Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Lets throw a spin on out favourite series...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lets throw a spin on out favourite series...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Lets throw a spin on out favourite series... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Think about what would happen if the makers of Gatchaman put Condor Joe in charge of the team instead of the Ken the Eagle..

Do you think this would have been a good thing or a bad thing and what results do you think would have happened!!!

Eagle Condor

No new posts 07-10-2008 08:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The producers, or Nambu? I think it's fairly clear (at least in the early eps) that Joe isn't really a good overall leader. he doesn't have a lot of patience for people who can't keep up, and he's a little too trigger happy on the bird missiles. In episode 5 they ran out of BMs because of this, and I can see that happening every episode if Joe were in charge. Wink

No new posts 07-10-2008 12:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes, and in episode 11, if Joe were in charge he probably would have blasted Red Impulse with a bird missile, depriving Ken of his whole angsty father-son story arc!

No new posts 07-10-2008 16:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Everything would be destroyed by missiles and the team would be constantly on the hunt to kill every green goon out there Tongue...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by shamrokchick on 07-10-2008 at 18:01.
No new posts 07-10-2008 18:01 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

At least all the cuddly little animals will be saved.

No new posts 07-10-2008 20:00 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

And the team would no longer be called Team Gatchaman, But Team Condor or something like that.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 07-10-2008 at 22:28.
No new posts 07-10-2008 22:28 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And they would say "sometimes one, sometimes five, the reddish-brown and blue shadow that slips in unseen."

No new posts 07-10-2008 23:17 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
the reddish-brown and blue shadow that slips in unseen."

I think you mean, 'the reddish brown and indigo shadow that slips in with guns blazing'. Wink

No new posts 07-10-2008 23:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
And they would say "sometimes one, sometimes five, the reddish-brown and blue shadow that slips in unseen."

And with Joe I suspect it would be more one than five.
Although Ken did that as well I guess, (went off on his own)

No new posts 07-10-2008 23:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Now, the big question is, if Joe had been the leader, would Jun have been interested in him instead of Ken (or would it have made no difference) and would Joe have (unlike Ken) done something?

No new posts 08-10-2008 00:16 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
The producers, or Nambu? I think it's fairly clear (at least in the early eps) that Joe isn't really a good overall leader. he doesn't have a lot of patience for people who can't keep up, and he's a little too trigger happy on the bird missiles. In episode 5 they ran out of BMs because of this, and I can see that happening every episode if Joe were in charge. Wink

TJ your being to serious... I not looking ta him being a good leader...but what IF the producers decided to make the Condor G-1. Wouldn't the outcomes and conflicts be even more interesting!

And Red Impulse was Joes long lost father!!! LOL

Joe run's up to Red Impulse who just about to go and save the world...

Jun calls out..."Joe...he's your father!!!"

Joe grimaces as he looks into the eyes of the man he search for since he was four years old.

"I'm sorry son..." RI's eyes brimming with tears. "I felt I couldn't be a father to you..."

Joe's eyes narrow and darken... "You F@$* Bastard!!" He yells. "You were right under my nose all along...F@#@ You!!!"

"But Joe... you wanted to ger revenge for his death." Ken says scratching his head in confusion at Joe's reaction. "Why don't you give him a hug?"

"That mongrel doesn't deserve a hug," Joe hissed and he violently balls his right hand into a fist to take out the old man.

He hits RI sending him flying into the rocket...

RI in a dazed state accidently hits the big red take off button...Now he has no choice he has to save the world." Bloody kid, he has to learn to control that temper." RI fumes...

A few moments later as the team watch the rocket leave the shelter...

"You know jun, thanks for that, I've waited fourteen years to kick his butt for taking off and leaving me and mum with no money and a shack that a dog wouldn't live in..."

Joe is still calming down..he keeps balling his fists as his chest heaves from the emotions running rapidly through his body.

"Maybe I shouldn't have hit him. He is dad after all, he just pisses me off so much some times, and that was the last straw..." He says to Ken in hindsight. Folds his arms and sighs heavily... "Now I'll have to go and revenge his death I suppose..."

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 08-10-2008 at 02:02.
No new posts 08-10-2008 00:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ha ha! You've come up with the perfect AU version, Ebony!

No new posts 08-10-2008 02:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
the reddish-brown and blue shadow that slips in unseen."

I think you mean, 'the reddish brown and indigo shadow that slips in with guns blazing'. Wink

Would he have to have to whistle a tune before slipping in with guns blazing?

And what about Jason as leader or the other Condors as well in the other series that would have to be changed?

No new posts 08-10-2008 14:14 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
And what about Jason as leader or the other Condors as well in the other series that would have to be changed?

Well, we all know that if Joe had been in charge in the OAVs he would have blown up the Galactor mecha right away, and much of the plot of the first episode wouldn't be there. Wink

No new posts 08-10-2008 14:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Joe run's up to Red Impulse who just about to go and save the world...

Jun calls out..."Joe...he's your father!!!"

Joe grimaces as he looks into the eyes of the man he search for since he was four years old.

"I'm sorry son..." RI's eyes brimming with tears. "I felt I couldn't be a father to you..."

Joe's eyes narrow and darken... "You F@$* Bastard!!" He yells. "You were right under my nose all along...F@#@ You!!!"

"But Joe... you wanted to ger revenge for his death." Ken says scratching his head in confusion at Joe's reaction. "Why don't you give him a hug?"

"That mongrel doesn't deserve a hug," Joe hissed and he violently balls his right hand into a fist to take out the old man.

He hits RI sending him flying into the rocket...

RI in a dazed state accidently hits the big red take off button...Now he has no choice he has to save the world." Bloody kid, he has to learn to control that temper." RI fumes...

A few moments later as the team watch the rocket leave the shelter...

"You know jun, thanks for that, I've waited fourteen years to kick his butt for taking off and leaving me and mum with no money and a shack that a dog wouldn't live in..."

Joe is still calming down..he keeps balling his fists as his chest heaves from the emotions running rapidly through his body.

"Maybe I shouldn't have hit him. He is dad after all, he just pisses me off so much some times, and that was the last straw..." He says to Ken in hindsight. Folds his arms and sighs heavily... "Now I'll have to go and revenge his death I suppose..."

I really like this Ebony.

Only, IMO, I do not think it would progress this far. For some reason I think RI would have acknowledged Joe as his son much earlier, both of them being of the same temperament. I think RI would have enjoyed seeing Joe as leader over Ken and would have praised and assisted the team more, instead of the demeaning way he did treat them.

No new posts 08-10-2008 14:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Nahhh CD, they just would had more fist fights!!! The show would have ended 10 minutes earlier because the Condor would have had guns blasting and Ken would have been trying to get him to calm down, the team would have gone through more ships... The list goes on....

No new posts 08-10-2008 21:54 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

How many times would this happen to the team had Joe been in charge??? Shark That is after the Phoenix would get blasted down, cause all the BM would be used up shooting not so important targets for fun! heh2

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-10-2008 23:30 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Can you imagine anyone disobeying the Condors orders... Does this mean Ken would have to run off on his own more...

No new posts 08-10-2008 23:38 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Can you imagine anyone disobeying the Condors orders... Does this mean Ken would have to run off on his own more...

Yeah, Ken would run off to Nambu and tattletale on Joe! ROFL 2

No new posts 09-10-2008 00:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Nahh, here again, I think Ken is too much of the soldier. He would follow orders of his superior rather than run off.

Although in the later part of my AU I do have Mark and Jason in role reversal positions, Jason in Command and Mark in a lower rank (moving up to second in command). Mark does relax and become more the wild one, racing off after Spectran goons, while Jason has to remain in control of the situation.

No new posts 09-10-2008 00:35 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: