Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman OAV » OPinions
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page OPinions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Opinions Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Who is your favourite OAV character and why? Do you prefer them to the original character?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firebird on 31-01-2008 at 17:53.
No new posts 31-01-2008 17:53 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I only saw the first of the three parts. The animation was too flat and their dialogue grated on my nerves. Ken wasn't even shocked when the Gallactor mecha wiped out that city. It was his duty to protect those people, and all he did was to watch the disaster and say something like "Yes, Gallactor is bad!" And the way Joe reacted was too exagerated. In the original show there was lot more emotion. (I've got the first 65 eps from Gatch 1, yupeee!)

I liked Solaris, though. The feminine voice suited hir well and he was improved comapred to the original Katse! Psionic powers were a good add!

No new posts 31-01-2008 18:56 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
damieon damieon is a Male
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-01-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

What is the OAV?

No new posts 31-01-2008 19:52 damieon is offline Send an Email to damieon Search for Posts by damieon Add damieon to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: slayer12052
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
I liked Solaris, though. The feminine voice suited hir well and he was improved comapred to the original Katse! Psionic powers were a good add!

You should watch it in Japanese, it is much better. And in Japanese Solaris is called Katse plus you get the benefit of hearing hir voice change in male and female.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 31-01-2008 19:59 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by stardust
quote:

You should watch it in Japanese, it is much better. And in Japanese Solaris is called Katse plus you get the benefit of hearing hir voice change in male and female.

Let see what I can find on torrents then!

No new posts 31-01-2008 20:29 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by damieon
What is the OAV?

Original Alternate Version. The jerks have banned the first ep from youtube but here's a link with flashes from the show:

Clicky!!!

No new posts 31-01-2008 20:32 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Actually, it stands for Original Animation Video. It's what the Japanese use to refer to any anime that is made specifically for the home video market. You might alse see them referred to as an OVA.

If you have the American DVD release of the OAVs, you'll have the option of both the subtitled and dubbed versions. I'd recommend the subbed version, because Urban Vision did some unnecessary modifications to the dialogue in the dub to both give things a more "science fictiony" feel (Such as making the enemy alien rather than terrestrial in origin) and to put their own stamp on it. The subbed version keeps to the original dialogue.

James

No new posts 01-02-2008 01:36 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I have to admit i really wasn't taken by any of the AVO characters, Joe did look cool, but his reasons for going off on his own were not as strong...they played up his hot temper to much. Joe did care about protecting people and your right about Ken's reaction Amy, sorry my opinion is bias on the OVA's...too flat for me and rushed....

No new posts 01-02-2008 03:12 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

The only character I really liked a lot in the OAVs was Jimmy. I think he is the best of all of the Swallows I have seen (and I'm familiar with all of them except PeeWee). I love that he is a genius kid computer hacker instead of just smart-mouthed.

No new posts 01-02-2008 03:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

The swallow did come out well in that one.

Then there is the comedy stuff in there for example those suits Nambu wore. Had me laughing everytime I saw them.

No new posts 01-02-2008 05:29 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer

I like how Gallacter portrayed themselves in it. They weren't a bunch of bumbling idiots... The plots that Leader X devised were ingenious. The really scary thing for me was that some of those plots were feasible in the world today. Imagine what would happen if say, Russia suddenly dropped out of the U.N for no apparent reason... Then Iran and China followed them.... Gallacter was on point in the OVA. Even the goons were ruthless.....

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 01-02-2008 05:37 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
The only character I really liked a lot in the OAVs was Jimmy. I think he is the best of all of the Swallows I have seen (and I'm familiar with all of them except PeeWee). I love that he is a genius kid computer hacker instead of just smart-mouthed.

Yeah that did suit the Swallow TJ and it made more of reason that he was on the team...

No new posts 01-02-2008 09:32 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird

Then there is the comedy stuff in there for example those suits Nambu wore. Had me laughing everytime I saw them.

You know, I always thought the OAV Nambu looks like a pimp!

No new posts 01-02-2008 10:08 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Jinpei was my second choice. And maybe the Swan if they haven't made her so whore-like!

No new posts 01-02-2008 10:12 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Firebird

You know, I always thought the OAV Nambu looks like a pimp!

A cross between a pimp and the man formerly known as Prince!!!!

No new posts 01-02-2008 14:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Ni8ce avatar TJ! Does this mean the identities challenge is over?

No new posts 01-02-2008 18:23 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Ni8ce avatar TJ! Does this mean the identities challenge is over?

Well it's Friday. The week is over. You can change to something else if you want.

I just felt like a different side of Swannie... Big Grin

No new posts 01-02-2008 20:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Oh, the dark Swannie side?

No new posts 01-02-2008 21:22 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Oh, the dark Swannie side?

Only dark in the sense that I'm not going to take any nonsense from Galactor. Big Grin

No new posts 01-02-2008 22:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer

I thought you swan was the NTT Swan when I saw her.. But I wasn't sure. She looks ready to rip someones arms off...

::Toneman waves his hand frantically in the air, and jumps up and down::

"Oooh... Oooh... Pick me! Pick me!!"

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 01-02-2008 22:46 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: