Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Who's your favourite Swallow?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Who's you favourite Swallow...
Jinpei vote leftpercentvote right 13 86.67%
Jimmy vote leftpercentvote right 2 13.33%
Keyop vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Pewee(not sure of spelling) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Nikky Doogan(ER) vote leftpercentvote right 0 0.00%
Total: 15 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Who's your favourite Swallow?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Who's your favourite Swallow? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The mighty Swallow...

So which one do you love the most...

No new posts 22-07-2008 02:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I always liked OAV Jimmy. Jimmy and the Gatchaman 94 theme song were the best parts of the OAVs!

Although there's a lot to be said for Joe's shower scene too..... Big Grin

No new posts 22-07-2008 16:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
saturn saturn is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 21-05-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My vote will go to Jinpei, there is something about his witty remarks that brings more colors to the otherwise more serious conversations among the birdies.

and BTW,his name in G-Force is spelled Pee Wee.Thank God my friends had never asked me to translate the names, it would definitely be taken out of the context.Smile

No new posts 23-07-2008 07:55 saturn is offline Send an Email to saturn Search for Posts by saturn Add saturn to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

I'd definitely have to cast my vote for Jinpei--Keyop's burbles and boops used to drive me crazy! Crazy2

No new posts 23-07-2008 21:52 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Condorfan
I'd definitely have to cast my vote for Jinpei--Keyop's burbles and boops used to drive me crazy! Crazy2

I kinda liked the messed up way that Keyop spoke, but still my vote will have to go to Jinpei. His attitude and such makes for another layer of drama etc.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 23-07-2008 23:31 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

ITA, gatchgirl! I have a soft spot for the Mighty Swallow. (which could also be the name of soft drink).

No new posts 24-07-2008 05:30 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

I wonder why they did that to him... I mean even kids hated it.

No new posts 25-07-2008 04:45 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Jimmy from OAVs. Unlike his oneechan, his character was much better developped than in any other Gatch arc!

No new posts 25-07-2008 18:17 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

True Amy, they did do a better job of Jimmy in the OVA's.

No new posts 25-07-2008 23:17 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:

I wonder why they did that to him... I mean even kids hated it.

If I have understood all that was written about it. They had to fill in for all the swear words and such that the young Jinpei spoke. So in essence it was a Zark like redo of Jinpei.

No new posts 26-07-2008 14:24 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I can understand having to edit out and fill space for all Jinpei's "vocabulary" that couldn't be used, but couldn't the writers come up with something better than a bunch of bleeps and bloops?? I mean, how much extra animation could there have been if Keyop was allowed to speak full sentences????

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 26-07-2008 22:12 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

That is an excellent point -- for all the time spent Zarking it up, a little less of that might have given Keyop more of a chance.

No new posts 26-07-2008 22:16 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
I can understand having to edit out and fill space for all Jinpei's "vocabulary" that couldn't be used, but couldn't the writers come up with something better than a bunch of bleeps and bloops?? I mean, how much extra animation could there have been if Keyop was allowed to speak full sentences????

I think the bleeps and bloops are just a quick and easy fix. If they really wanted to, they could have just rewritten Keyop's dialogue to leave the swear words out but still make him understandable. In the ADV DVD's they rewrite so that the dialogue will fit the mouth flaps--but I don't always agree with ADV's substitutions however. Namely, having Ken shout "GALACTOR!" instead of "JUN!" in the Jigokillers episode.

No new posts 27-07-2008 00:47 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
In the ADV DVD's they rewrite so that the dialogue will fit the mouth flaps--but I don't always agree with ADV's substitutions however. Namely, having Ken shout "GALACTOR!" instead of "JUN!" in the Jigokillers episode.

I still haven't forgiven them for that... why would he call out passionately to Galactor...heavy Sigh!

No new posts 27-07-2008 05:54 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl

If I have understood all that was written about it. They had to fill in for all the swear words and such that the young Jinpei spoke. So in essence it was a Zark like redo of Jinpei.

So it was Jinpei's mouth that brought the Zark course over us? But what about Joe then? He held the swearings record in all the Gatch series!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by amyltrer on 27-07-2008 at 09:16.
No new posts 27-07-2008 09:14 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

They replaced Joe's curses with more sarcasm. Or as Zark would say "eager, hot-headed, and emotional" outbursts. Rolleyes

With the ADV Jigokillers ep... I just want to know who thought it was a good idea to change "JUN!" with "GALACTOR!" Bad executive decision there. Bad, bad, bad. I think that person needs to be careful of wayward yo-yo bombs! Big Grin

No new posts 27-07-2008 13:56 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

ITA Hino, it's not like the Eagle had any emotions for Galactor. Unless it was more revenge for them making him try to kill the Swan. Not sure if that came out right (sorry)

No new posts 27-07-2008 17:58 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
They replaced Joe's curses with more sarcasm. Or as Zark would say "eager, hot-headed, and emotional" outbursts. Rolleyes

With the ADV Jigokillers ep... I just want to know who thought it was a good idea to change "JUN!" with "GALACTOR!" Bad executive decision there. Bad, bad, bad. I think that person needs to be careful of wayward yo-yo bombs! Big Grin

I need to check this in the BOTP series. But does Mark really shout GALACTOR! Because they were not known as Galactor in BOTP they were known as Spectrans .... or has my brain been fried by all this Gatch talk this week? and I have completely mixed up my universes.

No new posts 27-07-2008 22:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

I think you're mixing universes.... But that's ok. You've been Gatch-itized all week, so the slip is understandable! Wink

No new posts 27-07-2008 22:54 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: