Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Gatchaman II & Gatchaman Fighter Soundtracks
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman II & Gatchaman Fighter Soundtracks
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman II & Gatchaman Fighter Soundtracks Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

After literally decades of waiting, the soundtracks for Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter are finally going to have a commercial release!

The two CDs, one for each series, are being released by Sony Music Entertainment's Be Smile label on April 4th. Following the very successful release of the soundtracks for the various Time Bokan series, as well as those from Gold Lightan and Gordian, Be Smile is starting a "Tatsunoko Music Museum" series, with Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter as the initial releases. The discs will retail at 2,800 yen apiece. The stock number for the "Gatchaman II Original Soundtrack" is BSCH-30055, and the stock number for the "Gatchaman Fighter Original Soundtrack" is BSCH-30056. At this point, no details have been released regarding the contents of the discs, such as the number of tracks or the track titles. Judging by their previous Tatsunoko releases, these discs will likely be very, very thorough collections. With luck, we'll know more details within the next few weeks.

What makes the release of these discs so exciting is the fact that neither Gatchaman II nor Gatchaman Fighter has ever had a release of their soundtracks. When these series were being broadcast, all that were released were their theme songs, a collection of "Hit Songs" inspired by Gatchaman II, and a pair of "TV Manga Action Series" records which had the theme songs with drama segments telling a brief story interspersed between the verses. Finally, those of us who enjoyed the music created for these series will be able to listen and enjoy it outside of episodes from the two series themselves.

The CDs are now available for preorder through online shops like Amazon Japan
http://www.amazon.co.jp

and CD Japan
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
(Be aware that CD Japan has them listed under Gacchaman II and Gacchaman F)

I'm sure can be found at other locations as well.

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 09-02-2007 17:30 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the information James. May have to check into it!

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 10-02-2007 06:08 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Condorfan Condorfan is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-09-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks James! Thanks

Now if they would only release Gatch II and Gatch F on DVD with English subtitles.....Eagle Condor Swan Swallow

No new posts 13-02-2007 02:27 Condorfan is offline Send an Email to Condorfan Search for Posts by Condorfan Add Condorfan to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Fallonminx
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello all!

Well, Be! Smile has just posted a track list for their Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter soundtrack CDs. As expected, the discs are fairly thorough, with 60 tracks on the Gatchaman II disc and 66 on the Gatchaman Fighter disc. Fortunately, Be! Smile has enough respect for their audience to know that we'd prefer to have the music as separate tracks instead of those darn "suites" that companies like Silva Screen seem to think is the only way anyone will accept things.

Of course, while the individual pieces are separate tracks, they have been grouped so similar types of music are together. Here's the way things break down:

Gatchaman II Original Soundtrack

Gatchaman II
01.Theme

Governor X, Once Again
02.BM-3 T2

Gallactor Attack
03.Cord J, Quick T2
04.BM-5
05.BM-6'
06.AM-19B
07.Bridge A

Science Ninja Team Take Off
08.AM-5
09.AM-1
10.CM-11

Inference
11.DM-24 T2
12.CM-6 T2
13.Cord G

Sneaking
14.Cord J
15.Extra T1

Decisive 4 Person Tornado Fighter
16.Cord A
17.AM-13
18.DM-12 T3
19.DM-30 T3

Joe is Alive
20.AM-23B T2
21.AM-24 T2

Enjoyable Time
22.DM-6 T3
23.Pan F
24.DM-15
25.AM-34B

Suspicious Joe
26.CM-10
27.DM-11

The Love of Only Half-a-Day
28.CM-1
29.DM-19
30.Joe

The Shadow of Red Impulse
31.DM-18B T2
32.Cord F
33.DM-20 T2
34.Ken

Ryu, For Love
35.DM-5
36.DM-21 T2
37.DM-29
38.CM-14*

Ken, Burning With Anger
39.Extra T2
40.DM-23

Eagle Sharp, Toward Space
41.AM-6
42.DM-14 T2

Orbiter G, Toward Mars
43.BM-9
44.CM-4

Ken & Joe, the Victory of Friendship
45.DM-22
46.DM-25
47.DM-2 T2

The White Shadow That Slips In Unseen
48.Touch A
49.AM-19 T2

Tampering With Mother and Child
50.BM-2
51.DM-4
52.DM-17
53.Cord I T2

The Death of Pandora
54.CM-15
55.AM-17

Gel Sadra's Tragedy
56.Cord E T2
57.DM-16

Peace Returns
58.DM-26
59.CM-14

Tomorrow
60.Theme Ending

Gatchaman Fighter Original Soundtrack

Gatchaman Fighter
01.Theme

Subtitle
02.A-23A

A Moment of Peace
03.C-27 T2
04.C-50
05.C-5 T2

The Rebirth of Evil, Governor Z
06.C-1 T2
07.B-8A
08.B-10

Count Egobossler's Theme
09.B-6
10.B-2

The Successor to the Gallactor Name
11.B-7
12.B-5

The Iron Beast Appears
13.C-8
14.C-43
15.B-4

The New Companion ~ Science Ninja Team Take Off
16.C-49
17.A-5 T2
18.A-4
19.A-7

Science Ninja Team Action
20.C-30
21.C-17

Fighter Gatchaman
22.A-6
23.A-3

Risking Their Lives ~ Joe & Ken
24.C-10
25.C-14 T3

Unite Gatcha Spartan
26.A-2 T2
27.B-8B T2
28.A-8

Delta Power Up
29.A-8'
30.A-1'

Ending ~ Previews
31.C-38
32.A-22

The Shadow of Death Approached G-1
33.C-51
34.A-24'
35.A-17

Collapse! Gatchaman Base
36.B-16
37.C-24
38.C-22
39.C-47

The Final Moments of Director Nambu
40.C-19
41.C-13'
42.C-13

The Destruction of Gallatown
43.C-11 T2
44.C-18
45.B-1
46.A-11
47.A-15

Science Ninpo Hypershoot
48.C-42
49.A-1

Underground Missile Revenge
50.C-23
51.C-4
52.B-3

Crush the Anti-Matter Planet
53.A-18
54.C-41

The Poison Apple and the Seven Dwarves ~ The Catastrophe of Earth's Extinction
55.C-6
56.C-35
57.C-20

Z's Stratagem, Egobossler's Rebellion
58.C-11' T2
59.C-16

Decisive Battle! Z Vs the Science Ninja Team
60.C-23'
61.C-33
62.C-39'
63.C-9
64.C-2 T3

Eternal Gatchaman
65.A-20 T2
66.A-24

As I said when the CDs were initially announced, this is the first time the music from these two series is being released, which makes this fairly exciting. The two discs are being released on April 4th, and cost 2,800 yen apiece. The stock number for the Gatchaman II CD is BSCH-30055, and the Gatchaman Fighter CD is BSCH-30056. Both discs come with a 24-page booklet that has information on the music, the recording sessions, the series itself, a 2-part interview with Katsuji Mori (Half of it in each of the booklets for the two series, so you need to get both for the full interview), and more. The Be! Smile website has pictures of the disc covers, and can be found at:

http://www.besmile.co.jp/index.html

The discs can be ordered through places like Amazon Japan

http://www.amazon.co.jp

or CD Japan

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp

and other places, I'm sure.

I hope this helps!

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 03-03-2007 at 16:45.
No new posts 03-03-2007 16:40 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello all!

Just a small update on these CDs, Be! Smile has announced the total running time for the Gatchaman Fighter disc. It will run a whopping 78 minutes, 48 seconds! They haven't announced the time for the Gatchaman II disc yet, but I'm sure that will follow shortly!

James

No new posts 06-03-2007 02:49 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello all!

Just a day after the announcement of the total running time for the Gatchaman Fighter CD, Be! Smile has announced the total time for the Gatchaman II disc. Not surprisingly, this disc is also crammed full, running 78 minutes, 5 seconds! Now that's the way to fill a disc! I think it's safe to say that anyone buying these discs won't feel like they're being shortchanged!

James

No new posts 06-03-2007 16:56 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Laugh2 good to know...thanks for all the great info. James!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-03-2007 22:03 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello all!

Well, the long-awaited Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter Original Soundtrack CDs were released today, and listening to mine, the first thing that comes to mind is, "Wow!" I'd have to say that these two discs are a must for any Gatchaman fan!

As expected, the discs are indeed a very thorough selection of the music used in these two series. They are not 100% complete, but they come fairly close. Thanks to the liner notes, we know that the Gatchaman II disc is missing 9 pieces of music for a total of 4 minute, 22 seconds, and the Gatchaman Fighter disc lacks 5 pieces, for 1 minute, 20 seconds worth of music. But, since both discs were pushing the limits of the 80-minute CD length ceiling, I can see why this had to happen. For those who care, I'll list the information regarding the missing music at the end of this message.

A lot of you who haven't seen the second and third series are probably wondering if the music is worth your effort to get. The music is different than what was used in the original series, and doesn't really carry any direct ties to it thematically. Also, of the three series, the first series far and away had the best music (And if I'm going to rank things, I'd probably have to sneak Hoyt Curtin's Battle of the Planets music in above the music for Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter). The latter two series do have good music, just not as good as the music used in the first series. Between the two, musically, I'd have to say that Gatchaman Fighter had the superior compositions, so if you were only going to get one, that would be the one I'd pick.

These two excellent discs are the first releases in Be! Smile's new Tatsunoko Music Museum series, with additional releases planned for at least June, August, October, and December. The next one will be for Gowapper 5 Godam, another Tatsunoko series that has never had a soundtrack release before. I'm sure most of you are unfamiliar with the series, but you might be interested to know that the music for it was composed by Bob Sakuma, the man who composed the music for the original Gatchaman TV series, so you know it's good. Of course, I'd love to see Be! Smile release a Gatchaman soundtrack that was as complete as the Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter releases are. Maybe someday...!

I hope this helps!

James

P.S. For those who care about such things, here are the pieces of music that were not included on these discs, with information thankfully provided from the liner notes included with the discs. There were other pieces of music recorded for the series, but were never used, and they don't appear on the discs either. These missing tracks were used in the shows, if only once, and the episodes in which they appeared are included. The "titles" are the log numbers for the pieces, followed by their length (In minutes and seconds), and the episodes in which they appeared. Beneath them is the description of the piece as taken from the log notes.

Gatchaman II

DM-10 - 1:19 - #fs 24, 42, 44
A delightful Brass melody

DM-13 - 1:38 - #13
A Brass melody for a pinch, postlude pomp

DM-18C T2 - 0:46 - #14
Brass + Flute, with wonderful synthesizer, slow

DM-24B - 0:13 - #3
Electric guitar + vibraphone + synthesizer tension, opening segment bridge

Touch B - 0:06 - #2
Vibraphone + synthesizer distrust #2

Touch E - 0:04 - #42
Particularly shocking Brass

Touch G - 0:06 - #3
Sorrow Brass #3

Cord B - 0:06 - #42
Discordant Pf, high key

Cord C - 0:04 - #42
Shock Brass

Gatchaman Fighter

C-7 - 0:07 - #fs 5, 16, 19, 21, 25, 28, 38
A touch of something

C-31 T2 - 0:25 - #4 and up
Baroque wind

C-39 - 0:19 - #fs 35, 46
Crisis-type ending

C44 T2 - 0:08 - #fs 14, 16, 17, 19, 29
Pizzicato, xylophone, anxiety bridge

C-45 - 0:11 - #fs 4, 6, 10, 12, 25
Anxiety, bass bridge

No new posts 05-04-2007 02:53 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Thank you for the update along with your thoughts on the difference to Gatch 1. I have never scene the other two series , except in the remake "types" that were released in America aka ER and G-Force.

I may end up getting them in the future but at this moment I should be watching my pennies a little better.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 06-04-2007 08:38 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't forget that the music in Eagle Riders is not the music used in Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter. Unlike BotP, which kept the original Bob Sakuma music and supplimented it with Hoyt Curtin's scores, Eagle Riders replaced the entire audio tracks for Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter with their own music and sound effects. The music used in the original versions was vastly superior to the music created by Shuki Levy and Kussa Mahchi. Heck, I could strap a Kazoo to my dog's mouth and get better music than some of the stuff they used in Eagle Riders.

Regardless, if you want to wait on buying the Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter CDs, just be aware that Be! Smile will only be manufacturing them through October 3, 2007. After that, they'll start to become harder and harder to obtain.

James

No new posts 07-04-2007 01:54 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello all!

Just a quick note to let people know that, if you haven't already ordered them from a Japanese shop, the Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter soundtrack CDs are now listed on Amazon.com. You have the choice of buying them through Amazon itself or for a price that's closer to Japanese retail cost via some of their associated dealers. Just go to the Amazon website, search under "Gatchaman," and select the "Music" listing, and there they'll be. I highly recommend both discs!

James

No new posts 22-05-2007 21:38 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: