Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Was Gatch in the UK?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Was Gatch in the UK?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Was Gatch in the UK? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have noticed that many of the Gatch members aside from most being female which makes a refreshing change to lots of 13-17 lads talking l3w7 r0xx0r j00 all the time that quite a few are from England.

Does this mean that Gatch was aired in England because I don't actually remember it but perhaps I was a lickle too young? Happy

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 12-04-2004 10:28 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I watched it as BOTP back when I was at an impressionable age Wink It worked its way into my head, then vanished before it could work its way out again. I didn't know anything about Gatch until '96 or so when I found Jen Nolan's site. Then I got terribly confused. I couldn't understand how the show I remembered could actually be a completely different show, or what on earth could have taken up the time if Zark wasn't there.

Now I've seen BOTP all again, G-Force, most of Eagle Riders, the OAVs with 2 different sets of subtitles, original Gatchaman and am working through Gatchaman Fighter. And for some reason this is less confusing than having only seen one version with one set of names.

G-Force was on in the UK in the late 90s on the Sci-fi channel, and Eagle Riders got shown too, on Fox Kids, but only the first 30 or so episodes I think. It does occasionally reappear for a couple of episodes when they do a themed weekend. BOTP got shown again for about a year on Bravo a couple of years back too.

And I am hoping that the new version of BOTP gets aired over here too, because I really want to see it.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 12-04-2004 11:11 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Lol bit like that with me and Starfleet X Bomber Big Grin

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 12-04-2004 11:16 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

I only ever remember seeing BotP on tv here in the Uk, but then, I've only ever had free to view channels. (I pay my license fee, and that's costly enough just to watch television.)

I knew nothing of Gatchaman or any other incarnation of the show until I (finally) got the internet in 2011 and it came as quiet a shock when I discovered a) how many different versions there were, and b) that other people still loved it as much as I did.

I will admit it's become a bit of an obsession for me now.

No new posts 10-08-2016 09:28 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: