Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman OAV » Bon Jovi in the OAV
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bon Jovi in the OAV
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer
Bon Jovi in the OAV Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This one is for Hino . . .

check out this vid

No new posts 09-07-2008 05:38 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It just me or OAV Condor looks (a little) with Jon??

No new posts 09-07-2008 07:41 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ah yes... This is a particular favorite of mine and the person who did it actually did it for a gatch fan on this board - and for the life of me I can't remember who!!!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 09-07-2008 08:22 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Ah, yes! I love that vid!! And Joe looks so hot in it.... (I'm probably one of the few who actually likes the look of OAV Joe. Ok, I can do without the smoking, etc., but he is definitely a hottie!) Drool1

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 09-07-2008 12:40 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer

I remember seeing Jon Bon Jovi on TV about a year or so ago, and I was amazed that he looked the same as he had twenty years ago (better, in fact, without the 80s metal hair) -the guy just has not aged!

He must be a vampire or something -him and David Bowie. Wink1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 09-07-2008 at 13:12.
No new posts 09-07-2008 13:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I love that song.

No new posts 09-07-2008 13:15 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

I remember seeing Jon Bon Jovi on TV about a year or so ago, and I was amazed that he looked the same as he had twenty years ago (better, in fact, without the 80s metal hair) -the guy just has not aged!

He must be a vampire or something -him and David Bowie. Wink1

Nope... Plastic surgery...

But he definitely got the looks in that family. I saw a pic of his youngest brother a few years ago, when his club opened... I never would have recognized him if his name wasn't listed under the pic! Those Italian genes came straight down in his DNA!

No new posts 09-07-2008 13:53 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That must be the Condor/Bon Jovi secret hot connection -- they are both Sicilian. Which means they are probably related (Sicily is a small place and everyone is a "cousin").

Love that RS cover shot though -- especially the bare shoulder. So sweet and . . . bitable.

No new posts 09-07-2008 15:14 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I love that Wanted: Dead or Alive video! There are definitely some drooly OAV Joe scenes (Shower, anyone? Bath ) but to me, his eyes and mouth are too small.

No new posts 09-07-2008 16:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer

No wonder I had such a crush on him as a teenager...

The type of amine that they used for OVA's isn't the type I like...too wooden, and lacking for me.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 09-07-2008 at 22:31.
No new posts 09-07-2008 22:29 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Ahh yes.. the Condor and JBJ... theres too looking guys (yes even best in the OAV) as I mentioned in the Condor vrs Eagle thread.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 09-07-2008 22:36 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think I am liking the *idea* of OAV Joe more then the execution. Does that make sense? I am also liking the idea of an OAV Jon Bon Jovi in which he lives at my house.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gogirl212 on 09-07-2008 at 22:41.
No new posts 09-07-2008 22:38 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I know I like the OAV Joe, but I'm not certain I understand your comment gogirl.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 09-07-2008 22:40 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Let me try to flesh that thought out -- from a visual point of view (the actual drawings) I agree, that they are flat and some of the features seem "off". But if I think of the art from a more macro perspective - maybe as if it were the roughs not the final - then I like the visual direction it is going in. I like the edginess and modernization of the character to the updated time frame (ie - ditched the bell bottoms, added an earing, etc.). I like the gritty feel of him - but if I look too closely I see too many flaws.

I feel similarly to the characterization, but that could just be a result of the fact that the OAV is so much shorter compared to any of the series. I think if the OAV characterization was able to be more fully realized over a longer set of episodes, then I like the dark, brooding loner that is evolving. But I need to see other dimensions in there to truly love that character as much as I love the versions from the series(s) -- and I think that is just not possible in such a short flick. He can't be *just* dark, brooding loner - I need more. And right now my imagination fills that in from what I think of as "Joe", it is not something I find resident in the OAV.

No new posts 09-07-2008 23:04 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
I think I am liking the *idea* of OAV Joe more then the execution. Does that make sense? I am also liking the idea of an OAV Jon Bon Jovi in which he lives at my house.

IKWYM, he has that sex appeal about him...

They just didn't have the time to develop the characters. To much crammed into a short time frame.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 09-07-2008 at 23:15.
No new posts 09-07-2008 23:13 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

Seems I may have been a little short in my proclamation of liking OAV Joe. To be honest, the best way for me to explain it is to say "Yeah, what GoGirl said!" The idea of OAV Joe appealed to me, but I too thought the actual execution was too one-dimensional/flat. I also wasn't into the character personality or how much of a "bad boy" they made him into. Joe may have been the "moody" one, but he never gave into bad habits (like smoking. That one still gets me... I mean, consummate athlete and the guy is smoking?? He'd be hacking up a lung if he had to chase down Galactor!)

My evaluation doesn't hold much salt anyway, since I've only seen the first ep - and I watched that on YouTube. So I think I will gracefully bow out of this convo before I really start talking about things I don't know anything about!

No new posts 10-07-2008 23:13 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hino, I wish I had your sensibility. I talk about things all the time that I don't know anything about - it always gets me in trouble! And ou are so right about the smoking! Just doesn't work for a ninja, no matter how much a bad boy he is!

You probably know this, but you can download to itunes the first EP in the OAV for free:

click me

Might be easier to watch that way if you wanted to take a second look.

No new posts 10-07-2008 23:31 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
Might be easier to watch that way if you wanted to take a second look.

No need to take a second look... everything worthwhile watching is right here...

No new posts 11-07-2008 00:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Ah, beautiful. Sigh. Now, if we could erase the tattoo and turn him, oh, say at least 45 degrees towards the viewer (keeping his hair over his face), utter perfection.

No new posts 11-07-2008 01:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

ITA, lb!

Now if only we knew some fiercely talented artists who could draw something like that . . . (is this where I should get out a Poke ? or is only TJ allowed to do that?)

No new posts 11-07-2008 03:53 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: