Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Frakking rain
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Frakking rain
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Frakking rain Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

On Thursday, I went to Walsall, a town about 4 miles away from me to buy a Radio Times (so I know what's on telly) and a new pair of sunglasses.

Unfortunately the weather forecast said it was cloudy but not rainy in the morning and it will, excuse my language piss down in the afternoon, sod I thought (and felt pian right then) go in the morning and collect the Radio Times and sunglasses. Big mistake.

I was only wearing my comfortable cargo trousers, which were thin enought to get soaking wet, which they did.

Right and now for the pause because I am going to explain about my bus pass which use.

As a partially sighted person, I am allowed to have a Conessionary pass, which lets me use on buses, trains and the metro (a tram type system in the West Midlands) for free. Since I need to get up at 5.00 am to go to Wolverhampton (a city 30 - 40 minute bus ride depending on traffic) and then have breakfast at MacDonalds and then go to work ready for 8.00 am, I use a Pre 9.30 Concessionary ticket, which was renewed for another year on Saturday. This means that I can use the bus, train and metro for free before 9.30.

Right now back to the story, as I was just getting my bus pass ready for the bus to take me to Walsall this morning, so I can go to the cinema to watch The X Files 2 film (not bad but it seems like an extended episode to me) I found that the Conessionary ticked was soaking wet and see through.

I was a bit worried but was told that I could use it. I was issued a new Conessionary pass to replace my old one, which Iwas still using at the time and as I got home couple of hours ago, I tried to remove the ticked and put witht he new pass.....Bad mistake. The Conessionary ticket was ripped a bit and I had to send it off to Centro, (the people who give me these passes and tickets) and hopeful I can get a replacement.

HOWEVER, since I need to travel by use before 9.30 to get to work, this means that I can either use whatever change that I have to buy tickets for the morning bus rides or buy a 4 week Pre 9.30 busmaster Concessionary ticket, so I can travel by bus before 9.30 which will cost me about £25.

If you are asleep then WAKE UP as I have finished my rant.

If it doesn't make sense to you, then don't panic as I am sure Zark will bore.....explain it to us.

No new posts 01-08-2008 14:58 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

"So say we all!"

I hate getting caught in the rain, even without important pieces of paper in my pockets.

I'm sorry this happened to you, Met. I hope that Centro is efficient about issuing replacement tickets.

No new posts 01-08-2008 17:16 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Exactly whereabouts in the East Midlands are ye, Millie?

No new posts 01-08-2008 22:50 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Sorry to hear that, Met. I do hope you receive a new pass soon, not only so you can get around and get to work, but also so you don't have spend the £25 to not walk in the rain! rain

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 01-08-2008 22:50 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

It's raining, it's pouring
the old man is snoring
went to sleep
without his pipe
and won't be up til morning

(don't know why that bit about the pipe is in there, but there you go)

Sorry to hear of your soaking - both by rain and by beureaucratic ticket agencies. But i"m sure this cloud will have a silver lining and the sun will come up tomorrow and stop raining on your parade . . . (ok, I'm stopping.)

No new posts 02-08-2008 04:51 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
Sorry to hear that, Met. I do hope you receive a new pass soon, not only so you can get around and get to work, but also so you don't have spend the £25 to not walk in the rain! rain

It's not the pass, that's okay, but it's the actual ticket that let's me on the buses before 9.30. I am waiting to see what the weather forecaster will say at noon about the afternoon's weather, so I can choose whether or not to wear jeans, and not get the pass wet to buy a pre 9.30 ticket.

Thanks guys and it's just a pity that Britain has the only weather that can't decide what to kind of weather it wants to be for a day.

No new posts 02-08-2008 09:07 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm sorry yo ugot drenched, Met, and I hope you gte your new bus pass soon! Huggles

No new posts 03-08-2008 00:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Sounds like one of those days you just want to go to bed early and hope it was all a bad dream...
Hope things improve for you soon, Met! Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-08-2008 00:17 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Sounds like one of those days you just want to go to bed early and hope it was all a bad dream...
Hope things improve for you soon, Met! Huggles

Me too, Met. Hope things work out.

No new posts 03-08-2008 03:50 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yesterday, I went into Walsall and bought a new pre 9.30 ticket for about £23 and hope that Centro and post a new annual one.

Below, is my new pass, which I found that I can only use between 9.30 and 11 pm. My previous one I could use from 9.30 am to the very last bus at night.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 03-08-2008 at 05:46.
No new posts 03-08-2008 04:53 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Will that pass get you into the ISO building Met???

I'm sorry to hear about your soaking wet experience. For years I caught trains into the city(Sydney) to go to work...if it rained you were up the creek without a paddle. Since they became crowded in peak hour and Sydney rail doesn't know the meaning of "Timetables, so you stick to them so everyone knows what you're doing..." (Buses are just as bad... Except you can get splashed by on that decides not to stop.)

As for your pass, I hope they fix it fast for ya Met, If you don't have to pay full fare why should you...

P.S... You look like a friend of mine that drives buses in Sydney...same hair cut as you.)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 03-08-2008 at 08:41.
No new posts 03-08-2008 08:39 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't know if the bus pass will let me in the building, but it will probably let me use the Biritish ISO transport.

The pass on it's own can let me use any local bus, for example, if I go to London, then I can use any local bus.

However, the ticket, which lets me use the buses before 9.30 can only work in the West Midlands, whkch is fine.

We do have some similarish problems with trains (always have and probably always will) and as for some buses, then on occasions, you can wait for 1 particular bus which never comes and in about an hour (believe you me, it very rare) than another comes and the people in the que are piffed off.

As for being like your friend, then all I can say, is that it wasn't me who caused the accident, as the bus must stay over 55 mph or it gets blown up like in the Speed film.

No new posts 03-08-2008 11:48 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Askura
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-07-2004

spacer

: pokeity pokeity pokeity poke :

Didn't answer my question, fellow Brit...

No new posts 03-08-2008 18:23 Askura is offline Send an Email to Askura Search for Posts by Askura Add Askura to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: kernbrit
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Askura
Exactly whereabouts in the East Midlands are ye, Millie?

"Who me?" Points to self. Confused2

No new posts 03-08-2008 19:20 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Met my friend actually drives buses in Sydney...and he does look like you...

No new posts 03-08-2008 22:47 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't tell himn that, otherwise, if he get into an accident, he will blame me. Crying5

No new posts 04-08-2008 18:42 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: