Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » X-box 360
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page X-box 360
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-07-2001

spacer
X-box 360 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok gamesters. whats the scoop?Is this worth getting? My 10 yr old son's been drooling for quite a while, waiting for its release. I dont want this to be like the fiasco of last year with the pre-sale hysteria of the PSP.
(Son used the near $500 gadget for about a month, and its been collecting dust ever since.)

So is this Xbox 360 gonna be worth it, and whats the diff with the current X-box?

No new posts 17-03-2006 14:08 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Imi given that the PS3 is now delayed until November 2006 (at the earliest) Its probably not too bad an investiment.

The boys, and trust me I do mean boys, at work rant and rave about how good it is

No new posts 18-03-2006 14:18 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

xboz 360 is going to be good but your more likely going to be paying premium for the new box when its realesed (like all consoles) so I would NEVER buy pre-order and I would never buy one for the first year of their release.

The simple fact is you will be paying what I call the prestige markup, which might be an additional £250 on top of what the console will start selling for after the first year of its release.

Its fairly disgusting that people get charged upto 75% more on a pre-order console just for the sake that they have it pre-order Rolleyes

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 19-03-2006 11:53 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

It is worth getting and I doubt Sony can do any better with PS3 if it's true that it's getting delayed all the time.

The PS3 is also going to be more expensive if it gets to the shelves.

I love my 360 and thinking of marry it.

quote:
Originally posted by imaqtz
Ok gamesters. whats the scoop?Is this worth getting? My 10 yr old son's been drooling for quite a while, waiting for its release. I dont want this to be like the fiasco of last year with the pre-sale hysteria of the PSP.
(Son used the near $500 gadget for about a month, and its been collecting dust ever since.)

So is this Xbox 360 gonna be worth it, and whats the diff with the current X-box?

No new posts 19-03-2006 12:46 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I saw it advertised for $679 as a package deal along with carry case and heaven knows what else. Im not a fan of this "prestige markup" esp ef it doesnt play all the old X box games. does it?

No new posts 19-03-2006 14:51 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Carry case. That's new. Yes you can play only a selected orignal Xbox games. Not sure what games you can play but I have been told that the latest orginal Xbox games will be compatiable for the 360 but not too sure about that either.

Over in Britian, you could buy the basic machine without the stuff for £200 but can buy it for £270 with all the stuff installed and have a choice of having one free game or nearly £400 with 2 games and another wireless controller.

Why I had mine, I had a wireless controller and a headset (daft thing must be connected to the wireless controller) and you can even play you music, DVDs, PC videos, pictures, etc from the computer when you connected it to either the PC directly or what several people that I work with have done, connected to a wireless router/modem.

I have bought a wireless connector for the 360 for this. I also got 2 months free of the Gold Memebership and had to wait until I could get a credit card to sign up for the Gold Membership (bummer).

You can also play music from your iPod/MP3 on the 360 but can't download the music on the 360 onto the iPod/360.

Any other imformation, then go to http://www.xbox.com and you can find out more.

No new posts 19-03-2006 22:09 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually, after going to www.xbox.com, click onto International and choose Austriala.

Sorry about that.

No new posts 19-03-2006 22:14 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

I cannot help, for Sony owns my soul. I love my little PS2.

No new posts 20-03-2006 00:53 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

heh Sony rules my house also. When they sort out the problem with the PS3 it will surpass other systems and lead the way to new DVD technology.

So unless I see something to the contrary my son will get the PS3 he asked for (though not in time for his 18th)

No new posts 20-03-2006 13:09 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Unlike the X-Box (both versions), which was sent out even though it had hardware problems (both had models that would spontaneously catch on fire). I'd prefer to get a system that has the kinks worked out. Of course, with games still coming out for the PS2, I'm perfectly happy with the wait. ^_^

No new posts 20-03-2006 18:19 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
imaqtz
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

ELVIN!! *Glomphug!!!* Good to see ya dears!
Big Grin

speaking of dears, FB oh do try before your son's 18th. If he's anything like my gamester mad son , I bet he's already drooling at the thought. Drool3

and Metaliant you darl! thanks for the link. but YIKES..forking out an EXTRA 149 bucks for the premier pack??!

I can understand you guys enjoying the full benefits of the extra's that come with this new console, but is the X-box 360 truly worth the near GRAND for a 10 year old kid??!! Eek5

(tho gotta admit Full Auto looks heaps cool, dont tell my son that! *grin*)

No new posts 21-03-2006 13:53 imaqtz is offline Send an Email to imaqtz Search for Posts by imaqtz Add imaqtz to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Firebird
heh Sony rules my house also. When they sort out the problem with the PS3 it will surpass other systems and lead the way to new DVD technology.

So unless I see something to the contrary my son will get the PS3 he asked for (though not in time for his 18th)

By the way Sony is doing the PS3, it may never come out until after the end of the world.

No new posts 31-03-2006 09:04 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by imaqtz
ELVIN!! *Glomphug!!!* Good to see ya dears!
Big Grin

speaking of dears, FB oh do try before your son's 18th. If he's anything like my gamester mad son , I bet he's already drooling at the thought. Drool3

and Metaliant you darl! thanks for the link. but YIKES..forking out an EXTRA 149 bucks for the premier pack??!

I can understand you guys enjoying the full benefits of the extra's that come with this new console, but is the X-box 360 truly worth the near GRAND for a 10 year old kid??!! Eek5

(tho gotta admit Full Auto looks heaps cool, dont tell my son that! *grin*)

It may be worth it as the way Sony is putting back the PS3 and the cost of the machine when/if it comes out, then it maybe worth it.

My 360 hasn't blown up yet as it's got plenty of air around it and my workmate, who has/had almost every single games console you could name is thinking of not buying the PS3.

Remember, witht he 360, you can play online with other people from all over the world, talk to them, even see them when the web cam thingy comes out, play CDs, rip CDs onto the machine, link it with your PC and look at pictures and play music from you PC's hard drive and watch DVDs.

Also, by the time PS3 comes out, then you may get to buy the 360 second hand which may be cheaper or buy just the machine without the extras (which yo can over here) and just play the games with your son and not bother with playing CDs, DVDs and playing online..

But remember it's really your choice.

No new posts 31-03-2006 09:11 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Imi, The PS3 has been put back until November my son turned 18 on the 24th March so he and PS3 for his birthday was not going to happen.

and Yes Metaliant if Sony dont fix their issues with the PS3 the end of the world may come before its released

No new posts 31-03-2006 20:21 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe this is the newest plan from Spectre? Eek

No new posts 01-04-2006 14:53 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'd think they'd be too busy pushing back the release date for Zelda: Twilight Princess. Perhaps not, though.

No new posts 01-04-2006 15:34 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=375&s=l

My work supervisor found this for me and thought I put it on here. If this doesn't work then just goto www.eurogamer.net and click onto the eurogamer TV thingy.

No new posts 14-05-2006 12:50 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

http://www.msxbox-world.com/xbox/news/ar...en-shocker.html

As the articles syas, if you having both, then you may ned to buy a very, very big house.

No new posts 12-08-2006 16:15 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: