Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Halloween With the Ninja Team!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Halloween With the Ninja Team!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Halloween With the Ninja Team! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Everyone!

The Ninja Team was born in October, so we thought it would be fun to celebrate their premiere before the month is out - barely. Our previous online viewing event was a big success in July and we're thrilled to present another - this time it will be Halloween With the Ninja Team!

Sorry, we won't have any candy or costumes for anyone. But what we will have is a 90 minute collection selected to scare, surprise and maybe even shock! You might think you know the Ninja Team, but after you spend a Halloween with them, you may never consider them the same way again! Okay, that's quite enough hyperbole... Even I was groaning. We'll be presenting some of the scariest episodes of Gatchaman, Battle of the Planets and Gatchaman Fighter, along with commercials, newly-subtitled shorts you won't see anywhere else and a new item. Intrigued? Good, gooood... With 2020 being what it is, we figure most of us will probably be stuck inside for the holiday anyhow. So why not spend it online with some friends?

We're going to hold the meeting in my existing chat room again. I will provide links to everyone in the room so we can watch the clips and live chat about them together. Why not a Zoom-style video get together? For a variety of reasons; the chat room exists already, it's extremely simple to use, does not require anyone to sign up for any new services and keeps people anonymous. Future events might try a video conference if people want to attempt it. But for this one, we're going to go the route of the chat room again.

Halloween With the Ninja Team will take place on Saturday, October 31st from 6PM to 8PM, Eastern time. Which works out to the following:
3PM to 5PM Pacific (Los Angeles)
6PM to 8PM Eastern (New York)
11PM to 1AM (London)
7AM to 9AM Sunday morning (Tokyo)
8AM to 10AM Sunday morning (Sydney)

The program will run 90 minutes, but the two hour window will allow for latecomers and discussion. The chat room will be open afterward as long as people want to stay and talk. In addition to the videos we can discuss recent events, answer questions and share stories.

Click here:
GatchaCon Chat Room

You'll have to create a nickname, and then click the "Connect" button (there is no Authorization or Password necessary).

Once you get into the room, you'll see the phrases "#gcon: Bird Go!" and "Welcome to GCon, BotP and Gatchaman chat!" So you'll know you're in the correct place.

My nickname in the room is "drazuma."

Then start typing and enjoy!

You may not be able to see who is there when you come in, but just type something in the bar at the bottom of the screen to let people know you've arrived. Or, someone may say hello if they see your name appear.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to supply a YouTube Playlist option for the programming this time. If you had problems connecting to the video source for our previous event, it is suggested you try using the Firefox browser. It seemed to work in post event tests for others who had problems last time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone who wants to brave... Halloween With the Ninja Team!

Jason, the Other
www.battleoftheplanets.info

P.S. If anyone would like to try the chat room out before the big day, please come on by. We had a few disconnects and issues for some to get signed in last time, so it might be a good idea to try it out ahead of time. If anyone's there when you try it, I'm sure they'll say hello! Or, if anyone is interested in more dedicated software to connect, let me know and I'll provide a few options.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 17-10-2020 at 21:56.
No new posts 17-10-2020 21:26 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh-ho yesssss! Demonic

No new posts 17-10-2020 23:47 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had a great time at the last one, will certainly try to be there again.

No new posts 18-10-2020 00:52 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

I'm hoping to be there . . . just not sure if I might have to be at work (believe it or not!).

No new posts 18-10-2020 09:51 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Yes!!!
Thank you!

No new posts 19-10-2020 23:30 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

ON my calendar!

No new posts 21-10-2020 23:34 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
KenTheEagle
Former Lurker

I am an Eagle.

Registration Date: 03-10-2020

spacer

Won't be showing up for this, got a date with a friend, but I hope it is fun for you all! Been a busy Eagle as of recent, but seriously, hope things cut out for you all.

No new posts 24-10-2020 18:53 KenTheEagle is offline Send an Email to KenTheEagle Homepage of KenTheEagle Search for Posts by KenTheEagle Add KenTheEagle to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

This is just a quick reminder about next Saturday's Halloween With the Ninja Team! We'll be online and hope to see you there too. Take a look at the first post in this thread for details on times and how to connect.

Thanks to all of you for confirming your plans to join in (hope you can make it for a bit too, Ken)! Looking forward to a fun Halloween with you all!

The Other Jason (who will be wearing his 7-Zark-7 costume while hosting, even if no one can see it... promise!)

No new posts 25-10-2020 01:22 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's the day! If you want to join in on Halloween With the Ninja Team, come to my chat room at the following times:

3PM to 5PM Pacific (Los Angeles)
6PM to 8PM Eastern (New York)
11PM to 1AM (London)
7AM to 9AM Sunday morning (Tokyo)
8AM to 10AM Sunday morning (Sydney)

You'll have to create a nickname, and then click the "Connect" button (there is no Authorization or Password necessary).

Once you get into the room, you'll see the phrases "#gcon: Bird Go!" and "Welcome to GCon, BotP and Gatchaman chat!" So you'll know you're in the correct place.

My nickname in the room is "drazuma."

Then start typing and enjoy!

You may not be able to see who is there when you come in, but just type something in the bar at the bottom of the screen to let people know you've arrived. Or, someone may will say hello if they see your name appear.

More information is included in the first post of this topic, and at my new CNC message board. I'm looking forward to seeing anyone who can make it!

The Other Jason

www.battleoftheplanets.info/cnc

P.S. If anyone would like to try the chat room out before the big day, please come on by. We had a few disconnects and issues for some to get signed in last time, so it might be a good idea to try it out ahead of time. If anyone's there when you try it, I'm sure they'll say hello!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 31-10-2020 at 00:24.
No new posts 31-10-2020 00:20 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Thank you Jason for organising!
It was great to see everyone!

No new posts 01-11-2020 08:30 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

There's something about watching your favourite show in a group that makes it more awesome, somehow.

When you all find the same scene funny, or someone points out something that might have been missed by the rest. I think it's great to share something you love with like-minded people.

Thanks again for hosting, Jason, and I hope I can participate in any future events.

No new posts 01-11-2020 11:06 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
There's something about watching your favourite show in a group that makes it more awesome, somehow.

When you all find the same scene funny, or someone points out something that might have been missed by the rest. I think it's great to share something you love with like-minded people.

Thanks again for hosting, Jason, and I hope I can participate in any future events.

I totally agree, KT. I would have responded more in the chat if I was quicker at typing! Had we been able to physically gather you all would have heard me giggling and gaffawing at many comments and on screen moments!

Jason, thank you so much for all the work you put in. Great job!

No new posts 01-11-2020 12:12 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Katblu42
quote:
Originally posted by KT1972

I totally agree, KT. I would have responded more in the chat if I was quicker at typing! Had we been able to physically gather you all would have heard me giggling and gaffawing at many comments and on screen moments!

Jason, thank you so much for all the work you put in. Great job!

I agree as well. I can't tell you how much this means to me -- especially since the last couple of years of my life have been dominated by medical issues. Thanks so much, Jason!

No new posts 01-11-2020 19:03 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi everyone,

It's been awfully strange not being able to see friends or get together with anyone this year. Being able to watch videos as a group has always been a highlight and I've missed it.

If this helped brighten your day in some way then I'm very, very glad. :-) I'm happy you all had fun and I'm looking forward to the next one - whenever that may be.

If nothing else, you all learned a very valuable lesson this time: Never volunteer to read reports to Katse!

Best,

The Other Jason

No new posts 02-11-2020 00:32 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi everyone,

I've completed the transcript from our Halloween With the Ninja Team event. If you have not heard from me vie a-mail yet, that means I don't have your address. If you would like a copy of the transcript, please e-mail me at the battleoftheplanets.info website. Let me know the name you used in the chat room and I'll get a copy to you right away!

Thanks again to everyone who attended!

The Other Jason

No new posts 11-11-2020 23:26 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: