Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » Itunes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Itunes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Itunes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

***rant***

So what is it with Itunes?

Do they not like Aussie talent or something?

I happen to like Delta Goodrem's album "Born to try" so I thought I would download it to my ipod. So I do a search and its only a partial album with 2 tracks.

And of course to do things officially I have to load it from the itunes site (job means I do things officially too)

Anyone else wish they would get their act together?

I mean the Uk site does not even do tv show downloads yet

*curses Itunes*

No new posts 17-08-2007 11:28 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'll check on ares to see what I can find. Can you gve a list of favourite songs, FB?

No new posts 17-08-2007 11:32 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

i don't have an Ipod!

I'm so behind! but you can get it online in downloud music sites...not much help am I

Do you know Missy Higgins??? You would love her music!

She sings some angsty but very good music, and great fic topics because her songs are so much her own, she is the best talent we have had in years.

I have thought of using her song Scar

No new posts 17-08-2007 12:38 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
i don't have an Ipod!

I'm so behind! but you can get it online in downloud music sites...not much help am I

Do you know Missy Higgins??? You would love her music!

She sings some angsty but very good music, and great fic topics because her songs are so much her own, she is the best talent we have had in years.

I have thought of using her song Scar

I've downloaded some of her songs thanks to SJ. She's goood! Really. And I like the Aussi accent!

No new posts 17-08-2007 12:57 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

I like most of her first album fortunately I got it on CD just wanted to add it to my Ipod also.

Will check out Missy Higgins Thanks for the recommendation.

*ponders listening to angst while fic writing*

Is this a good idea?

No new posts 17-08-2007 13:37 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't know FB, I write my fanfics in doom silence. Well, it's been rather noisy around here lately!

No new posts 17-08-2007 13:42 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

<grins>

Oh but what an iGirl I am ....

I love my iPod muchly ... very muchly ... I am a music junkie and ALWAYS have to listen to tunes!!

iTunes. Well I can say with all certainty that their customer service kicks some supreme ass. It takes then a day or so to get back to you, but they damn well make sure you're happy.

I can't say for sure what the issue is with only partial albums and what-not. But I suppose (and assumptions being the mother of all fuck-ups, I'm likely wrong) that maybe the artists and their record company simply have no desire to allow such inexpensive downloads of the music ...

Recently I was on a mad hunt for Missy Higgins' album. After a day of online searching and price researching, it looked like the minimum I would end up paying for a hard copy was around $50US.

I jumped on to iTunes, and downloaded it for around $10.

That's a big difference for record companies who are really only into making money, right?

A friend here at work, her sister works at Warner - and I have been repeatedly lectured about my past Kazaa use and how much it costs, blah blah - never mind that it is still LEGAL in Canada to download music. Perhaps Warner should have thought about THAT before they signed off on the Deal with .... Anyway ...I digress...

So anyway. I downloaded onto the work puter - jump jump jump skippy skippy. I complained to Apple, and they refunded - GASP! But when I uploaded at home, erased my iPod and reloaded it - kaboom! It worked perfect (which reminds me, tell iTunes to rebill me) ...

I am scared now, to go back on iTunes, cos I'll blow apart my credit card.... :blush:

FB, is it possible for you to purchase from the US site?

They might have what you need.

Let me look in to it for you.

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 22-08-2007 12:10 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

SJ I tried to log into the US site but it does not let me download from there it refers me straight back to the UK site.

They do have a great selection there (almost have 24 hours of music on my ipod now)

Its just a shame that some things are partial or that they wont let you go to whichever site you wish to download.

No new posts 23-08-2007 18:58 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Well.... <smile>

Tell me what you want. I'll get em, burn em to CD and send it to ya.

Easy - might just take a couple of weeks to get to ya.

Still cheaper than actually buying the darn cd's

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 23-08-2007 19:13 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: