Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Big Bike Ride
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Big Bike Ride
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Big Bike Ride Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi guys,

This is mighty unusual, but I feel this is a great cause and want to know if you would like to help your little swannie out here.

Have you heard about the Heart & Stroke Big Bike Ride?

Basically a group of us get together and raise money for heart & stroke by riding the world's biggest bike. This bike is retro-fotted for 30 riders!!

Well. My work place is putting together a couple of teams. I want to extend a plea to you guys for sponsorship.

I'm not asking to break the bank, but just a couple of dollars to aid in heart and stroke research.

This means alot to me as I have family members who have suffered from strokes and heart attacks. More recently my neice has been diagnosed with a heart condition, and being that she's only 11, I hope that we can work together to find cures and whatnot ...

Gee. I'm not too good at this, am I?

Anyway. H&S has set up an online page for me to accept CC donations.

If you'd like to donate and help me raise some money, please visit this site:

Big Bike 2008

And put in my name: Yolanda Tran I'm with team Tip Top Tailors

IF you can help out, awesome ... if not, that's groovy, just wish me luck on a giant bike next week.

Thanks!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 22-06-2008 22:58 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Have fun riding SJ.
I have seen it being ridden by different teams around the GTA at various times.

My class just raised just over $400 for the Heart and Stroke foundation. I was really impressed with them.

No new posts 23-06-2008 00:06 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Good luck on the ride!

Before I became a mother I used to go cycling on weekends. I think my body would go into shock if I suddenly got on a bike again. I miss it though. Better than a spin class...

I've started to learn to go jogging with a three wheeler pram...

Good luck and I hope you raise a lot of money.

No new posts 23-06-2008 02:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Thank you!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys for your encouragement! I love the Big Bike Ride, it's a lot of fun and is for a great cause.

Because we are Tip Top Tailors, we all have to wear suits on the bike ... Last year they made us girls wear tuxedos - it was damn hot, but damn we looked good!

This year the boys wear suits and we gals wear business attire ...

I'll post pics when we're done!

I want to say a huge and heartfelt thanks to Ilborgia (almost typed your real name there, kiddo!) for her donation!! Girl, you are the best! Thank you so much!

And now, back to work - sigh ....

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 23-06-2008 14:24 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

Good luck SJ and don't get a heart attack riding your bike too much.

No new posts 23-06-2008 17:44 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I'm all for heart and stroke research -I swear, every male relative my boyfriend has, in his parent's generation, has had a heart attack (though they didn't all die) and now the BF is on Lipitor for his cholesterol!

No new posts 23-06-2008 18:04 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

What a great cause, SJ! Best of luck with the ride! bike <--- Hope this doesn't happen to you!. Smile

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 23-06-2008 at 22:13.
No new posts 23-06-2008 22:12 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Can't wait to see the pics...best of luck to the Tip Top Tailors! Animeflower

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-06-2008 22:59 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I'm all for heart and stroke research -I swear, every male relative my boyfriend has, in his parent's generation, has had a heart attack (though they didn't all die) and now the BF is on Lipitor for his cholesterol!

My Dh has high cholesterol, but he refuses to take Lipitor...stubborn male...arrggghh

No new posts 23-06-2008 23:28 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Thank you!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
Because we are Tip Top Tailors, we all have to wear suits on the bike ... Last year they made us girls wear tuxedos - it was damn hot, but damn we looked good!
SJ

Oh, yes!! Now I remember you mentioning this last year. I watched for your team on the news. It must have been the same weekend last year, because I was up in Owen Sound that weekend as well.

I hope it will be cooler for you this year.

No new posts 24-06-2008 00:35 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

My Dh has high cholesterol, but he refuses to take Lipitor...stubborn male...arrggghh

I'm fortunate that my BF's line of work is hospital administration, so he always knows what the newest or most effective drugs are, and is quite willing to take them. His medicine cabinet is actually more of a medicine closet. I developed seasonal allergies a couple years ago (damned if I know why) and now, if I so much as sneeze, BF is after me with various pills. A couple months ago he had the flu and he was taking oxycodone (a narcotic) to help himself sleep better!

No new posts 24-06-2008 04:00 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Yes...I'd say Oxycodone would help him sleep...when I had it...I ended up cleaning the entire apartment and decorated for Xmas! LOL Pain? What pain? Pneumonia? Never heard of it! But man, when it wore off...

See kids...DON'T DO DRUGS! IT MAKES YOU DO HOUSEWORK! LOL

No new posts 25-06-2008 13:31 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Now that's an anti-drug commercial if I ever heard one! ROFL 2

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 26-06-2008 00:20 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Kimi - My DH would by the store out if saw your post...

No new posts 26-06-2008 00:52 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
Yes...I'd say Oxycodone would help him sleep...when I had it...I ended up cleaning the entire apartment and decorated for Xmas! LOL Pain? What pain? Pneumonia? Never heard of it! But man, when it wore off...

See kids...DON'T DO DRUGS! IT MAKES YOU DO HOUSEWORK! LOL

It didn't make my BF do housework! My only experience with the good stuff was codeine, after I had my wisdom teeth extracted when I was 15 -I was hallucinating that I was flying, doing loop-de-loops in the air in the backyard.

No new posts 26-06-2008 04:18 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

Hmmm...what can I say...CODEINE IS MY FRIEND! Cheshiregrin

No new posts 26-06-2008 15:23 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Big Bike Ride Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
just wish me luck on a giant bike next week.

Thanks!

SJ

Good luck this weekend on the ride SJ. I will wish it now seeing as I will be away for the next week now that school/work is done for the summer, and my classroom is all packed up.

No new posts 27-06-2008 02:01 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Codeine? That's the stuff that severely depresses my MIL. In hospital, in pain, and a painkiller that depresses her. I wonder how many others people are depressed in the hospital, and it's really a side-effect of the painkiller?

Way to go Swannie! They do really good work. My 36 year old brother has level 4 heart failure, and a goodly number of Mom's family has heart problems. My donation for the year went through the kids for Jump Rope for Heart (580 kids earned over $7000!, great experience for them), but I'll be cheering you on in spirit.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 27-06-2008 19:06 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I hope your bike ride went well, SJ!

No new posts 30-06-2008 13:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: