Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Who is your favorite bad guys?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Who is your favorite bad guys?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Who is your favorite bad guys? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since we have been honoring the villains recently I thought I would come up with this. You can vote twice and tell us why if you wish! Spin3

No new posts 30-09-2008 21:43 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer
RE: Who is your favorite bad guys? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
Since we have been honoring the villains recently I thought I would come up with this. You can vote twice and tell us why if you wish! Spin3

Oooooooooo.... Favorite villian?

Not very long lived, but the Galactor Captain from KNTG episode 88 gets my vote!

The ease with which he handles Ken, Jun, and Jinpei - and even Joe (except for the special qualities of his "toy"!)... wow...

One has to wonder how this Captain would have handled Ryu?

-Boeke

No new posts 30-09-2008 22:15 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
RE: Who is your favorite bad guys? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
The ease with which he handles Ken, Jun, and Jinpei - and even Joe (except for the special qualities of his "toy"!)... wow...

So, I should point out that I wrote a fic on that very topic last January for the ML fic challenge. I based it on the Gatch ep.

Reckoning

No new posts 01-10-2008 00:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmm. My first choice is Berg Katse, the first, the original Gatch villian. He/she started it all and (in my opinion) was not surpassed -equally capable of both drama and comedy, and actually made you feel for him (her).

My second... harder choice. I'm going to go with the unnamed Devil Star from ep. 31. Yes, she was a villain (albeit a reluctant one) but I can definitely identify with her appreciation of Joe, and I've always wondered just what her story was with Joe's friend Alan -for someone with a fiance, she seemed very interested in Joe (okay, who can blame her?) but still, why the engagement to Alan? She had a couple more nuances than many one-episode villains.

No new posts 01-10-2008 01:31 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Koji.

But how did he get to become a captain? hes rather a weak character. (even though he can shoot and ride a motorbike at the same time, which must be a prequisite for captaincy.)

Or Donald Wade a true neutralist, he will simply work for whoever lets him have the biggest chemistry set.

Unlike all other characters, he has no real concept of right or wrong.

(And both Zoltar and Anderson must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel to want to employ him, or they both really needed a totaly amoral chemist)

Lastly, Zoltar, whos so evil he steals his sisters underwear, and wears it.

No new posts 01-10-2008 07:01 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

TJ great ficce!!!

Actually Count Egobossler. I love writing his character into ficcies more than the others for some reason.

No new posts 01-10-2008 11:37 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu

Spit

No new posts 01-10-2008 13:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I should explain that I tried to set up a poll for this thread but it didn't work. Sorry for any misunderstanding. Lamer

No new posts 01-10-2008 15:43 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by Tengu

Spit

Off course I wear it!...
I look hot & sexy on it!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ladygalactor777 on 01-10-2008 at 16:01.
No new posts 01-10-2008 16:00 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Yes, hes a constant source of embarassment...to the Federation,

No new posts 01-10-2008 19:31 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah

So, I should point out that I wrote a fic on that very topic last January for the ML fic challenge. I based it on the Gatch ep.

Reckoning

I really enjoyed that fic! It featured lots of Joe, and the villain from that episode had always interested me -he seemed to have a far more developed sense of honor and duty (and competence) than most Galactor captains, and you made good use of that.

No new posts 01-10-2008 21:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I really enjoyed that fic! It featured lots of Joe, and the villain from that episode had always interested me -he seemed to have a far more developed sense of honor and duty (and competence) than most Galactor captains, and you made good use of that.

I'm glad you think so, LB! I really struggled with that fic. I got the request and for some reason that character had never appealed to me at all. I found it difficult to think of a storyline about him. Fortunately, he's only in one ep (and for half an ep, at that) so I watched his scenes and tried to come up with something he might do.

The inspiration (if you can call it that) struck when he had Joe in the prison cell, and the angle shot went right up under Joe's visor, practically exposing his face. Wink

No new posts 01-10-2008 23:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

quote:

I like Korak from Turtle King....   Boxing

No new posts 02-10-2008 05:23 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer

Hmmm... I'd have to say Katse... but I do like the captian from episode 81...

No new posts 04-10-2008 02:47 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Gosh...so many to chose from! I have to say i just love the pitiful goons...I guess I have a thing for the underdogs...

I really liked the idea of Koji...and I think that storyline had a lot of potential...it's a shame Koji's character wasn't more developed...I always wanted to know how Jun met Koji....was he from the orphanage? If so, why didn't Jinpei seem to know him?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 05-10-2008 00:04 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Why, Ego, of course!

No new posts 21-10-2008 15:54 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

2 votes for Ego! Does that mean he's the baddest villain of all? Weee! Biglaugh1

No new posts 21-10-2008 15:55 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
TheSolarSailor TheSolarSailor is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

spacer

quote:

The easy choice would be to pick either Berg Katse of Count Egobossler. But my favorite is actually one of the sub commanders from early in the Gatchaman series...

My favorite commander is the one seen in Episode 13, The Mystery of the Red Sand, who can be seen here at 2:22, where he ruthlessly whips the old man in an effort to get the secret of the red sand, and again at 6:19 when he finally learns the secret. Many commanders were quite silly looking in the garish outfits, but this one actually has a cultural flare that I absolutely love. I love the red robe with the touch of swirly patterns here and there, and the mask is creepy looking...a full hood with an odd sad face. This is the most unique outfit for a sub commander in the series, I think, and this commander happens to be excessively cruel to boot.

No new posts 22-05-2011 15:31 TheSolarSailor is offline Send an Email to TheSolarSailor Search for Posts by TheSolarSailor Add TheSolarSailor to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Not only that, in the ADV dub, he sounds just like the big VooDoo guy from Live and Let Die! The one who used to do the 7Up commercials... Crisp and clean and no caffeine... ha ha ha ha ha... Wink

No new posts 22-05-2011 17:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I think the ones that have a personal connection to the team are the best ones. They add more emotional intensity to the action.

No new posts 22-05-2011 18:46 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: