Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » VIDEO! Capcom vs. Tatsunoko
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page VIDEO! Capcom vs. Tatsunoko
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun

Ignore me, I'm on my first coffee and am not quite awake yet..

Oh, I know that feeling! Coffee

I know who Sandy Frank is, but I'm not entirely clear on what he has (or had) rights to -BOTP, obviously, but was there more?
This sounds like an interesting development.

No new posts 17-11-2008 14:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm glad they are seriously looking into it! FINALLY, the PS3 my DH bought might come in handy! Wink

No new posts 17-11-2008 14:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I've mentioned fairly recently, but I guess I should reiterate that the situation with Sandy Frank and Gatchaman currently is that Sandy Frank is in ongoing negotiations with Tatsunoko to renew their license for the series. The rights are certainly not up for grabs to any interested party.

Regardless, even if all negotiations between Tatsunoko and Sandy Frank ceased, Sandy Frank would still retain all the rights to the unique portions of BotP and G-Force. That would include all the character names, the Hoyt Curtin and Dean Andre music, all the English dialogue tracks, original animation, title logos, and other associated materials. So, even if someone else got the rights to Gatchaman, they would not gain any rights to BotP or G-Force.

As far as other characters in the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom game go, Karas could certainly cause rights issues, since the Karas OAV series was licensed and released here by Manga Entertainment. Casshan and Yatterman could potentially be a problem if there are any companies negotiating for the rights to their current series. They're not technically the same versions of the characters, but the close visual similarities between the classic and modern versions could raise some issues.

quote:
Well Capcom USA just posted this the other day. Sounds rather promising!

Where exactly was this quote from? I took an admittedly brief look at the Capcom USA site, but I couldn't find it.

quote:
I'm glad they are seriously looking into it! FINALLY, the PS3 my DH bought might come in handy!

Maybe, maybe not. The game is being released for home use in Japan, but it's for the Wii, not the PS3. The same may be true is the game is released here.

James

No new posts 17-11-2008 20:38 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

I've mentioned fairly recently, but I guess I should reiterate that the situation with Sandy Frank and Gatchaman currently is that Sandy Frank is in ongoing negotiations with Tatsunoko to renew their license for the series. The rights are certainly not up for grabs to any interested party.

Regardless, even if all negotiations between Tatsunoko and Sandy Frank ceased, Sandy Frank would still retain all the rights to the unique portions of BotP and G-Force. That would include all the character names, the Hoyt Curtin and Dean Andre music, all the English dialogue tracks, original animation, title logos, and other associated materials. So, even if someone else got the rights to Gatchaman, they would not gain any rights to BotP or G-Force.

As far as other characters in the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom game go, Karas could certainly cause rights issues, since the Karas OAV series was licensed and released here by Manga Entertainment. Casshan and Yatterman could potentially be a problem if there are any companies negotiating for the rights to their current series. They're not technically the same versions of the characters, but the close visual similarities between the classic and modern versions could raise some issues.

quote:
Well Capcom USA just posted this the other day. Sounds rather promising!

Where exactly was this quote from? I took an admittedly brief look at the Capcom USA site, but I couldn't find it.

Good stuff to know, thanks! I actually got the news from a Nintendo news site. I thought it'd be on Capcom Unity somewhere, but I didn't see it, I know Svenson is the official PR rep and is always answering fans questions. Might've been a forum post or some kind of podcast, or maybe even someone sent him an email and his response was quoted.

No new posts 17-11-2008 22:26 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: