since it uses both Commander and Captain, this may not have been the intent of Tatsunoko (Assuming they had any intent at all regarding these ranks).

The Commanding Captain might provide us with the best clue as to which one is higher ranked. It is traditional within our ranking system to add a lower ranking suffix to a rank to indicate divisions within a rank level (Lieutenant Colonel being lower ranked than a Colonel, for example). The Japanese military handles this slightly differently, adding kanji for "small," "medium," and "large" or "3," "2", and "1" as a suffix to ranks to designate where on the ladder of a particular rank someone is positioned, but the intent seems to be similar.

By that logic, a Gallactor Commanding Captain would likely be a step between a Commander and a Captain, where one is higher ranked than a Commander, but not as highly ranked as a Captain. I'll admit that this is speculate on my part, but assuming Tatsunoko intended to follow the traditions of military ranking, I would guess that the Captain would outrank the Commander.

Assuming that is correct, the levels of known Gallactor ranks would go as follows:

Governor (X)
Leader (Katse)
Captain
Commanding Captain
Commander
Chief

The rank of Vice Governor briefly existed between Governor and Leader, but pretty much in name only. This was the rank given to Dr. Henjinman in Gatchaman #21 , and was used mostly to trick the Doctor into creating cyborg horses for Gallactor. Once Henjinman's usefulness to Gallactor was finished, both he and his rank were eliminated."
--------------------

Perhaps the goon in episode 50 should have had a blue uniform too, although that idea may have only come much later in the series.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 30-12-2008 at 16:23.
No new posts 30-12-2008 15:17 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I was just rewatching a bit of episode 50, the Trachodon episode, because I remembered that in it, a goon refers to earning medals to rise in rank. In this ep, he says he's already received 15 medals and will be a "Commander" if he gets five more.

An example which, once again, shows why you should never use the ADV English dub of the series for reference. In the Japanese language version (As accurately reflected in the subtitled version of the ADV discs), that Gallactor says that, once he gets five more medals, he'll be promoted to Captain, not Commander.

Now, doe this mean that he's already a Commander and hopes to be promoted to Captain? Perhaps, or perhaps he's just figuring on skipping Commander and going straight to Captain. The Chief in #103 believes that getting Joe will get him a promotion to Captain, with no mention of Commander, so perhaps Commander is supposed to be higher ranked than Captain within Gallactor ranks. Unfortunately, Commanders and Commanding Captains appear so infrequently in the series, it's difficult to get a true sense of what was actually intended for the rank system used by Gallactor. Assuming there was ever any thought given to it at all!

quote:
Perhaps the goon in episode 50 should have had a blue uniform too, although that idea may have only come much later in the series.

Again, sadly, we really don't have enough reference examples to say with any certainty exactly what, if anything, the different color Gallactor uniforms are supposed to represent.

From a production standpoint, their meaning is obvious; the different color uniforms are meant to help the viewer easily identify a specific guest character from amid a sea of Gallactor troops. That would explain why, in episode #42, Blacky had a red uniform, Ale Capon had a yellow uniform, Jim had a dark blue uniform, and Ryu wore a uniform with no eye covering, as well as why the Chief in #103 had a blue uniform.

So, to say that a specific color uniform means a specific rank is like saying that all Gallactor Captains wore outrageous uniforms (They didn't, believe it or not. The Captain in episode #74 wore a standard Gallactor uniform, and the three Captains seen in episode #'s 46 and 89 all wore variations of the standard Gallactor uniform). It screams out as something to be analyzed and nailed down, but there are too many unexplained variables to make a defiinite conclusion.

It's almost enough to make one think that Tatsunoko was making this stuff up as they went along... Wink2

James

No new posts 30-12-2008 18:47 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
An example which, once again, shows why you should never use the ADV English dub of the series for reference. In the Japanese language version (As accurately reflected in the subtitled version of the ADV discs), that Gallactor says that, once he gets five more medals, he'll be promoted to Captain, not Commander.

Duly noted. I've watched many episodes (usually my favourites) with both the dub and the sub, and I've noticed on occasion that the two differed, but I can't think what reason ADV would have for not using "captain" in the dub unless they wanted the extra syllable of "commander" in there to match the mouth movements better, or someone was careless.

quote:
It's almost enough to make one think that Tatsunoko was making this stuff up as they went along... Wink2

Gasp! Really? I'm shocked! Laugh2

No new posts 30-12-2008 20:22 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Duly noted. I've watched many episodes (usually my favourites) with both the dub and the sub, and I've noticed on occasion that the two differed, but I can't think what reason ADV would have for not using "captain" in the dub unless they wanted the extra syllable of "commander" in there to match the mouth movements better,

To go somewhat OT, I'm pretty convinced that this is why they have Ken shout 'Galactor!' instead of 'Jun!' as the flowers burn at the end of the first Jigokillers ep. If you watch, his mouth moves enough to look like he's forming more than one syllable.

No new posts 30-12-2008 21:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Duly noted. I've watched many episodes (usually my favourites) with both the dub and the sub, and I've noticed on occasion that the two differed, but I can't think what reason ADV would have for not using "captain" in the dub unless they wanted the extra syllable of "commander" in there to match the mouth movements better,

To go somewhat OT, I'm pretty convinced that this is why they have Ken shout 'Galactor!' instead of 'Jun!' as the flowers burn at the end of the first Jigokillers ep. If you watch, his mouth moves enough to look like he's forming more than one syllable.

That would make sense. If I recall, there are episodes where Joe says "damn it!" in the dub, but it's "shit!" in the subtitles (and "kuso" in the original Japanese). In those cases, I only thought that they were trying to keep the dub more G-rated, figuring young children would be less likely to be reading subtitles, but maybe it was the mouth movement issue too!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 31-12-2008 at 00:03.
No new posts 30-12-2008 23:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't know about being G-rated. There's one ep (can't remember which one but I'm sure James knows. Wink ) where Katse loses and he sits down and bangs on the console yelling "Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" etc. etc. about 30 times. And just today I was going through ep 44, and Joe bursts out with "Are you shittin' me?"

Of course, if I were being told that *I* had to train with the Red Impulse Team, I'd probably be swearing too. Wink

No new posts 31-12-2008 00:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:

To go just a little further OT (while staying a bit on-topic...)

That didn't seem to matter too much to Sandy Frank and crew. In Fierce Flowers, Mark practically whispers "Princess", but it's pretty clear from the animation that the Eagle wasn't just whispering her name.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 31-12-2008 00:59 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

And just today I was going through ep 44, and Joe bursts out with "Are you shittin' me?"

Of course, if I were being told that *I* had to train with the Red Impulse Team, I'd probably be swearing too. Wink

Oh, I remember that! I watched that episode with my nephew and I still remember the look of "did Joe really just say that?" glee that appeared on his face. I'd forgotten what episode that was in.

As for Katse, I hope someone can remember what episode that is in.

No new posts 31-12-2008 03:05 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:

To go just a little further OT (while staying a bit on-topic...)

That didn't seem to matter too much to Sandy Frank and crew. In Fierce Flowers, Mark practically whispers "Princess", but it's pretty clear from the animation that the Eagle wasn't just whispering her name.

Heh I noticed that too. Great episode, but I haven't watched it on the ADV disc yet, which Episode # is it in the original?

On a related, more on-topic note, the announcer for the game uses different adjectives based on how many hits you do in a combo. A lot of these are from other Capcom fighters (YES! MONSTER! VERY GOOD! VIEWTIFUL!) I haven't been able to do it myself (I'm okay at fighters, I love them, but I'm not the best at them), but they use "GALACTIC!" (Galactor?) and "TATSUNICAL!" for some of the higher hit counts.

No new posts 31-12-2008 04:02 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: