Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Anime and Certification
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Anime and Certification
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Anime and Certification Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Notice how it always gets hiked up?

Was watching a DVD of `Hero` last night (no, not anime but same genure) a pretty harmless movie (ok, the fight scenes were lovingly produced but what do you expect? No one watches this film for the pretty colours.)

The execution scene in any other context would be positvley childish.

And yet this film gets a 12 certificate.

Whenever I see a 12 certificate I think of things like `Revenge of the Sith` and `Return of the King` two drawn out epics with loving created and really unnecissary fight scenes.

(and that is what Gatch will be after all. Goons will yawn)

No new posts 13-10-2008 18:43 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I really loved the movie "Hero" but then I also loved "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," "House of Flying Daggers," "Curse of the Golden Flower" etc., even if the drama is over-the-top, the plots are convoluted with treachery left and right, and the fight scenes are more visual fantasy/ballet than fights.

The part of "Hero" where Snow and Moon fight (at 2.51 in this clip) is just so beautiful...

(to me, anyway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_crNWMUOBfE

I don't remember how any of these movies were rated in the US though. Unless I'm planning to take my nephew to a movie with me, I don't pay attention to the ratings, and I wouldn't have taken him to see any of these because he hates subtitles. In the case of "Hero," there isn't really anything there that would be too awful for a kid to see (granted, it depends on the kid), but the movie's style and themes are definitely not what a typical kid would enjoy, especially compared to the Star Wars or LOTR movies.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 13-10-2008 at 21:58.
No new posts 13-10-2008 21:57 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

What is a 12 certificate?

No new posts 13-10-2008 22:02 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Hero is simply ballet with balls...

The plot is simple, and the characters two dimensional, but its subtle all the same

Set in the warring states era...a time of many stories, as was the period around 500bc (the rise of Buddim, Confuanism and Taosim...coincidentaly the flowering of Greek though too)

a western writer and director would have made it too elaborate, Its a good example of minimalist storytelling.

No new posts 14-10-2008 05:03 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

12 certificate means that it's not suitable for anyone under 12 years old to watch.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 14-10-2008 11:03 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: