Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Comics & Manga » I Met Botp Comic Artist Wilson Tortosa!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I Met Botp Comic Artist Wilson Tortosa!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2008

spacer
Big Grin I Met Botp Comic Artist Wilson Tortosa! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Haven't been around the forum these past few days because I've been very busy with work.

Anyway, last May 31, a WELCOME BREATHER!

I was invited by the voice actors of CreatiVoices at the Mangaholix Convention in the Philippines. I brought along my artist friend Aya (she's the one who made my new icon). Needless to say, we spent much of the day roaming around, heckling cosplayers, and just having a grand time with Pocholo Gonzales aka Berg Katse's Filipino dubber.

But the highlight of the day was actually meeting BoTP comic book artist Wilson Tortosa, who was wandering around the convention, taking pictures of cosplayers. I will not tell you for now about Wilson. I will reserve that for later...because he has granted me an interview EXCLUSIVELY for Gatchamania.net, which I will post when he finds a breather in his hectic schedule to answer the questions I emailed to him.

Suffice to say, Wilson is a WONDERFULLY NICE GUY! In fact, he actually took the time to make quickie sketches for me and Aya. If you want to know how "quick" he made these sketches, it definitely could not be more than 3 minutes for each sketch. That's how fast he made them. But I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

PHOTO 1: Rory, Wilson Tortosa, Aya & Choy Gonzales aka Berg Katse
PHOTO 2: Wilson sketching Ken
PHOTO 3: Rory proudly shows off Wilson's sketch of Ken
PHOTO 4: Wilson's sketches of Ken and Joe for Rory and Aya

Next time we'll be seeing Wilson and Choy again will be at Toycon on June 14 and 15. I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Elfgrin1

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Rory on 04-06-2008 at 01:27.
No new posts 04-06-2008 00:02 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It sounds like it was a great time! If he drew those pictures of Ken and Joe in only a few minutes, then he is a very talented artist. I look forward to reading your exclusive interview.

No new posts 04-06-2008 00:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you were able to share these pics with us, Rory!

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for sharing the piccies with us. I look forward to reading the interview.

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:27 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Wow! I am so jealous! You got to meet Wilson in person...I got the impression he was very nice and down-to-earth...
what great pics! Bounce2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Aya did a great job with Ken, too! Love the avatar!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:29 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
It sounds like it was a great time! If he drew those pictures of Ken and Joe in only a few minutes, then he is a very talented artist. I look forward to reading your exclusive interview.

Yes, Wilson is indeed a very talented artist. He actually drew the Joe sketch while squatting down, and he was FAST!

I'll be sure to post the interview once Wilson answers the questions I sent him.

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:42 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I'm glad you were able to share these pics with us, Rory!

I was supposed to post these last Monday, but work got in the way. I'm glad you liked them, TJ!

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:44 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Thanks for sharing the piccies with us. I look forward to reading the interview.

You're welcome, dear! I'm actually looking forward to getting Wilson's answers myself. Hee hee hee!

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:45 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Wow! I am so jealous! You got to meet Wilson in person...I got the impression he was very nice and down-to-earth...
what great pics! Bounce2

Actually, I've got Aya to thank for that. She told me that Wilson and Glass House Productions always have a booth in the convention. But that day, they didn't. On the off chance we might bump into him since he is an avid cosplayer (he did Jinpei before), we roamed around the venue. It was right after lunch when Aya spotted him. The rest, as we say, is history. Wink2

You'll get to "meet" Wilson once I get his answers to the interview. Winknudge

No new posts 04-06-2008 01:49 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Aya did a great job with Ken, too! Love the avatar!

I'm on the cell with Aya right now. We've been fixing the avatar because it pixelated. She is ever the perfectionist.

Anyway, she asked me to tell you: "Thanks a lot for the compliment, Springie!" Smooch2

PS Kinky girl that she is, Aya wants to do a naked Joe avatar before she joins the forum. But first, I have to write her a kinky Joe fic. AAAAH!! Flamethrower

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rory on 04-06-2008 at 01:55.
No new posts 04-06-2008 01:53 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Rory thank you so much for sharing your meeting and those gorgeous pics. Look forward to the interview with Wilson and Aya joining!

No new posts 04-06-2008 07:09 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Wilson Cosplaying Jinpei.....

(there isnt a suitable smiley for that)

Im one of those people who find cosplayers vaguley intimidatory (largley, i think because my mother loved to dress me up and I hated it)

I let my car cosplay instead

No new posts 04-06-2008 08:07 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

Woooow, Rory, you're such a lucky girl!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics. And the art!!! Joey looks soo good!..#drools#

No new posts 04-06-2008 10:38 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Rory, those were some great pics.. I'm floored by their ability to be able to create them so fast.

Can't wait to read this interview from such a talented drawler. Also be sure to tell Aya, that I so look forward to her naked Joe pic.... and great job on your avatar!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 04-06-2008 12:53 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
Rory thank you so much for sharing your meeting and those gorgeous pics. Look forward to the interview with Wilson and Aya joining!

You are most welcome! It might take Aya a little more time to join. She's hiding behind Berg Katse. She's a notorious lurker. He he he.

As for Wilson, he's got a bunch of deadlines this week, so he'll be sending me the answers to the questions next week. Can't wait!!

No new posts 04-06-2008 21:07 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu
Wilson Cosplaying Jinpei.....

(there isnt a suitable smiley for that)

Im one of those people who find cosplayers vaguley intimidatory (largley, i think because my mother loved to dress me up and I hated it)

I let my car cosplay instead

Well, my take on cosplayers is that if you don't have the same body build as the character you're playing, then don't do it. At the Mangaholix con, my eyebrows stuck together at the site of all the big fat Card Captor Sakuras roaming all over the venue. Freak6

You won't be intimidated by Wilson though. He is sooo supportive of cosplayers. If your costume is really that good, he would even approach you and congratulate you. That's how great a guy he is.

No new posts 04-06-2008 21:12 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
Woooow, Rory, you're such a lucky girl!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics. And the art!!! Joey looks soo good!..#drools#

You're very welcome, Amy! Just watch out for Wilson's interview next week!!

No new posts 04-06-2008 21:14 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
Rory, those were some great pics.. I'm floored by their ability to be able to create them so fast.

Well...let's just put it this way. They don't call Wilson the great Condorman for nothing. Was that a hint? Shades

Wilson promised to send me the answers to the interview questions next week, so just watch out for it.

quote:
Also be sure to tell Aya, that I so look forward to her naked Joe pic.... and great job on your avatar!

I'll be sure to tell her, although I doubt if she was really serious about doing the naked Joe pic. Her mind went into mental shutdown when I sent her Emby Quinn's Joe in the Shower pic. Then, she totally became braindead after seeing the frontal nude pic of Joe. Of course, I shouldn't forget the little fact that I let a non-yaoi fan like her read my Gatch yaoi fic. You should have seen what *that* did to her. Poor girl! And that's because her friend is a Devilgrin

No new posts 04-06-2008 21:21 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Rory
quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl

Well...let's just put it this way. They don't call Wilson the great Condorman for nothing. Was that a hint? Shades

Wilson promised to send me the answers to the interview questions next week, so just watch out for it.

Your great juicy info, makes me want to go to a Mangaholix sometime. I'm so Drool2 over that pic... If that hint is what I think it is... then I'm a happy person!

quote:
Also be sure to tell Aya, that I so look forward to her naked Joe pic.... and great job on your avatar!

I'll be sure to tell her, although I doubt if she was really serious about doing the naked Joe pic. Her mind went into mental shutdown when I sent her Emby Quinn's Joe in the Shower pic. Then, she totally became braindead after seeing the frontal nude pic of Joe. Of course, I shouldn't forget the little fact that I let a non-yaoi fan like her read my Gatch yaoi fic. You should have seen what *that* did to her. Poor girl! And that's because her friend is a Devilgrin

Where is this frontal nude pic that you speak of??? Wondering if I missed it, or just need another copy after it became wet with saliva! Biglaugh1

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 04-06-2008 21:47 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: