Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Birds x Cats
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Birds x Cats
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Birds x Cats Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

Tatsunoko announced on February 22nd, that a new Gatchaman-related campaign will begin soon. If you've ever wished to see our favorite bird team done in cat form, well, wish granted!

Gatchanyan is on the way. It will be the first entry in what's being called the "Creanyaa Project" (Creative + nyaa) where various designers will do mash-ups of famous animation characters as cats. Our beloved Ninja Team will be called, "Science Ninnya Team Gatchanyan."

What's all this "Nya / nyaa" business? For anyone unaware, "Nyaa" is the Japanese onomatopoeic or mimetic word for "Meow." We could even call it "Gatchameow" and it would still work.

Here is the first promotional image of the Ninnya Team - "Gatchanyan Design 001" by Naomi Iwata:

More details about the project will be coming on April 1. No, I do not think it is an April Fool's joke.

Press Release (Japanese)

Naomi Iwata's Site (English)

More soon,

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 06-03-2018 at 22:15.
No new posts 06-03-2018 22:11 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's just so wrong.

No new posts 06-03-2018 23:37 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It kind of reminds me of Samurai Pizza Cats.

No new posts 06-03-2018 23:43 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

It's kinda cute. Smile

No new posts 06-03-2018 23:59 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Their design reminds me of Hoops and Yoyo

No new posts 07-03-2018 00:12 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Jinpei looks more like a squirrel.

No new posts 16-03-2018 20:54 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

"Cat people and Dog people rarely see eye to eye, but one thing they can always agree on is that there's nobody weirder than Bird people."

(Author unknown.)

No new posts 18-03-2018 00:26 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

It took a little longer than expected, but there is some news about Gatchanyan - yes it has ended up being a real thing. The press release is below, along with two more artist's interpretations of the Ninja Team as cats.

Posted on Japanese site Starpet on July 10 was the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Big search for “Gatchanyan cat models” by J-Com Communication Planning
7/10/2018

Big search for model cats!

J:COM “Gather! Nationwide Starpet!” A collaboration with Tatsunoko Pro!

“Science Ninnya Team Gatchanyan”

Now, we’re searching for cats to act as “real Gatchanyan” models!
If you would like your pet to become a model cat for each character, please post!

Your pretty cat may be Gatchanyan!

Application method:
Post pictures to Instagram at ♯スタペ応募_ガッチャニャン!
We will tell you the results if you pass judgment
(Please understand we may not be able to answer your questions)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the Instagram page so you can see entries:
https://www.instagram.com/_starpet_/

I like some of the little details in the new artist's pictures, like the bell collars and cat head-shaped bracelet faces in the first image by Suzuka Yoshida (daughter of Gatchaman creator, Tatsuo Yoshida)

Also, the little Berg Katse doll the Jinpei character is holding in the Tatsuo Hari image is cute (but the anus and nipple inclusions for each... not so much).

Keep an eye on the Instagram page to see if any of the posted cats remind you of Ninja Team members!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 15-07-2018 at 20:20.
No new posts 15-07-2018 20:06 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Who will look like Grumpy Cat?

At least have the guys look more male. There are some cats that you look at and can just tell they're male.

This makes me think about Disney's Aristocats.

No new posts 16-07-2018 22:55 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hoo boy, Becky, you've left yourself wide open with that one!

There's a reason why one of the young male Kangaroos around here is named Fluffy Dice, and it isn't because he drives a 1970's model Chrysler Valiant.

No new posts 30-07-2018 00:49 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Fluffy Dice? Really?

Joe could be the Cat From Hell. Look out Katse!

No new posts 30-07-2018 23:10 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGhostOwl
There's a reason why one of the young male Kangaroos around here is named Fluffy Dice, and it isn't because he drives a 1970's model Chrysler Valiant.

That seems to be a bit uncomfortable, having big cubes down there instead of a more traditional shape...

No new posts 31-07-2018 11:09 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Is it just me or is there a conflict of interest here. Birds and cats usually aren't the best since cats love to hunt birds. Shouldn't Galactor be the cats???

I think I need some sleep its doing my head in... that just goes against all logic... but it is cute birdie ...ahhh... kitties... ... Wink lol

No new posts 03-08-2018 12:04 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: