Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman OAV » Bon Jovi in the OAV
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bon Jovi in the OAV
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh no... EVERYONE can use the pokey stick. You just have to find youw own (which you seem to have done rather well, GoGirl!) so I always have mine handy.

The reason for the pokey stick is to encourage more creativity. The more people poking, the more creativity we have!

And I am DEFINITELY interested in Joe-in-the-shower creativity.... Big Grin

No new posts 11-07-2008 13:52 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just watch who you poke that thing at though Gogirl.
You do not want to aim it at me for drawing as I have problems even making stick figures. Animelol

No new posts 11-07-2008 16:05 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer

I hear you Cloud -- stick figures would be advanced drawing for me! But I think I have noticed some great artists roaming around here so no one needs to flick that stick in our direction in search of steamy Condor shower scenes.

No new posts 11-07-2008 16:59 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
I hear you Cloud -- stick figures would be advanced drawing for me! But I think I have noticed some great artists roaming around here so no one needs to flick that stick in our direction in search of steamy Condor shower scenes.

Hey TJ, the three of us could create our own stick figure drawing club. Animegiggle

No new posts 11-07-2008 18:49 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
quote:

Hey TJ, the three of us could create our own stick figure drawing club. Animegiggle

Um, does that mean that we actually have to DRAW our stick figures? Hiding

No new posts 11-07-2008 20:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
quote:

No it means we can sit around and admire everyone else great artistic talent. Which is what we do anyways, I guess.Animelol

No new posts 11-07-2008 20:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

You gotta start somewhere! Stick figures make fortunes in the artworld...

No new posts 11-07-2008 21:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:

I did one ages ago, but it's not that great.

No new posts 11-07-2008 21:33 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Let me try to flesh that thought out -- from a visual point of view (the actual drawings) I agree, that they are flat and some of the features seem "off". But if I think of the art from a more macro perspective - maybe as if it were the roughs not the final - then I like the visual direction it is going in. I like the edginess and modernization of the character to the updated time frame (ie - ditched the bell bottoms, added an earing, etc.). I like the gritty feel of him - but if I look too closely I see too many flaws.

I feel similarly to the characterization, but that could just be a result of the fact that the OAV is so much shorter compared to any of the series. I think if the OAV characterization was able to be more fully realized over a longer set of episodes, then I like the dark, brooding loner that is evolving. But I need to see other dimensions in there to truly love that character as much as I love the versions from the series(s) -- and I think that is just not possible in such a short flick. He can't be *just* dark, brooding loner - I need more. And right now my imagination fills that in from what I think of as "Joe", it is not something I find resident in the OAV.

Thank you for turning on the light bulb in my brain... Sometimes it goes really dim. biggrin2

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 11-07-2008 22:19 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I hardly think you could ever be dim, but I'm happy to light up your life in whatever way possible. Sun

No new posts 11-07-2008 22:23 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
I hardly think you could ever be dim, but I'm happy to light up your life in whatever way possible. Sun

Huggles Thanks

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 11-07-2008 22:25 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Hino, I wish I had your sensibility.

LOL! It's ok, GoGirl. Sensibility is just another one of my Eagle traits....

quote:
You probably know this, but you can download to itunes the first EP in the OAV for free

Thanks for the link! I've seen the Harmony Gold dl before, but have yet to do it. No iTunes for me though! I don't have an iPOD (I can hear everyone's gasps of horror!) Big Grin

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:08 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't worry Hino, I don't have an Ipod either.
And to show I am even further in the Dark ages, I do not have a cell phone either. Eek5

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:13 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Oh no... EVERYONE can use the pokey stick. You just have to find youw own (which you seem to have done rather well, GoGirl!) so I always have mine handy.

Hey, CD, we must have done something wrong! Why did we have to commandeer the GodPhoenix, fly halfway around the world, pick up Ebony, and find TJ on a ship in the middle of the ocean to for us to gain control of her multiple pokey sticks, and now she's just giving one of her spare pokey's to GoGirl?? I think we were hoodwinked!

Of course she still has how many on her person???? ROFL 2

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:14 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Uh, make that four... And TJ could lead us, since she has previously drawn said stick figures! Lol2

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:16 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
And to show I am even further in the Dark ages, I do not have a cell phone either. Eek5

Confession from me.... The only reason why I have a cell phone is because my parents got mad that I didn't.... So they took out a "family plan", put me on it with them, and sent me a phone. Shoulda seen my face the day that came in the mail! "Uh, mom, dad.... Did you send me a cell phone???" ROFL 2

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:20 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
quote:

Hey, CD, we must have done something wrong! Why did we have to commandeer the GodPhoenix, fly halfway around the world, pick up Ebony, and find TJ on a ship in the middle of the ocean to for us to gain control of her multiple pokey sticks, and now she's just giving one of her spare pokey's to GoGirl?? I think we were hoodwinked!

Of course she still has how many on her person???? ROFL 2

All I can say is /I/ managed to get a yo-yo out of that trip.
the other thing....TJ says she now has something that works better, so perhaps she is giving away her pokey sticks and will start using her "something better." Animelol

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Uh, make that four... And TJ could lead us, since she has previously drawn said stick figures! Lol2

i am not sure if TJ would like to be leader of this little club. She seemed a trifle embarrassed when her stick picture came to light.

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Confession from me.... The only reason why I have a cell phone is because my parents got mad that I didn't.... So they took out a "family plan", put me on it with them, and sent me a phone. Shoulda seen my face the day that came in the mail! "Uh, mom, dad.... Did you send me a cell phone???" ROFL 2

I guess they figured you were not calling them enough. Winknudge

No new posts 12-07-2008 00:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

quote:
You probably know this, but you can download to itunes the first EP in the OAV for free

Thanks for the link! I've seen the Harmony Gold dl before, but have yet to do it. No iTunes for me though! I don't have an iPOD (I can hear everyone's gasps of horror!) Big Grin

My brother (my *younger* brother) gave me an ipod nano for Christmas and I have to admit, I really like it. Never thought I would.

But, you don't need an ipod to use itunes - that you can just down load that onto your 'puter - its free. I *think* you can also download that OAV EP as a quicktime file.

No new posts 12-07-2008 01:03 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: