Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »You Gotta See This! » Her Royal Cuteness
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Her Royal Cuteness
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Her Royal Cuteness Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

A Kentucky toddler dressed up as the Queen. A few months later she received royal mail[/size
By Sara Smart, CNN

[size=1]Updated 4:16 PM ET, Wed January 5, 2022

One Kentucky family recently got a piece of royal mail in their mailbox, sent straight from Windsor Castle.

When Katelyn Sutherland checked the mail on December 27, she wasn't expecting to find a letter addressed to her daughter, Jalayne, with a royal stamp on it.
"It was mixed in with our other mail," Katelyn said, "I had to calm myself down and make sure not to rip the envelope."

The excitement came from a royal idea the family had back on Halloween. Two-year-old Jalayne dressed head-to-toe in gear to resemble Queen Elizabeth II for her Halloween costume.

From a matching light blue jacket and hat set, to a white wig and pearls, Jalayne looked just like Her Majesty.

And the outfit was complete with the family corgis, Rascal and Jack.

The letter the Sutherland's recieved on December 27 from Windsor Castle.

he letter read, "Her Majesty thought it kind of you to write to her, and The Queen was pleased to see the photograph of your daughter, Jalayne, in her splendid outfit."

It was signed by the lady-in-waiting, Mary Morrison, who is a female personal assistant to a court.

Since Jalayne is so young, Katelyn tried to help her understand the importance of the letter a little better. She put the hat on her that they used for the costume and the two danced around the kitchen in excitement.

The inspiration for the costume came from the toddler's bond with the pups, Katelyn says.

"Ever since Jalayne was born the two corgis have been best friends with her," Katelyn said, "Especially since she started eating and sneaking them food, they loved her even more."

Because of that connection, they wanted to include Rascal and Jack into the costume somehow. "When you think of corgis you most certainly think of the Queen," Katelyn said.

Katelyn posted photos to Facebook to show the comparison, and friends encouraged her to share them with the Queen.

She eventually decided to print out the picture and send it in a letter across the pond the first week of November.

Katelyn says this was around the time the Queen wasn't feeling well, so she hoped this letter would cheer her up.

She wasn't even sure the Queen would even see the note, and knew it would take awhile to get from Florence, Kentucky, to England.

The Sutherland's plan to frame the letter and put it on display in their living room for the time being, until Jalayne is older to keep the letter herself.

As for next year's outfit, "I'm never going to be able to top this!" Katelyn noted.

No new posts 05-01-2022 23:48 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Such a little cutie!

No new posts 06-01-2022 11:59 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That is awesome! What a great keepsake that little girl will have.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 08-01-2022 00:18 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Who would have thought that was the only thing we needed to do to get the Queen's attention?

No new posts 22-01-2022 03:15 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: