Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » BOTP BOX SET
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP BOX SET
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

someone else to count as a blessing is a gorgeous Sprite in the UK who made it possible for me to purchase this box set...Worth every damn penny!

Nostalgia wise...it was everything I could have hoped for an dmore, considering I used to watch BOTP on a black and white Tv upstairs in my parents room, straight after school , instead of doing my homework.

Just like a flavour, or scent, can trigger a memory for you, such was the case in watching BOTP...Sandy Franks battle of the Planets Opening score and all!

Ahhh....... Big Grin

Thats from a nostagic point of view...

Satisfaction wise?...well like I was once told...<once you see the Japanese Original, you wont want to go back to BOTP..>

so so SOOOOO true!...Im amazed and how many scenes WERE actually cut and had Zark fill in!!

Regardless of Casey Casem's herioc swoonworthy rendition of Mark, of the clean battles where no one died and cities were evacuated, there is still enough emotional and nostalgic ties to make BOTP bearable..

A great buy..and Im eternally grateful to be one of a very few Aussies to have gotten my hands on this UK box set.. Thankyou thankyou thankyou heavenly Sprite!! Smoochies

However, the day Original Gatchaman is properly subtitlted in English is the day I POUNCE on the damn thing...even if I have to sell the Griz on ebay for it!

Big Grin

No new posts 04-07-2004 14:31 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Most welcome Imi. Huggles

I too am looking forward to getting some original Gatch at some point

No new posts 04-07-2004 14:37 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

quote:
..well like I was once told...<once you see the Japanese Original, you wont want to go back to BOTP..>

Dont you believe it, dude!

Dow much do you want for Griz? Doe he weld cars? Do gardens??

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:16 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer

Ill Trade Griz for Gatchaman series one....

You can teach him how to weld cars and do gardens...!

Lol

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:43 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

So, I wonder when ADV will start bringing out subtitled Gatch? And how long it'll take them to complete it? And how much it'll cost us?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 04-07-2004 15:56 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

and whether or not it will compete with BOTP

No new posts 04-07-2004 16:17 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

In our memories? Nothing can, or should, compete.

And for my kids, BOTP is just as much fun as it was for me. Son even tries to play it with his sister, who has dutifully mastered running around / flying around shooting things.

In our current hearts? As something we can take forward with us? That's the question.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 06-07-2004 20:15 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hmmmm, my daughter is resisting at the moment. Her self censor is objecting to BOTP for some reason when it's perfectly happy to watch the Powerpuff Girls. Possibly because she's see the Powerpuff Girls so many times that she knows all the storylines, whereas BOTP surprises her. She seems to be at an age where she worries about everything....

As opposed to me, who is just worrying over how plans for summer childcare seem to have collapsed rather badly. Plans to make... people to phone... Frown

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 06-07-2004 20:22 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Eeps. Childcare.

I found BOTP allowed me to pack my self-censor away while watching it -- one of the reasons I loved it as a kid. Still had danger and a hint of angst and the romantic tension, but for some reason I couldn't get into shows where people, even baddies, actually died. So, it fit the bill nicely.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 06-07-2004 20:37 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

She sees the peril, I think, and even though in BOTP you know everything is going to turn out alright for most of the good people, the characters demonstrate that peril by looking rather concerned. Or, if they're the general population, by running about screaming. Powerpuff Girls is rather more comedic and those reactions don't exist, or on the rare occasions where they do they pass more quickly, or are done in a comedic way. I'm pretty sure that's what's worrying her, she doesn't trust the series not to upset her, she's just going by the worried looks and taking that as a warning that she's going to be scared.

My theory anyhow.

(Childcare was a lot easier when she was in daycare, that only shut for a week over Christmas. Now she's on holiday for 13 weeks each year and the woman who was going to be looking after her for most of the summer holidays has got a full time job instead. I've no hope of booking any more time over the holidays, so I'm going to have to call in and beg some favours. And get myself a proper child minder so this doesn't happen every other school holiday.)

No new posts 07-07-2004 06:02 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Is she old enough to join in some of the summer camps/projects that get run.

In London the Police run summer camps for about 4 weeks of the holidays its not an entire help but it does help a little.

Maybe if you contact you local council of police they can tell you what is running?

No new posts 07-07-2004 07:58 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

She's only 5, which makes me a bit leery of most camp ideas, just as it made me avoid booking her into the school's holiday club - the rest of the children are an awful lot bigger than she is. The gym I go to has a kids camp, and is literally 5 minutes from where I work, and she knows a couple of the people there, and I think I might book her into there for a few days if it looks as though she might get something out of their range of activities. I don't want to hand her over to a group where she won't know anyone though.

I have plans, favours to call in, other favours to beg and so on. I'm sure I'll get the days covered. And I shall be looking into changing my childcare arrangements to find someone else a little more reliable.

No new posts 07-07-2004 11:57 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The city has camps too, and some clubs do. My son loves the gymnastics camp.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 07-07-2004 16:09 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
She sees the peril, I think, and even though in BOTP you know everything is going to turn out alright for most of the good people, the characters demonstrate that peril by looking rather concerned. Or, if they're the general population, by running about screaming. Powerpuff Girls is rather more comedic and those reactions don't exist, or on the rare occasions where they do they pass more quickly, or are done in a comedic way. I'm pretty sure that's what's worrying her, she doesn't trust the series not to upset her, she's just going by the worried looks and taking that as a warning that she's going to be scared.

Yes, in spite of all the censorship and reassuranses, the danger is `very real`.....

In fact to the extent of making the reassurances unpleasantly contradictory. (as in the `Fierce Flowers`)

No new posts 07-07-2004 17:56 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So, I wasn't entirely aware of all the subtleties at age 12. It worked for me then, in a way it wouldn't work for me now. So, I cherish the memory and share the shows with my kids.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 07-07-2004 20:09 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

And I still refuse to watch `race against disaster` for that very reason...

No new posts 07-07-2004 20:32 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: