Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » G-Mecha Names
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page G-Mecha Names
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 30-04-2004

spacer
G-Mecha Names Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Useless information time....

I got really bored, and demanded that Flash buy me the BotP Box set.....

So while he was attempting to convince the Board Members to buy a new wood chipper because the old "chuck and duck" isn't all that safe, I indulged myself in a wee bit of BotP.

I made an interesting little discovery...(Yes, if I had browsed the net, I am sure that one of the gurus would have mentioned this)

DID YOU KNOW that the transformed G-4 is called "the Widgett"?

I kid you not! When Tiny and Marky Warkey were trapped in that Spectran thingie all ready to drown for the cause, Princess gushed and asked if "the Widget" could fit 3 people in it. Keyop took off, after being told he was the smallest, and picked up the two boys in the G4.

Now......elsewhere I've seen it called other things, but never Widgett.

So the jet is the Sonic Jet......Da funky bike is...Galacticycle...Da vroom vroom is....the car....

I prefer:

G1 - Slick
G2 - Sweetheart
G3 - Banana
G4 - Bug
G5 - Big Blue

*looks up at what she wrote, and groans* Enough dribble from me....

SJ

No new posts 19-05-2004 23:15 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You ought to get the trading cards....

its the Star buggy

No new posts 20-05-2004 06:29 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think the BOTP writers probably didn't keep a list of what they'd already called things, so the names keep on changing from episode to episode. I'm sure I remember the G3 being called the DoveCycle, or something like that, as well.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 20-05-2004 06:33 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The trading cards, Tengu?

They were probably the biggest crock of crap on the market.

Yes, I did get a couple of packs and was deeply disappointed and opted not to waste anymore money on them. I prefer looking at "Fan Art" whose artists actually have an ounce of talent. If TPTTTB (The powers that think they be) hated the comic, then it blows my mind that the cards were so well accepted. I only got a handful that were any good.

I was just commenting that Princess gave it a name, is all.

No new posts 20-05-2004 13:09 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

I'm confused. Didn't Mark call his jet "The Mystery Machine"? (snort snicker)

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 20-05-2004 13:33 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Bwaahaahaa! I remember that one too! Never understood what was behind it, but maybe Mark needed the change in civvies of a plain t-shirt and a straggly beard as well Big Grin

As for the trading cards, there was some of the newer art that I liked. That one of Mark in mid-launch head on with the yellow background was nice, as was the other Mark one where his cape wings are so huge that you just know they'd be permanently in the way, and that Jason in mid flight one too. But a lot of the Princess pics were off, and there was a lot of older artwork in there that I'd seen a lot of times before.

I didn't bother buying the packs though, that just looked like a big waste of money. I bought a full set off Ebay for about US$10 including shipping to the UK, and I still think I did a lot better than all the people who pre-ordered ripoff boxes at US$80 a shot, or bought packs and then didn't know what to do with the duplicates. I spent more than the money I saved on the hand-drawn and other special cards, of course, because I am a merchandise junkie. But I'm trying to give that up.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 20-05-2004 13:46 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Buffy Buffy is a Female
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-07-2001

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
Bwaahaahaa! I remember that one too! Never understood what was behind it, but maybe Mark needed the change in civvies of a plain t-shirt and a straggly beard as well Big Grin

Random RP silliness of course. Our heroes got into a series of 'one-up-man-ships' one evening that culminated in one un-named member sneaking into the hanger and repainting the G-1. Of course I felt obligated to create a 'photo' of the event. A little nod of the hat to Mark's 'kissing cousin' Shaggy.

"Spider sense....tingling."

No new posts 20-05-2004 13:50 Buffy is offline Send an Email to Buffy Search for Posts by Buffy Add Buffy to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Regi says
" Didn't Mark call his jet "The Mystery Machine"? (snort snicker)"

Are you sure he was referring to the jet??!!

*snicker-snorts then wanders over --------> to her corner*

No new posts 20-05-2004 15:24 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Damn smilies.....sneaky little bastards, aren't they?

No new posts 20-05-2004 15:25 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Oh yes! Blue Kills Red

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 20-05-2004 17:05 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: