Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Supah Ninjas
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Supah Ninjas
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Supah Ninjas Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I know this isn't a cartoon, but wasn't really sure where else to put. It seemed best here.

My son turned this on this afternoon and the first thing I noticed was George Takei, so of course the Trekkie in me had to watch.

Like most Nick shows it is a little cartoonish even though it is live action.

http://www.nick.com/shows/supah-ninjas/

No new posts 19-04-2011 02:15 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interesting.

"When Mike discovers that he comes from a long line of ninjas, he's ushered into the exciting world of crime-fighting, butt-kicking, and villain-battling. Mike & Owen team up as "Supah Ninjas" and begin training with Mike's grandpa a.k.a "Hologramps." Too bad it's not as easy as it sounds -- between dealing with drama at school and fighting super villains, these Supah Ninjas are in for one tough battle."

Change "Mike and Owen" to "Ken and Joe" here, and "Hologramps" to "Dr. Nambu" and the premise is not utterly different from Gatch.

Except I've never really been able to imagine Dr. Nambu as a martial arts sensei, and I've often wondered if there was some other particular person who trained the science ninjas for that.

"Sulu" would be cool! Laugh1

No new posts 19-04-2011 18:01 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

They even have the token girl and a robot sidekick.

No new posts 19-04-2011 18:52 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
They even have the token girl and a robot sidekick.

Oh, well there you go -clearly there's Gatch/BOTP influence at work! Laugh2

Now, if they'd just spell "super" correctly...

No new posts 20-04-2011 02:09 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I haven't had the possibility to come across this show yet, even if my kids love various Nickelodeon shows! But then, they're always changing channels from Nick to Disney and Disney Clubhouse, and many of the time I'd be doing some household chores in their vicinity without actually knowing what they're watching (even though my antennas are always up to rest my mind that my kids would be watching something adequate to their age!)!

Thanks for sharing, Amethyst! In the future I'll try to keep a more attentive eye, especially where ninjas are concerned! It's funny how we tend to always compare our favourite Gatch characters with those of other shows, even the present ones! ... at least, I do!

No new posts 20-04-2011 08:46 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

To be fair, Gatchaman was really the first show with the concept of a 'team' of heroes working together... to the point that they weren't nearly as effective on their own.

No new posts 20-04-2011 14:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: