Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » NTV Buys Tatsunoko, Talks Future of Gatchaman Crowds
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page NTV Buys Tatsunoko, Talks Future of Gatchaman Crowds
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
NTV Buys Tatsunoko, Talks Future of Gatchaman Crowds Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

It was just announced that Nippon Television has bought a controlling interest in Tatsunoko Productions. The company bought 54.3% ownership of the studio from Takara-Tomy, who bought Tatsunoko from the founding Yoshida family in 2005.

When Takara-Tomy purchased the studio in 2005, they had hoped to use it to create synergy between the studio's production and Takara-Tomy's toy lines, but financial difficulties kept Takara-Tomy from fully utilizing their assets. Takara-Tomy has retained a 20.0% interest in the studio. Other major shareholders in the studio include Production I.G, with 11.2%, and entertainment talent agency Hori Pro, with 13.5%.

NTV's president, Yoshio Okubo, said at a press conference that NTV intends "...to integrate the content of Tatsunoko Productions with the planning capabilities and the sales force of the Nippon Television Group, aiming to enhance the corporate value of Tatsunoko Pro."

NTV has plans to use the studio to help expand its anime programming, and to help diversify it's entertainment content. NTV has had ties with movie studio Nikkatsu, and was one of the major sources of funding for the live action Gatchaman movie last summer.

NTV announced a few of their immediate plans for utilizing Tatsunoko's properties. Starting in April, NTV's "Zip!" morning show will introduce a 'mini corner' featuring the characters from Tatsunoko's comedy series "Genie Hakushon." "Zip!" was previously the home of the "Good Morning Ninja Team Gatchaman" comedy shorts.

At NTV's press conference, they also commented that work is progressing on the second "Gatchaman Crowds" TV series, and that they are looking into producing a "Gatchaman Crowds" movie. No release dates for either of these was mentioned.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 29-01-2014 at 17:19.
No new posts 29-01-2014 17:17 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Here's hoping that they have some interest in the original Gatchaman, beyond the movie!

No new posts 29-01-2014 20:40 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I agree...I hope this is good news for Gatchaman fans! Thanks for letting us know, James!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 29-01-2014 23:17 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

iagree

No new posts 30-01-2014 14:40 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: