Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Necessary bummer
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Necessary bummer
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Necessary bummer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As soon as I got home from the Waters at Huntingburg, I discovered I couldn't transfer to and from my wheelchair to the toilet. This is a major problem; the therapists there didn't do any work in that area, nor did they intend to. (Thankfully, the young lady who normally comes twice a week to help me was here. She helped me make a bunch of phone calls. We discovered that the reason the therapists weren't covering everything was that they were trying to get me to become a permanent resident!)

Long story short, my case worker with Lifesource (the local disabled aid agency) was able to get me an emergency admit at Hillcrest, a facility in Jeffersonville, IN (a hell of a lot closer!)

Soooo, it's not over yet. Frown

No new posts 07-08-2015 20:15 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sending good vibes your way EW. I hope you can get back home very soon! Grouphug

No new posts 07-08-2015 20:21 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

eep! Hopefully this won't be a long setback before you get home again!

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 07-08-2015 21:47 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Ugh!!! I'm so sorry. Frown

No new posts 07-08-2015 22:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Oh my, hope they can get this ironed out soon!

No new posts 08-08-2015 10:40 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Oh no, out of one and into another. Hope you get to go home permanently soon.

No new posts 08-08-2015 13:12 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

That's just awful, EW! Hopefully, you can still make your escape yet!

Although, I guess it's a compliment that they liked you so much they wanted you to be there permanently.

Hang in there and hope you finally get home soon!

No new posts 09-08-2015 23:52 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

It was a Spectran plot, EW! I hope everything works out!

No new posts 12-08-2015 22:51 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

Hola!

Don't give up and try to get another solution. Sometimes our friends have contacts to help us with our problems......try to think who might have someone who might assist you!

You are strong and surely, you can overcome all this.

Hugs and blessings to you! Angel3

No new posts 13-08-2015 02:45 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by adrianag
Hola!

Don't give up and try to get another solution. Sometimes our friends have contacts to help us with our problems......try to think who might have someone who might assist you!

You are strong and surely, you can overcome all this.

Hugs and blessings to you! Angel3

Thank you, adrianag!

Now that I'm in a different rehab facility, things have started getting better. I have been doing "sliding board transfers" whwnever I get in or out of bed. When I do this type of transfer, my wheelchair is placed beside the bed. The armrest that is between the wheelchair's seat and the bed is removed. A board is placed across the area between the bed and the wheelchair. Then I slide across the board until I'm where I want to be!

The therapists here say it should be about a month before I'm ready to go home, which isn't too bad.

No new posts 13-08-2015 20:10 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Have any complaints been filed about the fact that the previous facility ignored this particular issue?

No new posts 13-08-2015 20:37 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Chris -- Not at this point. Right now it's my word against their's; they phrased their reports in such a way that didn't give any clear-cut indication of being ready to go home or not. Also, when Dr. Rader asked, "How's she doing?", they'd just say how long I was standin at the parallel bars; they can say that they didn't tell him about my lack of transfer work because he never specifically asked. (I know it's stupid in regular life, but it's a solid legal argument.)

No new posts 13-08-2015 21:18 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Heh, well, at least be sure to report what happened to the facility so that it doesn't happen to someone else. :/

No new posts 13-08-2015 22:15 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

At least you're getting proper help now, EW.

No new posts 14-08-2015 01:35 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite

Thank you, adrianag!

Now that I'm in a different rehab facility, things have started getting better. I have been doing "sliding board transfers" whwnever I get in or out of bed. When I do this type of transfer, my wheelchair is placed beside the bed. The armrest that is between the wheelchair's seat and the bed is removed. A board is placed across the area between the bed and the wheelchair. Then I slide across the board until I'm where I want to be!

The therapists here say it should be about a month before I'm ready to go home, which isn't too bad.

Hola!

I'm glad to hear that you are optimistic. Surely, this will help you to build up your strength and sooner than you think, you will be back at home.....

Changes in our life are challenges and they are part of our path to success!

Never give up and continue strong! cheeleader3

From the other side of the world, receive lots of hugs from me Smile

No new posts 14-08-2015 04:01 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Hugs, EW!

No new posts 17-09-2015 20:36 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: