Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Lets throw a spin on out favourite series...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lets throw a spin on out favourite series...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's possible that if Ken weren't the one bearing the ultimate responsibility for the success or failure of missions that he might be more laid back -ready, of course, to spring into action the instant Joe needs him to, but in the meantime, winking at Jun...

Naah!

No new posts 09-10-2008 01:41 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
It's possible that if Ken weren't the one bearing the ultimate responsibility for the success or failure of missions that he might be more laid back -ready, of course, to spring into action the instant Joe needs him to, but in the meantime, winking at Jun...

Naah!

Now that idea I like.
Hmmm, sudden plot ideas begin to form in Clouds mind. Evil4

No new posts 09-10-2008 02:07 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LB, you certainly have the right idea in mind.... Wink

No new posts 09-10-2008 02:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer
RE: Lets throw a spin on out favourite series... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Think about what would happen if the makers of Gatchaman put Condor Joe in charge of the team instead of the Ken the Eagle..

Do you think this would have been a good thing or a bad thing and what results do you think would have happened!!!

Eagle Condor

He will be blasting my galactor bases on a daily basis!.... Bfg3000

No new posts 09-10-2008 02:29 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

But then again maybe Ken would become more stressed by the Condors actions and start going over the edge sooner in the series...

No new posts 09-10-2008 12:29 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
RE: Lets throw a spin on out favourite series... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ladygalactor777
quote:
Think about what would happen if the makers of Gatchaman put Condor Joe in charge of the team instead of the Ken the Eagle..

Do you think this would have been a good thing or a bad thing and what results do you think would have happened!!!

Eagle Condor

Don't they do that anyway?

No new posts 09-10-2008 13:57 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
But then again maybe Ken would become more stressed by the Condors actions and start going over the edge sooner in the series...

Probably more likely.

No new posts 09-10-2008 13:58 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I think Ken is a better leader than Joe but he's only human and sometimes he makes mistakes. But Ken's past is different than Joe as Ken was separated from his father when he was 4 (I think) and I guess that his mother died while in the hospital. Joe was older and lost them both quite suddenly and violently and nearly died himself that affected his personality. If Ken had his parents died he would have been the reckless and impulsive one on the team.

No new posts 09-10-2008 16:21 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

I am trying to imagine that they swap team roles and personal history, but do not swap basic personality.

I think Joe in a leadership position would pull it together because while he is reckless with himself, he is not as reckless with the lives of the others. Even though he disagrees with Ken often, he more often then not ultimately obeys orders for the good of the team. But Joe is more like a blunt object then a fine thinking strategist and he would have to rely on Ken's insights and observations to assess the situation effectively. Ken would still be keeping Joe's hand off the bird missals, just as a subordinate. I think Ken would end up being the loner because his sense of duty and honor would still drive him but without having to be responsible for the others, he would have no compunctions to risking himself or holding back to stay with the team.

The more I write this, the more complicated it gets.

No new posts 10-10-2008 04:28 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Sometimes I wonder who had it worse. It's truly horrible to see your parents get killed in front of you, but at least Joe's parents, and Joe, were together and, presumably, happy up until his parents were killed. In Ken's case, his father went missing when he was four, but no one ever knew for certain if he was dead, and then his mother got sick and died slowly.

For Ken, believing that his father is still alive after so many years means, in effect, believing that his father abandoned him. He does seem to deal with this by trying to live up to the high "ideal" that his father represents (to him anyway). Joe, naturally, is the one with the anger and desire for revenge.

No new posts 10-10-2008 13:12 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

My apologies gogirl, I misunderstood.

I still say Ken's a better leader but sometimes Joe being more suspicious of people has saved the team on occasion.

No new posts 11-10-2008 01:28 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:
quote:

Eagle Condor

Blues Kill Red with Rockets

No new posts 11-10-2008 11:08 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:
quote:

Eagle Condor

Blues Kill Red with Rockets

No new posts 11-10-2008 11:09 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Ken' character is a better leader thats for sure. Its hard to really imagine Joe as a real leader for the team. But then in reality the ones that are meant for leadership don't always end up in the role of the leader.

What if their personal histories had been swapped too... mmm

Ken in Fighter is more daring and he thinks things through less. This I have felt isn't just the hypershoot, but he become even more driven by his grief for the loved ones lost along the way. Something snapped. (OK I'm not a phycologist so I'm likely to be wrong.) But thats how i see it with him. He became ill, know he had to by dying and it was enough, enough to make him more impulsive.

No new posts 12-10-2008 04:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: